PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Aug 15, 2015
Went for Conor Grant. Thought his contribution was very strong today and he finished it off with a wonderful cross for the third. Mayor and MacLeod other strong performers.

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
Nouble for me. The goal aside, he worked his socks off, won plenty in the air and added an extra dimension to our attacks. He's not the quickest, but that's not what he's there for. Much of his play reminded me of Akinfenwa.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
I could'nt watch the game but i did listen to the game and when the QPR manager says I thought their keeper was very, very good. i have to give my vote to Cooper.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Mike Cooper for me. Not much he could do about either goal tbh.

Quite a number of great saves and caught every cross that came his way.

Given his age, and the potential he’s got he’ll have scouts watching him before long I suspect..

Thought that Macleod was really good too.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Considering the fact that QPR are a league above. it was an excellent team performance and many of the team could be awarded MoM. I went for Mayor as he was the best player on the pitch in the first half. Although he faded in the last quarter he still gets my vote.
By the way congrats to Wootton for not scoring an own goal when QPR hit the post. How he got out of the way of the rebound I don´t know.

Jul 17, 2011
Interesting to see no one has mentioned Edwards! Thought he had a great game, yes mayor had a good game, as did McLeod but we know they are L1 standard or above, we didn’t know that about Edwards. He led well and was strong in the tackle... and a goal!!

McQ

May 10, 2005
Plymouth
Just watched the full match replay ad it is obviously about opinions but I went for Macleod marginally over keeper Cooper (Kooper?!).I think he was held for the first goal, but that sort of thing happens all the time and Aimson couldn't react.
He was a terrier all over the midfield and good possession and distribution... Apart from the highlight moments I thought grant and mayor were OK, the latter being partially at fault for qprs second... Their player wanted it more and he put in a half hearted challenge.
They're is plenty to work on, nouble struggled to know where to be, and the team aren't sure where to put the ball for him so lots of his running was wasted... Not bad, but again apart from the highlight moments just OK but will get better. Also unlike with jephcott there was no partnership with hardie, but that will hopefully come.
Edwards, goal apart, struggled IMHO he is a tidy player but is not quick or tricky so when closed down (which happened a lot) he played very safe or gave it away and defensively was just OK. No lack of effort but as we come up against better opposition he might get exposed. The whole team struggled with the press, so if others this season employ it we will have to move the ball faster and give more options.

BUT this was a good start against better opposition. You could argue we were more clinical but Kooper had to make far more saves than the qpr guy. As players get used to each other we will improve.