Starting 11 v QPR?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Judging from the pre-season games it looks like the starting 11 for the first game of the season is this:

Cooper

Aimson
Wootton
Watts

Macleod

Moore
Grant
Mayor
Miller

Nouble
Hardie

But I hope for:

M Cooper

Aimson
Canavan
Watts

Macleod

Moore
Camara
Mayor
G Cooper

Hardie
Nouble

I prefer Wootton on the right side of defence rather than in the centre.
Sawyer is suspended otherwise I would play him instead of Watts and if Jephcott was available I'd play him instead of Nouble.

What's your starting 11 v QPR?

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Your first 11 but Camara instead of Grant.

Dreamgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Tugboat":3k8n93cf said:

Agree with that, but hope Jephcott is available instead of Nouble and George Cooper instead of Miller

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
If the acquisition of Cooper becomes a non-runner, I would prefer to see Ben Reeves in the left midfield role as opposed to acquiring Miller, but I would accept Miller if a deal for Reeves falls through.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Maybe not the most popular opinion but for me Wootton is better than Canavan and has come on leaps and bounds under Ryan Lowe. Thatā€™s not to say I donā€™t like Canavan, I do, but if weā€™re to go with a back 3 including Aimson & Watts then iā€™d prefer Wootton to maybe up the trio.

RKB

ā™£ļø PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
M.Cooper

Aimson
Wootton
Canavan

McLeod

Moore
Camara
Mayor
G.Cooper

Hardie
Nouble

(Hopefully)

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
Cooper

Aimson
Wootton
Watts

McLeod

Edwards
Camara
Mayor
Millar

Hardie
Moore

Jul 12, 2016
Cobi Budge":1cve36kg said:
Maybe not the most popular opinion but for me Wootton is better than Canavan and has come on leaps and bounds under Ryan Lowe. Thatā€™s not to say I donā€™t like Canavan, I do, but if weā€™re to go with a back 3 including Aimson & Watts then iā€™d prefer Wootton to maybe up the trio.

No way. Wootton is nowhere near as good as Canavan. He might look good in a friendly but last season it was Canavan who held the defence together. Personally I wouldn't have Wootton or Conor Grant near the first team.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
McCormick (assuming heā€™s fit and M Cooper will be playing league games)

Aimson
Canavan
Watts

G Cooper (fingers crossed)
Mayor
McLeod
CamarĆ”
Moore

Nouble
Hardie

May 29, 2019
Tugboat":2j49cbzv said:

Or Reeves instead of Grant, if we get him. I thought Reeves looked good driving down the middle, like a left footed Sarc. Grant wasn't good enough for our team last season, and looks much the same again this year.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
oldage":12gqsdzc said:
Cobi Budge":12gqsdzc said:

No way. Wootton is nowhere near as good as Canavan. He might look good in a friendly but last season it was Canavan who held the defence together. Personally I wouldn't have Wootton or Conor Grant near the first team.

I disagree, and Iā€™m not basing that view in the slightest on yesterdayā€™s friendly - I didnā€™t even watch it. Iā€™m basing it on the fact that I thought Wootton & Canavan both did extremely well last season and both improved massively from the season before. Wootton especially improved quite literally week on week and by the end of the season he was turning in some fine performances, during which he showed us a new notch to his game - carrying the ball forward and overlapping.

I think to say Canavan ā€˜held the defence togetherā€™ is really quite harsh on Wootton and also on Sawyer.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Cobi Budge":3rcjr9wb said:
oldage":3rcjr9wb said:
Cobi Budge":3rcjr9wb said:

I disagree, and Iā€™m not basing that view in the slightest on yesterdayā€™s friendly - I didnā€™t even watch it. Iā€™m basing it on the fact that I thought Wootton & Canavan both did extremely well last season and both improved massively from the season before. Wootton especially improved quite literally week on week and by the end of the season he was turning in some fine performances, during which he showed us a new notch to his game - carrying the ball forward and overlapping.

I think to say Canavan ā€˜held the defence togetherā€™ is really quite harsh on Wootton and also on Sawyer.

I think Wootton has improved massively.

Wootton is capable on the ball and the one that brings it out from the back. Canavan is an organiser and always instructs others on positioning.

Individually good but Iā€™m always nervous when they play together as neither have much pace which draws the DCM back deep to help out when he could be slightly further up the field to receive the ball on a counter.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Based on players we have under contract, aren't suspended and aren't on international duty:

Cooper

Aimson
Canavan
Watts

Macleod

Edwards
Camara
Mayor
Moore

Nouble
Hardie