Streaming apology | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Streaming apology

Mar 14, 2009
cheshiregreen":a6305c12 said:
https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2020/august/club-statement-streaming-fault/

No one can be happy with what we saw.

However, in a meaningless, friendly game ld rather issues were seen now and dealt with.

I can understand the disappointment today, but ld give the club the benefit of the doubt this was a one off.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Good to see that it will be improved. That's all we ask surely. :clap:

Jan 2, 2019
It’s a load of old nonsense that apology the old equipment should have worked properly it did before. They are taking people for mugs.

Mar 14, 2009
WoodfordWall":2uu6d0vl said:
It’s a load of old nonsense that apology the old equipment should have worked properly it did before. They are taking people for mugs.

I don't think they can afford to.

I can't see football crowds coming back in October so this is Argyle's major revenue source. If it fails, then won't get the revenue because people won't watch it.

Mar 24, 2019
The club have apologised, explained and given reassurances about the future.... that’s good enough for me

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Fair enough, I didn't realise a new broadcasting suite was on the way.

Regardless of quality the camera position on the Lyndhurst side does highlight the difficulty of picking out players in dark green shirts with bright sunshine.
Winter will also bring its own problems with dark shirts.

Jan 18, 2007
Really didn't expect that, and its good to know they have listened when we complained about i follow, even if they made excuses at the time.....but thanks for the apology.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Keyham Pilgrim":1p85kdnz said:
I am sure this well be sorted out and I think this is where we well benefit of Trevor East expertise.

Yep, that's the key for me.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PL2 3DQ":2nsv66v2 said:
Regardless of quality the camera position on the Lyndhurst side does highlight the difficulty of picking out players in dark green shirts with bright sunshine.

There was supposed to be a sun screen thing with ‘Lyndhurst Stand’ lettering on it, wasn’t there? Though I appreciate it’s not top of the priority list.

Also... and I know, I know this is also a minor thing AND that I keep going on about it... if the camera is pointing that way, then I’d really love that Grandstand/Devonport corner to be cleaned up. Every little helps in making the club seem slick and professional when streaming to the world.

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
Biggs":1gth5jad said:
PL2 3DQ":1gth5jad said:

There was supposed to be a sun screen thing with ‘Lyndhurst Stand’ lettering on it, wasn’t there? Though I appreciate it’s not top of the priority list.

Also... and I know, I know this is also a minor thing AND that I keep going on about it... if the camera is pointing that way, then I’d really love that Grandstand/Devonport corner to be cleaned up. Every little helps in making the club seem slick and professional when streaming to the world.

Yes today's broadcast fiasco, the guys laughing as if it didn't matter, that bloody corner. Such cheap simple little things that make a world of difference. I wish somebody, anybody would get a grip.

Caribou

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jan 4, 2011
Gloucestershire
nikkk":3r6doccz said:
Biggs":3r6doccz said:
PL2 3DQ":3r6doccz said:

Yes today's broadcast fiasco, the guys laughing as if it didn't matter, that bloody corner. Such cheap simple little things that make a world of difference. I wish somebody, anybody would get a grip.

No idea who you are, but that just reads like you have some sort of ‘knock the club and its leadership at all costs’ agenda. I truly hope that’s not the case, because as far as I can see we have never been in safer hands. Today was a meaningless pre-season friendly, they tried to do something good for the fans, it didn’t quite work. Move on. The club, all football that matters, has an incredibly difficult year ahead. Argyle staff are most likely going to lose their jobs. I’d suggest it’s better for us all to rally round and support them, not look for opportunities to knock them about things that really don’t matter, however disappointed we might be not to have been able to watch a preseason friendly against Parkway. Big picture, chaps, big picture.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
This was the first pre-season friendly when players are able to have a good run out and improve their match fitness.
Unfortunately, it transpired that the TV production also needed to try to prove it’s fitness and it failed.
We have received a genuine and prompt apology with an assurance that things will improve.
What more did you want? It was free.