Hallett investment (£3.5m) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Hallett investment (£3.5m)

Jun 2, 2016
As SH said he'd transferred the money into Argyle's bank a/c around 12 days ago, any idea when this becomes 'official' at Companies House etc. ? surprised no press release yet around this.....

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
the_corkscrew":31smzygf said:
As SH said he'd transferred the money into Argyle's bank a/c around 12 days ago, any idea when this becomes 'official' at Companies House etc. ? surprised no press release yet around this.....

It is news to me that Plymouth Argyle are a public limited company. I am therefore not so sure that he needs to report this 'investment' ..

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Why do people need to know this? :crazy:

I genuinely don't understand the requirement to know the ins and outs of a cat's backside.

May 8, 2011
If the investment is by the issuing of shares as in the past this will be posted on the Companies House showing the number of new shares. If the investment is a loan it won’t be shown until the accounts are posted.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think some people are just nosey but the majority just want reassurance that the club is secure and having an idea of what the investment was kind of gives that.

The same with when transfers take place. Folk hate seeing ‘undisclosed’ because it gives us no idea what that club is like on a financial footing for other transfers.

Jan 27, 2012
This is nobody’s business except Simon Hallett’s !

(Unless the original poster is Callum McFadzean wanting to check that the club have money before signing his contract).

May 8, 2011
gaspargomez":35wuu210 said:
This is nobody’s business except Simon Hallett’s !

(Unless the original poster is Callum McFadzean wanting to check that the club have money before signing his contract).

The fact that the issuing of shares and the Clubs accounts are both posted for public viewing on the Companies House website would suggest that the Government thinks it is in the public interest to know.

Jun 2, 2016
IJN":2hlmb96v said:

I genuinely don't understand the requirement to know the ins and outs of a cat's backside.

you don't want to know how much he's putting in ? you're not interested if he's putting in 2 million to cover the hole in finances ? or 5 million as he wants to push to the championship ? wow

Jun 2, 2016
HC Green":2h1dpou5 said:
If the investment is by the issuing of shares as in the past this will be posted on the Companies House showing the number of new shares. If the investment is a loan it won’t be shown until the accounts are posted.

thanks - just what i wanted to know

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
the_corkscrew":21fd5m91 said:
IJN":21fd5m91 said:

you don't want to know how much he's putting in ? you're not interested if he's putting in 2 million to cover the hole in finances ? or 5 million as he wants to push to the championship ? wow
No
No
and No.

Mainly because I don't want every other football club in the country knowing the state of Argyle's finances. That is also the reason why transfer fees are undisclosed - if we sell a player for £x million or even £y00,000 I don't want the next team to approach for a player trebling the asking price because they think we have pots of money.

Silence is golden in both scenarios.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
There you go, what he said.

I've never felt like looking into other people's purses.

No one is more open than Simon Hallett, yet people still want to nose about deeper and deeper.

He's chucked £20 million into our club, that says all I want (and need) to know.

Jun 2, 2016
IJN":a4vuf8dk said:
There you go, what he said.

I've never felt like looking into other people's purses.

No one is more open than Simon Hallett, yet people still want to nose about deeper and deeper.

He's chucked £20 million into our club, that says all I want (and need) to know.

Argyle have always produced press releases after SH's investments. Oh well, suppose they've got it wrong and nobody's in the slightest bit interested :banghead:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
the_corkscrew":1tcgf8b6 said:
IJN":1tcgf8b6 said:

He said at the fans forum that his final injection of cash had gone in and that would take care of the next 12 months.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Keepitgreen":38lnhiyb said:
the_corkscrew":38lnhiyb said:
IJN":38lnhiyb said:

He said at the fans forum that his final injection of cash had gone in and that would take care of the next 12 months.
That'll do for me.

Apr 1, 2009
the_corkscrew":4wgef2jq said:
IJN":4wgef2jq said:

In the past SH has sometimes put money into the Club as a loan, and then converted the loan to equity at a later date.

If you are so desperate to know the value of his latest "investment" (contribution might be more appropriate), and feel that this should be public knowledge, why not ask SH? The only reason not to would surely be if you felt he wouldn't welcome the question - if that's the case, is it too much to respect his viewpoint?

SH has said that this latest (and final) tranche of money will ensure Argyle's survival for the next year. I assume he means that the money will run out in a year's time if Argyle get no significant income in the meantime. How knowledge of the amount of this money allows you to know what his further aspirations are, I'm not sure. You'd presumably need to know how all our L1 rivals will cope with the effects of COVID 19, and at this stage uncertainty is the only certainty.