PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Peterborough Today

Co-owner Darragh MacAnthony was today (August 19) asked how close Posh were to finalising their squad for the League One season in a club interview and replied: “We are possibly two pieces away from where we want to be.
“We could need a number 10 depending on whether George (Cooper) stays or goes.

Given we are trialing left wing-backs where would Cooper play if he returns?

Mar 14, 2009
PL2 3DQ":1stzn9pn said:
Peterborough Today

Co-owner Darragh MacAnthony was today (August 19) asked how close Posh were to finalising their squad for the League One season in a club interview and replied: “We are possibly two pieces away from where we want to be.
“We could need a number 10 depending on whether George (Cooper) stays or goes.

Given we are trialing left wing-backs where would Cooper play if he returns?

Let’s face it. He wasn’t a wing back defensively. What if injury happens to a Mayor? Perfect to slot in one of the CAM positions.

Jan 27, 2012
Cooper is better than Mayor in my opinion. Whilst Mayor is neat and tidy on the ball, Cooper has the cutting edge delivery that Argyle really need.

The wage cap may be a big problem for Argyle. I expect the club need to offer more money for players to relocate in this corner of the country, and that's going to be difficult even if Argyle have the means to pay a bit more. I'd guess that Mayor and Hardie are taking a big slice of playing budget already.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Someone will probably have more knowledge than me about this, but, I think. EFL announced that existing contracts are capped at the divisional average.

So, just for illustration, if Danny was on £3k a week but the divisional average was £2.3k then we have some leeway.

Hard to know what the League 1 average may be given clubs like Sunderland probably paying players over the odds, but, others Accrington and Rochdale may be paying a lot less than Argyle have offered Camara or McLeod.

Jul 13, 2009
LISKEARD
Semper Viridis":1a2noxkc said:
Have a feeling we’ve been biding our time with Coops in an attempt to make any potential deal more affordable.

Is this why Page has been on trial for so long?

He has just recovered from a long term injury so making sure he's up to the job I guess

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Ferguson has signed two midfielders recently.

Ethan Hamilton released by Man United and Reece Brown has returned to London Road from Huddersfield after a successful loan last season.

Agree that Cooper at LWB would leave us defensively vulnerable, that was evident in L2.

Is there a role for him further forward or are our triallists going to fill these places?

Lowe did suggest 2 or maybe 3 more could yet join in his interview after the Rangers game.

Jun 27, 2019
Hang on, but I thought Peterborough had given Cooper a 30-year contract, made him captain and thrown in the freedom of the town for good measure?

Are we to now question that they weren't actually being truthful when their hierarchy all came out and said what a massive part of their squad he was??!

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
WoodsyGreen":2tzzrado said:
Hang on, but I thought Peterborough had given Cooper a 30-year contract, made him captain and thrown in the freedom of the town for good measure?

Are we to now question that they weren't actually being truthful when their hierarchy all came out and said what a massive part of their squad he was??!

30 year contact? Captain? Freedom of the town?

When was that said? Are you actually being truthful?

Sep 27, 2017
dazzy3000":3ewrdhl8 said:
WoodsyGreen":3ewrdhl8 said:

Are you insane?

Jun 27, 2019
dazzy3000":22mdyt0c said:
WoodsyGreen":22mdyt0c said:

I was being cynical, Dazzy. Peterborough have tried to play the game without any success so far.

I'm not saying RL doesn't want to sign Page or this latest LWB trialist, but it's almost certainly not a coincidence that he's spoken about them both publicly - giving Peterborough a clear message that we've moved on from Cooper.

I remain convinced that we'll see George back at HP before the season starts, probably on a loan deal.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
gaspargomez":333idkpc said:
Cooper is better than Mayor in my opinion. Whilst Mayor is neat and tidy on the ball, Cooper has the cutting edge delivery that Argyle really need.

The wage cap may be a big problem for Argyle. I expect the club need to offer more money for players to relocate in this corner of the country, and that's going to be difficult even if Argyle have the means to pay a bit more. I'd guess that Mayor and Hardie are taking a big slice of playing budget already.

I disagree and I would never swap Copper for Mayor, but that's just my opinion. I think we will see a true Danny this season.

Jul 4, 2008
newton abbot
Want to see Cooper back and a lot is still to happen in the next few weeks, which could see him return. Lowe is a shrewd manager. I'm sure he is covering his bases with the players he is looking at. However, I see Cooper as an attacking left winger than a wing back. I really think the decision whether Cooper comes back is in his own hands. He is the one who will have the best idea whether boro want him to do a job for them or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.