Administrator
Apr 3, 2013

Blackpool
Fans forum 1
Fans forum 2
Twitter
Latest news

Wednesday

The Pilgrims have played the Seasiders 52 times, winning 16 games, drawing 15 and losing 21. At Home Park Argyle have won 11 games, drawn three and lost 13 with Blackpool winning the last five games in succession.

Saturday's game is the first league game for Argyle for 189 days; outside of World Wars this is the longest gap between first team league games.

Sky Bet have placed Argyle as slight favourites to win the game at 6/4, a Blackpool win has odds of 17/10 and the draw is on offer at 9/4..

Blackpool fan Andy Welsh of the Supporters Trust has kindly agreed to give Pasoti users an insight into his club with a Q&A ...
Q: How have Blackpool coped with the Covid situation?
A: Very well. We voted to end last season early because, to be honest, we were mid table and had nothing to play for. The club gave us a few options on what we wanted to do in terms of the outstanding home games on our season tickets such as cash refund, discount off this coming season, donating the tickets to key workers and kids football teams or leaving the money in the club. After the last few years we've had with the boycott against the Oystons which lasted over 4 years, high court battles and judge appointed receivership, we now have new owners and the difference is night and day. For the first time in my near 30 years watching the mighty Pool we, the fans, are actually being treated with respect which after the abusive relationship we had with the previous regime is absolutely amazing!

Q: What are your thoughts on manager Neil Critchley?
A: Love the guy already. You don't get to manage Liverpool's reserve side if you're crap do you? Hearing what JĆ¼rgen Klopp has said about him speaks volumes. He's one of the most qualified coaches in Europe, and during preseason it's clear he knows exactly what he wants to do and how to go about it. Time will tell of course, but I haven't felt this optimistic about a manager since Ian Holloway and we all know what happened there. While Critchley may not have the effortless charisma of Ollie, he seems to be the type to let the football do the talking for him.

Q: Ahead of the new season has Blackpool been busy in the transfer market?
A: Very busy. After a chaotic recruitment policy last season, we have a clear policy in place now. So far we've let 16 players go and brought 11 in. The players coming in are all 25 and under, majority being stars in league 2 last year and been identified as players the manager and recruitment team feel they can improve with the view of selling them on for big money. Long term it's the only way clubs at league 1/2 levels can survive.

Q: What are your expectations and predicted finishing position in League One this season?
A: Well.... during preseason we've gone 3-0 up against a strong Everton side, and 2-0 up at Anfield against a Liverpool side which apart from TAA, Robertson and Van Dijk was full strength so I think it's obvious we could be on to something big. I'm looking forward to an exciting season with hopefully a promotion party at the end.

Q: Without giving too much away what style of football and formation are Blackpool likely to use against Argyle?
A: We'll play 4-3-3 and expect a lower league version of Liverpool. Heavy metal football, high pressing with pace going forward on the counter attack like you wouldn't believe. Look out for CJ Hamilton on the wing, Ethan Robson and Keshi Anderson in midfield and Jerry Yates up front. We may concede a few, but we'll definitely score more during the course of the season!

Q: Looking from afar what are your views on Plymouth Argyle?
A: You guys did really well last season getting promoted. I'm sure you're happy with getting Ryan Hardie off us on a season loan given how well he did for you prior to lockdown. Always thought of Plymouth as being a really difficult place to go and get a result, and you've got excellent away support. Momentum will be vital, as well as away form, but I can see you sitting happily in mid table by next may, which I'm sure you'd be satisfied with too.

Q: Finally, do you have a prediction for the game?
A: Plymouth is always a tough place to go for a result, and it's better playing you down there now than when it's "squeaky bum time". If we play as we can, you could be on to a hiding but I'm expecting you to be well organised and difficult to break down. I'll take a point, but I think we'll edge it 2-1.
------------------------------------------------

From today season ticket holders will receive their unique code to access the game on iFollow, please check your email account ... club website

Non-season ticket holders can purchase the game for Ā£10 .....here.

Blackpool fan and blogger Jane Stuart has also kindly agreed to take part in a Q&A...
Q: How have Blackpool coped through the Covid-19 pandemic?
A: They seem to have been pretty resilient considering the circumstances. We did have a quiet spell with little coming out of the club and staff furloughed. However it was encouraging to see the recruitment staff and new manager continued to work, which has seen us on the front foot when it came to signing new players.

