Todays Press conference | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Todays Press conference

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Is it me or do the club seem embarrassed to have signed Luke McCormick? No interview no picture signing or with scarf etc maybe ive missed it but seems very strange

May 21, 2015
Not embarrassed but the club are clearly being sensitive, in the light of Luke's past. Whether folks agree with it or not, its the right decision not to have a fanfare for him returning, but also you could argue he's hardly a marquee signing like Hardie.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
edengreen":3rbzwc6j said:
Is it me or do the club seem embarrassed to have signed Luke McCormick? No interview no picture signing or with scarf etc maybe ive missed it but seems very strange
Typically ridiculous PASOTI conspiracy thinking, looking for something that isn’t there.

We should be glad that we have been spared yet another corny and cringeworthy picture of a player holding up his new team’s shirt to promote the sponsor or even worse, holding a scarf over his head.

Bring back the day when you saw a picture of the player sat at the Secretary’s desk signing on the dotted line with Graham Little on one side and the Manager on the other; so much more dignified.

Sep 6, 2006
demportdave":qthe0w0l said:
edengreen":qthe0w0l said:
Typically ridiculous PASOTI conspiracy thinking, looking for something that isn’t there.

We should be glad that we have been spared yet another corny and cringeworthy picture of a player holding up his new team’s shirt to promote the sponsor or even worse, holding a scarf over his head.

Bring back the day when you saw a picture of the player sat at the Secretary’s desk signing on the dotted line with Graham Little on one side and the Manager on the other; so much more dignified.

Those were the days! When we used to find out new signings from the bus driver as we lived at the end of the route.

Aug 5, 2015
There may not have been a fanfare for Luke but what do you expect for a free transfer. Lowe certainly covered it in the press conference. There are loads of people on this site who think free transfers show a lack of ambition.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Balham_Green":2p00g1gq said:
demportdave":2p00g1gq said:
edengreen":2p00g1gq said:

Those were the days! When we used to find out new signings from the bus driver as we lived at the end of the route.

And we still had 6d to spend on haddock and chips.

Aye the old days were the best! Lino, coal fires, rickets and diphtheria. You couldn’t beat it.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
"We know how to get the best out of these players" I like the confidence RL has in his coaching staff, it's certainly justified having seen the way nearly all the loanees and existing players improved during the season.

Feb 23, 2006
Quite an impressive press conference.Articulate,sensible answers,no silly promises e.g "awaken the sleeping giant "informative on players, the current covid situation affecting football finances and the training regime. A change from some of the excessively optimistic and sometimes the deadly dour outpourings of previous managers.
One little niggle "over the Moon was said ! I thought that saying was dead and buried
However overall very impressive and gave a good insight to the nature of the man and how he works.

Aug 10, 2006
surprised the snowflakes haven't picked up on that RL " his misses " " his misses is ready to drop " not very pc is it RL :lol: i wish the bloody mic would pick up more of the person who was asking the question can hardly bloody hear it.

Aug 5, 2015
At least he didn’t say he was as sick as a parrot over the Cooper situation! In the words of Meatloaf “Two out of three ain’t bad”

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Kentishgreen":1mf4kavz said:
At least he didn’t say he was as sick as a parrot over the Cooper situation! In the words of Meatloaf “Two out of three ain’t bad”

£200k for GC?
I would do anything for love (but I won't do that)! :scarf: