Unsightly waste ground between Mayflower and Devonport End | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Unsightly waste ground between Mayflower and Devonport End

Sep 7, 2020
Belfast. UK.
Hi Everyone at Pasoti,

This is my first time on here. Does anyone have any idea as to why there is an unsightly piece of waste ground to right of new Mayflower Stand? It really does take the look of our new stand.

The last time I was at Home Park, was Easter 2019, when I took my 2 daughters to their first Argyle match. At that time, the stand was just taking shape, but I assumed the corner area would have seats in it. Any ideas as this part has been neglected? Lack of finance? If so, are there any plans to tidy this part up? Under original architect's plans, this area was to be seated. Thanks.

Jul 12, 2016
During the current pandemic I think there are far more important things for Argyle to worry about than cosmetics

Mar 18, 2020
Carson City
The corners will be done if/when the second phase of grandstand development goes ahead i think. There was a thread on here a while ago suggesting it would be good to cover that corner with canvas. I think the example given was what Crystal palace have at Selhurst Park.

Oct 31, 2015
Yea as above really.

Bobby's Garden is a mess but unfortunately there are loads of cables and services going into the horse shoe laid there which makes things difficult. A canvas cover ala Palace would be good but it's money that we can spend elsewhere. Last season the fans tidied up the area and cut down all the shrubbery during the fans day to help around the ground. This year ,because of COVID, that has not happened which is probably why it's noticeable, particularly from the TV cameras.

It is an eyesore but money needed elsewhere. Perhaps post COVID there will be another fans day.

Aug 10, 2006
oldage":k7y64fmm said:
During the current pandemic I think there are far more important things for Argyle to worry about than cosmetics
there hasn't always been a pandemic though.

Aug 10, 2006
rsp4":r7kf1nk7 said:
Yea as above really.

Bobby's Garden is a mess but unfortunately there are loads of cables and services going into the horse shoe laid there which makes things difficult. A canvas cover ala Palace would be good but it's money that we can spend elsewhere. Last season the fans tidied up the area and cut down all the shrubbery during the fans day to help around the ground. This year ,because of COVID, that has not happened which is probably why it's noticeable, particularly from the TV cameras.

It is an eyesore but money needed elsewhere. Perhaps post COVID there will be another fans day.
professional club should be more professional it's an eyesore which can easily be rectified at little cost.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
oldage":1cm3872d said:

Fair enough, let’s have the ground looking like Steptoe's yard then. Don’t bother painting anything either.

Of course it should be tidied up and it wouldn’t cost much at all to have some sort of cover over it all with the clubs crest on it ffs. Or even use it for advertising purposes. Hopefully SH will actually read this thread or somebody will mention it to him.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
There must be something planned for this area as I had sourced a supplier (an advertiser on here) and a sponsor (an advertiser) on here, for a stretchy covering like there is at Crystal Palace, but it was turned down.

NZgDqn2.jpg

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
IJN":11hab4hb said:
There must be something planned for this area as I had sourced a supplier (an advertiser on here) and a sponsor (an advertiser) on here, for a stretchy covering like there is at Crystal Palace, but it was turned down.

NZgDqn2.jpg

Shame it got turned down, would make the corner so much better.

Wonder if club turned it down, because they are planning on doing that or hopefully something in the corner soon.

Jun 27, 2019
It's bloody awful and looks non-league. It was my view at one of the recent pitch-side dining events and it put me right off my grub.

Hopefully there's a plan in place to cover it up.

Jul 12, 2016
And there was I thinking that most fans go to watch a football match! If that's all you've got to worry about :facepalm:

Jul 12, 2016
loyal1970":1f7v7ck7 said:
oldage":1f7v7ck7 said:
there hasn't always been a pandemic though.
True but cannot believe how anybody can post about such a trivial matter.