Jack Leslie mentioned on National News - now Global. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Jack Leslie mentioned on National News - now Global.

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
Just seen a brief clip on the news this morning about Jack Leslie being honoured with a statue - or at least a campaign towards this.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Great to see.

Please note that ANY political discussion on this thread will be removed to opinions where there are already numerous debates on the subjects concerned.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Excellent feature on the Today programme on Radio 4 at about 8.40 this morning.

Quite a lengthy piece about the great man and how he should have played for England and the reason why he didn't.

Viv Anderson spoke in support of getting a statue for him.

Jul 14, 2008
This is a great initiative and a statue for Jack Leslie would be fully deserved. In terms of where the statue should go, I hope it won’t be outside the main entrance to the Grandstand as it’s not that visible there for the majority of supporters. I think the best place would be outside the corner of the Devonport and Lyndhurst.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Herts_Green":193htqx5 said:
This is a great initiative and a statue for Jack Leslie would be fully deserved. In terms of where the statue should go, I hope it won’t be outside the main entrance to the Grandstand as it’s not that visible there for the majority of supporters. I think the best place would be outside the corner of the Devonport and Lyndhurst.
Saw the prolonged feature on BBC brekfast this morning. Great stuff.

I quite agree about the location HG but hope it's not premature to be talking about where the statue should go just yet ...... It does though feel like the momentum has become irresistible (although I can't imagine many or even any trying to resist it). It's a remarkable story of a remarkable man that reflects well on our club and it is a story of national significance. Has to happen.... surely.

Sep 13, 2003
Absolutely lovely idea and it's a touching idea for his family....but
... I know its via crowd funding but this 100k (the majority will be donated from Argyle fans) could go on the day to day spending of the club. Seeing club shirts isn't going to keep us afloat with no crowds coming in.

I just feel the statue should be put on hold until the club is back on its feet financially.

Feb 28, 2016
demportdave":1cx75uco said:
Excellent feature on the Today programme on Radio 4 at about 8.40 this morning.

Quite a lengthy piece about the great man and how he should have played for England and the reason why he didn't.

Viv Anderson spoke in support of getting a statue for him.

I’m amazed Anderson only heard of Leslie’s story two weeks ago. Like you said very good feature (about 20 minutes from the end for anyone wanting to listen on BBC Sounds.