Pre-season games at HP | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Pre-season games at HP

Mar 14, 2009
I might of misunderstood, but from my understanding it seemed more likely that pre-seasons friendly’s would have to be staged at Home Park.

So with the capabilities of IFollow cameras already in place, is there not a chance for Argyle to perhaps generate money for not only themselves but for the clubs they play. Parkway for example. Could they not show the games live but charge the fan base to see them. Or maybe put it in a package where you perhaps see four pre-season games via the cameras at HP, for £20.

Just an idea. Something the club perhaps already has in the pipeline. Maybe it’s not possible.

Feb 8, 2005
There will be no games against local clubs played here, but there will be some games played behind closed doors oop north, where Argyle will use somewhere as a base to play teams in the area who can be guaranteed to be covid free, so no games that the supporter can attend or watch.
There may be a chance of a PL or Ch club in the area to play at Home Park, but I doubt, if that was the case, whether that would be accessible for fans to watch either.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The biggest issue is that the opposition team also have to be tested for Covid-19 and the costs involved with that. Can Plymouth Parkway and other local sides afford the testing or can we afford to help them out?

So it makes sense to have a training camp up north and play against one or two professional teams who will have been tested anyway. Although I still think there will be at least one pre-season game at Home Park.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
mervyn":1dxf0zh6 said:
I wonder if the new piece of 90 minute testing kit announced yesterday might prove a solution. If it’s cheap enough to have in every care home, then easily affordable for clubs.

Is it true that Wycombe have a 120 minute testing kit?? :think:

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Pogleswoody":2rzl1ltm said:
mervyn":2rzl1ltm said:
I wonder if the new piece of 90 minute testing kit announced yesterday might prove a solution. If it’s cheap enough to have in every care home, then easily affordable for clubs.

Where's the "like" button when you need it? :clap:

Jan 18, 2007
kernow19":mppl00uh said:
Pogleswoody":mppl00uh said:
mervyn":mppl00uh said:

Where's the "like" button when you need it? :clap:
Brilliant, :thumbs:

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
HC Green":3kbbu1vw said:
Wonder what will be used as changing rooms with the current ones being used by the NHS.

I assumed the NHS would have been asked to leave before pre-season started.

Jun 27, 2019
Argylegames":15eig9sh said:
HC Green":15eig9sh said:
Wonder what will be used as changing rooms with the current ones being used by the NHS.

All their gear was still in the boardroom on Saturday night.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
WoodsyGreen":3hx9o90e said:
Argylegames":3hx9o90e said:
HC Green":3hx9o90e said:

But we only need the changing rooms at the moment.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Argylegames":h5paw1bj said:
WoodsyGreen":h5paw1bj said:
Argylegames":h5paw1bj said:
HC Green":h5paw1bj said:

But we only need the changing rooms at the moment.

The away changing room is a bit tight for covid-19 distancing. Shame the temporary rooms were removed.