A: I am delighted to have him on board. He is very well connected and very well thought of. He appears to be having the ā€˜Kevin Keegan effectā€™ around the playing side, which is really exciting. Heā€™s brought in some great young players and has them playing exciting, attacking football. You can tell heā€™s always wanting to learn and improve and he expects the same from his players. Early signs are very encouraging.

Q: Ahead of the new season have Blackpool been busy in
the transfer market?
A: Very! We were poor to say the least last season and itā€™s therefore been pleasing to see a high turnover of players this summer. Critch is building his own team and it already looks so much better than last year. I donā€™t think weā€™re done yet, either! CJ Hamilton is already a fans favourite.

Q: What are your expectations and predicted finishing
position in League One this season?
A: Well Iā€™ve had a cheeky flutter on us to win the league. Weā€™re looking really strong pre season and I know the team will improve. There will be goals! I donā€™t think League One is a strong league - and I certainly canā€™t see that being the case post-COVID - and I think we are well-positioned to have a good crack at it this season.

Q: Without giving too much away what style of football and
formation are Blackpool likely to use against Argyle?
A: Weā€™ve been playing 4-3-3 and attack attack attack! Itā€™s brilliant!

A: Weā€™re keeping a close eye on Ryan Hardie, who seems to be very popular down there. Look after him for us! I see youā€™ve been making a few signings too - and you had a good win in the cup at the weekend - so Iā€™m looking forward to a good game.

A: My prediction is a 3-1 win for Blackpool.
----------------------------------------------------

Kevin Johnson is the man in the middle for the game, last season he issued 93 yellow cards and eight reds in 28 games. He was last in charge of an Argyle game on New Year's Day last season when the Greens lost 2-1 at Home Park against Swindon Town. He will be assisted on Saturday by John Flynn and Dean Treleaven while the fourth official is Scott Jackson.

Fellow Blackpool fan Tom from Up The Mighty Pool also kindly agreed to a Q&A....
Q: How have Blackpool coped through the Covid-19 pandemic?
A: Better than most - our new owner Simon Sadler has significantly backed the club during this tricky period. We managed to move quickly in the transfer market, securing out of contract players from other clubs which meant we havenā€™t been as impacted as we may have been in the past.

A: Heā€™s only had 3 competitive games, so itā€™s too early to say with any real weight. That said, what we have seen has been positive. Heā€™s implementing a clear way of playing, influenced by his Liverpool background, involving high pressing and playing out from the back. Itā€™s been a joy to watch in preseason.

Q: Ahead of the new season has Blackpool been busy in the transfer market?
A: Yes, we have signed 11 and let 16 go. Itā€™s a very new squad and it will be a case of ensuring they gel quickly.

Q: What are your expectations and predicted finishing position in League One this season?
A: Providing we start well, we should have enough quality in the squad to be right up there. Weā€™re hopeful of reaching the top 6 and that seems to be the ambition of the board and manager. There are no clear favourites for the league, so automatics arenā€™t totally out of the question, but it all depends on starting well.

Q: Without giving too much away what style of football and formation are Blackpool likely to use against Argyle?
A: Weā€™ve been playing 4-2-3-1 in preseason. Many of our new players are from League Two, so should be familiar to you. Itā€™s a fluid front 4 with lots of pace on the counter attack, and we seem to start very quickly too. Based on Plymouthā€™s recent results, there will surely be goals at both ends.

A: It seems to be a well run club with a young manager from the North West who had a solid first season. Due to the loan of Ryan Hardie, most Pool fans were cheering the Green Army on last year and seems you have ambition to get back to the Championship, much like us.

