New season | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

New season

Sep 25, 2010
With the new season, about 6 weeks away, just wondering if the new regulations we saw at the end of the last season will apply.

1), drinks break half way each half.

Bloody hope not, as it totally disrupts the match and flow of the game

2), 5 subs,

Again, bloody hope not, for similar reasons, it makes the last 10 mins, look like a pre season friendly, just think you could have 10 new players in the match, makes it look like a joke.

Keep to 3 subs a match.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Martyn":1x27fpek said:
With the new season, about 6 weeks away, just wondering if the new regulations we saw at the end of the last season will apply.

2), 5 subs,

Again, bloody hope not, for similar reasons, it makes the last 10 mins, look like a pre season friendly, just think you could have 10 new players in the match, makes it look like a joke.

Keep to 3 subs a match.

Thought it was the Ref's job to interrupt the flow of the game!? Or is that what you're complaining about? Someone pinched your job?

Sep 25, 2010
Mark Pedlar":2v3xoc53 said:
Martyn":2v3xoc53 said:

2), 5 subs,

Keep to 3 subs a match.

Thought it was the Ref's job to interrupt the flow of the game!? Or is that what you're complaining about? Someone pinched your job?

Mark,

I am coming on this, from a supporters viewpoint

Aug 5, 2012
Gravesend - Kent
I believe 5 subs and commercial 'drinks' breaks are here to stay, and sooner or later it will filter down the pyramid. It's all part of the gradual 'Americanisation' of our National sport. By and large the one area Sky have yet to conquer is the US and, given that your average sport watching Yank has an attention span of five minutes, I feel Sky and the PL are paving the way towards a major assault on the American market. Big bucks!

I'm probably completely wrong of course but that's the way I see it. The game has changed beyond recognition since the odious PL was created (mainly to make the 6 richest clubs even richer) and I don't like it.

Take me back to the 1960s or 70s........I liked it there.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
The 'drinks breaks' are officially to allow the goal posts to be disinfected. Sky (or BT) showed it happening the other day and said that.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Argylegames":6w6bj90p said:
The 'drinks breaks' are officially to allow the goal posts to be disinfected. Sky (or BT) showed it happening the other day and said that.

So the goalposts are becoming 'infected' during the course of the match? :crazy:
What about the corner flags? The ball? The opposing centre half's nadgers??

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
The drinks breaks were brought in for players' welfare. The official line:

One of the main concerns raised in the planning process of the Premier League’s resumption was player welfare, with a large number of games to be completed in a relatively short space of time.

Most teams are playing twice a week and in summer months when football is usually not played in England outside of major international tournaments and the weather is generally hotter.

The players also arrived into the “new season” with limited training under their belts and the number of injuries that might be suffered were a serious concern.

The water breaks are a nod to those worries as they will allow players to stay hydrated and lower the risk of soft-tissue injuries that are more likely when players are fatigued and dehydrated.

The Premier League is also taking the opportunity to disinfect potential infection hotspots such as corner flags and goalposts.

Sep 25, 2010
It looks like the new Scottish Premiership, have ditched the drinks break, but kept the 5 subs.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Martyn":1b7boku8 said:
It looks like the new Scottish Premiership, have ditched the drinks break, but kept the 5 subs.

Summers literally over in Scotland by August....no need for a drinks break......and kids go back to school as well come August.

May 8, 2011
Princerock":39w7mzo9 said:
Martyn":39w7mzo9 said:

Summers literally over in Scotland by August....no need for a drinks break......and kids go back to school as well come August.

Very true, today Scotland are having their August bank holiday and the schools go back for the autumn term on August 11th.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Hardly assisting clubs in the lower leagues playing with no crowds is it having to have five subs
Now I dint mind if they introduce such a rule as long as 2 have to be home grown under 23s so that youngsters get a chance
However would this stifle them I.e. tather than playing u23 games or eserves they end up travelling miles and miles without getting game time ?

But a big no no for me changibgvthings to suit premier league

Apr 9, 2011
Cannot see any reason with continuing with the 5 subs & drinks breaks. It was only brought in because the season was so compacted & matches would be played in the "hottest " time of the year , that cant be the case all through the winter unless the PL know something about climate change we dont!