✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
That's come as a bit of a shock as I thought they were reopening soon. Urgent repair work it seems:

A spokesperson for Plymouth City Council said the much-needed repair works involve stripping the pool and changing areas "back to the base concrete" and relaying them with new waterproof layers.

Plus, damage to walls, ceilings, fixtures and fittings, metal work and electrics also all need to be repaired.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I have a niece and her partner who are diving coaches at the Life Centre. Yesterday they knew nothing of this, so it seems to be a very recent decision. :shock:

Jan 11, 2017
Given that the building is less than 10 years old, you have to wonder whether the original building contractor is going to have to pick up the tab for these big repairs, rather than the cash strapped council.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
IanH":349x4mbu said:
Given that the building is less than 10 years old, you have to wonder whether the original building contractor is going to have to pick up the tab for these big repairs, rather than the cash strapped council.

I’ve been told that Balfour Beatty will be picking up the entire bill! Concerns over the build have been around for a number of years and snags were agreed never actually rectified and signed off.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Someone, I think it was Leigh Rapson told me last year that the place had major problems.

Strange how it’s come out of nowhere now though.

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
Sadly I'm unable to stalk the players. But why is this bad news? I thought a lot of the gym work was done elsewhere?

C

Cult Of Personality

Its well know that the building was built the wrong way around. Hence why they had so many problems with it.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Can they change the colours while they're at it?

Clearly biased but green is such an obvious choice to fit in with the park and neighbouring Home Park, also a nod to the previous Mayflower centre.

OnicknowlePete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
The complete lack of communication about this, leading people to believe it was about to reopen is shocking, as a member myself i feel sorry for all the employees who presumably will be without a job, no doubt the response will be something along the lines that this was "commercially sensitive" hence being treated like mushrooms,
Pete