General iFollow thread (incl issues, tips and queries) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

General iFollow thread (incl issues, tips and queries)

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Hello all

Please excuse my technological ignorance and/or lack of observation if this has already been explained or announced by the club, but is there a facility (paid for of course) available to UK citizens, to watch the matches whilst we are unable to attend?
Many thanks

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Championship clubs used their iFollows (or equivalent) for the completion of last season.

I'd be very surprised if it's not agreed to be the case for this season also. I would imagine we'll have an update very soon, especially with fixtures now confirmed.

Hopefully this will include the League Cup and FA Cup fixtures. I know FA Cup has not been in previous seasons for abroad iFollows, due to rights deals. Unsure about League Cup?

Mar 14, 2009
So far this is their official message on the EFL website.

https://www.efl.com/broadcast-schedule/

You would imagine this stance would have to change for U.K. fans. I guess they are still trying to figure it all out but with the season rapidly approaching you would hope this would be soon so fans know how to access games.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Metal_Green_Mickey":3rurn50n said:
So far this is their official message on the EFL website.

https://www.efl.com/broadcast-schedule/

You would imagine this stance would have to change for U.K. fans. I guess they are still trying to figure it all out but with the season rapidly approaching you would hope this would be soon so fans know how to access games.

My understanding was that 14.45-17.15 on Saturdays was blocked out so that it didn't have a negative effect on attendances? Fair enough in a 'normal' season.

They do know that you can't have less than nobody there anyway, don't they??

I bought my ST expecting to be able to watch some football, sometime, somewhere, somehow ..... some hope!! :sad:

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
The 4 games listed below will NOT be available for International viewers on iFollow for video viewing but audio will be available

Plymouth Argyle vs Queens Park Rangers
Sat 5 Sep 20 15:00 (UK)

Carabao Cup
Listen on: iFollow Audio
Plymouth Argyle vs Norwich City U21
Tue 8 Sep 20 19:45 (UK)
EFL Trophy
Cheltenham Town vs Plymouth Argyle
Tue 6 Oct 20 19:45 (UK)
EFL Trophy
Plymouth Argyle vs Newport County
Tue 10 Nov 20 19:45 (UK)
EFL Trophy

These are the only games listed so far.

Jan 18, 2007
Honestly what are the EFL doing? You would think a decision with clear advice would have been made by now. Blind leading the blind

May 16, 2016
It's a bit confusing after being asked / encouraged to renew STs for Clubs despite the EFL knowing full well that attendances are not even a consideration and probably won't be for some time.

After the example set by the free to view Premier League games, you'd have thought by now, something would have at least been drafted to allow access for the paid up non attending support.

Apr 4, 2015
forgive me if im wrong but I thought that the 3 o'clock Saturday rule banning live broadcast was relaxed in March. The link provided in this thread is a bit confusing as it states that 3 o'clock Saturday is a no goer but then only shows EFL and Carabao cup games as not being available as well as those chosen for broadcast abroad???? am I misreading it ?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Back in July the club wrote:

Should fixtures need to be played behind-closed-doors at any time throughout the season, season-ticket holders will be provided with a pass to stream the fixture live on iFollow Argyle, or via an equivalent streaming service (EFL rules and regulations permitting).

That tells me that they've had some dialogue with the EFL and I'm sure something will be announced in due course.

May 16, 2016
Keepitgreen":104trduh said:

Should fixtures need to be played behind-closed-doors at any time throughout the season, season-ticket holders will be provided with a pass to stream the fixture live on iFollow Argyle, or via an equivalent streaming service (EFL rules and regulations permitting).

That tells me that they've had some dialogue with the EFL and I'm sure something will be announced in due course.

That tells me it's all down to the EFL seeing sense and thinking of the Fans.

Jul 12, 2016
Guiri Green":ohiyh7a9 said:
Keepitgreen":ohiyh7a9 said:

That tells me it's all down to the EFL seeing sense and thinking of the Fans.
Wishful thinking!

Oct 5, 2013
Keepitgreen":2okhdwf0 said:

My recollection is that the club has announced that if iFollow can’t provide coverage of every game, then Argyle will be developing its own coverage. So one way or another we’ll be able to watch every match. Have I got this wrong?