The probability of postponements for Argyle.. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The probability of postponements for Argyle..

Mar 14, 2009
This article today made we realise just how disjointed the following league campaign might be.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53729449

If players can’t control themselves after the opening weeks over a new season to be disciplined over the Covid-19 rules then surely the season might turn out to be a farce.

Already, Aberdeen and Celtic now have their next two matches suspended.

Is this isolated incident? Or do people feel like a trend of things to come. Especially now we are getting more localised virus outbreaks.

Part of me really wants football back. Yet l can’t help but feel we might see regular postponements and fragment even more an already disjointed season.

The worst part is your depending on everyone in the league you play to follow the protocol’s but your games, and therefore season, might be affected by the actions of opposition team’s players.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
I think postponements are inevitable whilst the virus is still at large in the general population.
However, perhaps there should be sanctions if the issue is self inflicted due to players' stupidity as in the Scotland cases!

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Not only the player's fault but the clubs as well. Celtic would have known full well the whereabouts of their players and thus would have known trhat their player had just returned from Spain and therefore had to self isolate. Celtic should be docked points....

Apr 1, 2009
Metal_Green_Mickey":2v1gb1jp said:
Part of me really wants football back. Yet l can’t help but feel we might see regular postponements and fragment even more an already disjointed season.

The worst part is your depending on everyone in the league you play to follow the protocol’s but your games, and therefore season, might be affected by the actions of opposition team’s players.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think postponements and a fragmented season are inevitable. The COVID-related reasons could be many and varied, and certainly not limited to the selfishness and stupidity of a few footballers.

I think Scottish Football is one significant incident away from being stopped for the foreseeable - Ms Sturgeon was seriously unimpressed with the Aberdeen 8 (which incidentally included one Matty Kennedy) and her mood won't have been improved by the Celtic case. If there are loads of incidents with English-based footballers ignoring protocols, our coming season may prove to be unsustainable. The implications of that would be horrendous.

Feb 21, 2011
oddball":1yvbzplq said:
Not only the player's fault but the clubs as well. Celtic would have known full well the whereabouts of their players and thus would have known trhat their player had just returned from Spain and therefore had to self isolate. Celtic should be docked points....
Apparently an unsanctioned trip that Celtic were unaware of according to BBC radio this morning.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
BadBoy":1slg5d50 said:
oddball":1slg5d50 said:
Apparently an unsanctioned trip that Celtic were unaware of according to BBC radio this morning.
Perhaps an unsanctioned trip, but they still played the player in the match.
If he went against club rules, then sack him. Sends out a message.

May 8, 2011
L G":2yafu64j said:
BadBoy":2yafu64j said:
oddball":2yafu64j said:
Perhaps an unsanctioned trip, but they still played the player in the match.
If he went against club rules, then sack him. Sends out a message.

Listening to Neil Lennon yesterday when he said he had instructed the players to stay in or around Glasgow and that no one at the Club, officials or players were aware Bolingoli had been away because he didn’t tell anyone, and that it would be difficult for Bolingoli to be accepted back in the dressing room would say his time at Celtic is over.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
What will focus the minds of both club and players will be any League rule that any transgression will be the permanent cancellation of a game and the award of the win points to the innocent opposition team, at an adverse goals against score.

Apr 9, 2011
Just as an aside, i believe i am correct in saying with ref the recent cricket test matches both squads of players & even the media have been working in a bubble for weeks to ensure the matches went ahead, that is the only way to guarantee the season progressing smoothly but will never happen in football

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
To me, there is little difference between not being able to fulfil a fixture due to players being quarantined - as a result of negligence - and not being able to play due to the ground/stadium up being to standard (i.e. Macclesfield) . So if this happened in to an EFL team, then a docking of points should apply.
In a compressed season to get the games completed by May, having to reschedule will be difficult - particularly at the back end of the season. I think the game should not be rearranged, but award the game and points to the opposition with, perhaps, a nominal 3 nil scoreline.
Of course, you wait until the season is finished, apply the appropriate points and then allow an appeal and finally add the number you first thought of.

Jul 12, 2016
As in most walks of life there are people who think the rules don't apply to them.This is particularly the case with some footballers who are obscenely overpaid and who do what they like regardless of the implications for others. There are no excuses for their behaviour and I hope the authorities dish out
severe punishments to these morons and their clubs.

Apr 1, 2009
Premiership Rugby are saying that any club who can't fulfill a fixture due to player quarantine, loses the fixture by 20 points to 0.

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
Bryan_Tregunna":pdsho96d said:
To me, there is little difference between not being able to fulfil a fixture due to players being quarantined - as a result of negligence - and not being able to play due to the ground/stadium up being to standard (i.e. Macclesfield) . So if this happened in to an EFL team, then a docking of points should apply.
In a compressed season to get the games completed by May, having to reschedule will be difficult - particularly at the back end of the season. I think the game should not be rearranged, but award the game and points to the opposition with, perhaps, a nominal 3 nil scoreline.
Of course, you wait until the season is finished, apply the appropriate points and then allow an appeal and finally add the number you first thought of.

:iagree: especially with the bit I've highlighted.