23 team League One again next season? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

23 team League One again next season?

Aug 12, 2016
Bang Phra. Thailand
Charlton Athletic is a great club.

They play in a superb stadium with an outstanding history and have some of the best fans I have ever met.
If you care about fooball you have to care for these people.

unfortunately I'm not sure the FA / EFL care that much about who owns football clubs and are clearly in awe of anyone who claims to have a lot of money, not bothering to check out those claims. Result - clubs screwed by clowns.

D

Darren Stoneman

I have to say I have some sympathy however the implosion of football is on the horizon

Remember we have been there and chose a safe route back to a successful club, the efforts of Chris Webb, IJN etc whilst not always popular were the driving force behind our survival, I am not sure too many clubs have people like that to lead from the front and make Personal sacrifices to save their clubs

No matter how good a club you are only as good as your fans, your owner and bank balance

I am relived we have a steady hand now and look on with no satisfaction other clubs struggling after owners are seemingly not chasing the promised dream and not in a position to chase at all

Football needs to learn a lesson I know all PAFC fans have,

Good luck CAFC

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Comparisons with the situation at Bury may be somewhat premature, not to say alarmist.

Charlton have just signed Alex Gilbey from MK Dons on a 3-year contract, having paid an ‘undisclosed fee’ in the process.

Any club paying transfer fees and offering 3-year contracts would appear unlikely to be facing the possibility of expulsion from the League.

Jul 29, 2010
Darren Stoneman":v21sp2gm said:
I have to say I have some sympathy however the implosion of football is on the horizon

Remember we have been there and chose a safe route back to a successful club, the efforts of Chris Webb, IJN etc whilst not always popular were the driving force behind our survival, I am not sure too many clubs have people like that to lead from the front and make Personal sacrifices to save their clubs

No matter how good a club you are only as good as your fans, your owner and bank balance

I am relived we have a steady hand now and look on with no satisfaction other clubs struggling after owners are seemingly not chasing the promised dream and not in a position to chase at all

Football needs to learn a lesson I know all PAFC fans have,

Good luck CAFC

I do not share your confidence Darren. Some yes, most maybe, but not all.

The closer we get to the Championship, worse still if we're doing well there, then the more and the louder will be echoes of past folly...

'Speculate to accumulate', 'show ambition', 'just a bit more and we can make the Premier League'.

Mark my words it will happen, these words will again be uttered by Argyle fans.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
cheshiregreen":2f95a2in said:
Even if Charlton survive and it's interesting the EFL are letting them sign players while under a transfer embargo, Wigan could also be under threat.

https://twitter.com/henrywinter/status/ ... 40066?s=19
It would seem that Charlton have to discuss each deal with the EFL and even then are restricted to offering wages of £1300 pw max.

Aug 17, 2005
Keepitgreen":t0icf47i said:
cheshiregreen":t0icf47i said:
Even if Charlton survive and it's interesting the EFL are letting them sign players while under a transfer embargo, Wigan could also be under threat.

https://twitter.com/henrywinter/status/ ... 40066?s=19
It would seem that Charlton have to discuss each deal with the EFL and even then are restricted to offering wages of £1300 pw max.

I read that yesterday as well. The remaining clubs the wage cap is restricted to 2000 pounds per week. Clubs have been signing players prior to it being bought in to get around it. Did make me think it will restrict the players we are able to sign

Aug 17, 2005
Kentishgreen":z9usaz89 said:
2 grand a week is better than signing on.

That's true but let's say we managed to get an agreement with peterboro would the wage cap stop us signing George Cooper because it would mean him taking a pay cut. No I dont know his income but thought he would be a good example.