iFollow on home tv | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

iFollow on home tv

Apr 16, 2019
Was hoping for some advise if at all possible.

I have renewed my ST for 20/21 season and have read about free streaming of home games for ST holders.

I have just downloaded the iFollow app in anticipation of the new season as per website advice.

Never used it before as I’ve always been at games generally, and didn’t want to pay for it.

When we get the free passes to stream the matches to the app, can I get the picture to appear on my television from my phone when it is streaming?

Apologies, and thanks in advance for advice - I am a bit of a tech remedial.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Without some questionable workarounds, unfortunately no.

What you can do however is log into the ifollow website on a pc/laptop and then connect that to your TV via a HDMI cable. This allows you to watch it on your TV.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=112003

Also, there a few Pasoti people who regularly use iFollow so hopefully they can give you a step by step guide.

May 28, 2019
get a chromecast plugs into hdmi on tv, wireless connect to android phone or tablet , or laptop/ desktop pc , very simple, but extra cost they are about 25 to 30 pounds, that is how i do it , hope that helps a bit

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Adam":3jv23rir said:
What you can do however is log into the ifollow website on a pc/laptop and then connect that to your TV via a HDMI cable. This allows you to watch it on your TV.

This is how I do it, works well. If you want to moan on here during the game though you'll have to do it on your phone ;)

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
I have a lead that plugs into my IPhone with a hdmi cable the other anyone know if this works with I follow. Please

Apr 16, 2019
Many Thanks for the top tips, it is much appreciated!

I’ll probably try the laptop/HDMI cable first and see how I get on.

Fingers crossed - looking forward to the new season.

Jul 18, 2011
Argyle Nutter":2y3jxvjf said:
I have a lead that plugs into my IPhone with a hdmi cable the other anyone know if this works with I follow. Please

I have read that this should work and have just ordered a cable.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Stpl7":1aqbn7t9 said:
Many Thanks for the top tips, it is much appreciated!

I’ll probably try the laptop/HDMI cable first and see how I get on.

Fingers crossed - looking forward to the new season.

That's the way I always do it. I've never been able to get the "cast" from phone/tablet method mentioned above to work - just gives sound but no picture. Casting from laptop works but not very well from my experience. HDMI has always been much more reliable. Maybe the new app will work better, though.

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Abbotts Ann Green":jxqtcch9 said:
Argyle Nutter":jxqtcch9 said:

Sorry guys, I don’t think that will work. Or at least it never has for me. Ifollow seems to use the same system that Sky use for their SkyGo app - the instant it detects a video out cable it switches off any live feed. I think it’s something to do with stopping pubs and clubs from screening to bigger audiences.

Hooking up a laptop to your TV with an HDMI cable does work, however, as there is no way to prevent the second screen option.

Mar 14, 2009
Mark_Smith":3uzdc7uu said:
Abbotts Ann Green":3uzdc7uu said:
Argyle Nutter":3uzdc7uu said:

Sorry guys, I don’t think that will work. Or at least it never has for me. Ifollow seems to use the same system that Sky use for their SkyGo app - the instant it detects a video out cable it switches off any live feed. I think it’s something to do with stopping pubs and clubs from screening to bigger audiences.

Hooking up a laptop to your TV with an HDMI cable does work, however, as there is no way to prevent the second screen option.

Unless they have changed it, as stated above, you can’t do it. I’ve tried looking for solutions for my SkyGo App and l don’t think it allows the mirroring of a second screen. Maybe though this is just with Apple devices. Best solution is HDMI from laptop to TV as stated.

May 16, 2016
I have a smart tv / Firsetick and link my Android phone or tablet to either over wifi first, then I open up ifollow and stream it that way. Occasionally it drops out but can quickly be reconnected.

Jan 27, 2012
No Amazon Firestick app which is crap in this day and age. Nor should playing customers have to resort to elaborate workarounds.

IFollow need to pull their socks up in that department as has been pointed out before on this forum. The fact that the original poster needs to raise this question in the first place shows there is a problem.

I won’t be paying to stream games until iFollow make it simple for me to watch them on an ordinary TV. Ultimately it’s the clubs that will suffer as a result of these inadequacies.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
With iFollow the only way to watch games I would have thought iFollow and EFL would have been all over this and explain to fans how to set it up and allow time to buy cables etc. A sort of iFollow for 'dummies'.

The club did release some 'how to' videos but those were aimed at iFollow subscriptions and how to log in.