A: I think both teams will score and a point would be worth settling for - it will be one of our tougher away games. That said, we interviewed an Argyle fan on our recent podcast and I went with 2-1 to the Seasiders so I will stick with that.
---------------------------------------------

Thursday

Blackpool have put a limited number of season tickets on sale ... Blackpool club website

Blackpool manager Neil Critchley is hoping to add to his squad before Saturday's game, adding to the 11 players he has already signed ... Blackpool Gazette

Ryan Lowe looks ahead to the game ...club You Tube

Friday

Matchday thread .... Blackpool fans forum

Blackpool manager Neil Critchley looks ahead to the game ... Blackpool club website
ā€œItā€™s a tough game for us to start with away from home. Theyā€™ve got some very good attacking players, so we have to be very mindful of that.
ā€œThey have a clear way of playing, with a lot of momentum from last season, but we feel as though weā€™re ready."
Blackpool goalkeeper Chris Maxwell says his team are ready and raring to go against Argyle ... Blackpool club website

Argyle striker Frank Nouble talks about Saturday's game .... club You Tube

The club has provided a Frequently Asked Questions article regarding iFollow and the Blackpool game ... club website

olive green

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Nov 3, 2004
Liverpool
Is Hardie available on Saturday - i.e. does the loan from Blackpool allow it?

Apr 30, 2011
WoodsyGreen":xs9bbyt7 said:
Blimey, confident bunch. Almost too confident.

Yes, I fear for their managers job if they are not top six by December given the expectations they have.

Aug 17, 2005
Reading their forum when it was being discussed about Hardie coming back there is an expectancy for them to go up on it to the point its a definate

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Emeraldinho":3nyxjn08 said:
Canā€™t see it myself - in fact, I think theyā€™ll finish below us. :whistle:

If the team Liverpool put out was as strong as the guy indicates for the recent friendly, then I think the result Blackpool achieved is to be commended. I would hazard to predict that Blackpool will do well this forthcoming season. I still recall them thumping Argyle 0-3 in a rearranged evening League match a few seasons ago. They were good that night although I recognise some of their personnel will have moved on since then

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Quintrell_Green":1x8y2r3l said:
Emeraldinho":1x8y2r3l said:
Canā€™t see it myself - in fact, I think theyā€™ll finish below us. :whistle:

If the team Liverpool put out was as strong as the guy indicates for the recent friendly, then I think the result Blackpool achieved is to be commended. I would hazard to predict that Blackpool will do well this forthcoming season. I still recall them thumping Argyle 0-3 in a rearranged evening League match a few seasons ago. They were good that night although I recognise some of their personnel will have moved on since then

It wasn't a result - note he said "2-0 up". That's true, but they ended up losing 7-2!
Going 3-0 up against Everton (at home) was perhaps more impressive as they only ended up drawing 3-3 rather than getting hammered! Perhaps it shows they're better offensively than defensively, but I wouldn't read too much into it anyway.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
I get the impression that we will be setting up and playing a very similar brand of football to Blackpool. Between us it's a case of who gels first will win. I think we will but the way Blackpool will set up they will be in the hunt towards the business end of the season.

German Shepherd

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
They were 2 up at Liverpool with their 1st team. At halftime Critchley made wholesale changes. Their 2nd half team was basically 2nd choice players.
They're expecting big things up here so please Argyle just beat them at HP for once so I can go into work on Monday looking like the Cheshire cat.

Graham Clark

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
We've lost our last five home games against Blackpool with an aggregate score of 2-11. They really have been our bogey team at Home Park in recent seasons. They have recruited wisely, expensively and early and in doing so probably bent the salary cap transition rules more than most. For me, with their Liverpool pedigree and playing a high tempo pressing game they are the dark horses in League 1 and at 18-1 represent good value. They certainly seemed quick out of the blocks in both the Everton and Liverpool pre-season friendlies but they do concede.

Apparently, their (relatively) big money signing C J Hamilton turned James Milner inside out according to reports. We will need Conor Grant to double up with George Cooper on him. I am sure they will press high on our back three which means Michael Cooper will have to be ultra careful with his distribution. Should be a good entertaining game, though and hopefully, we can nick it.

Aug 5, 2016
If Blackpool win League One, the FA Cup, and the Carabao Cup, is there any chance they can qualify for next season's Champions League?

Jul 14, 2008
By the sound of it they would probably think the could win the champions league too! I think their manager might be on a hiding to nothing there but maybe their confidence will prove well founded.

May 8, 2011
Knibbsworth":3jz3pvz3 said:
If Blackpool win League One, the FA Cup, and the Carabao Cup, is there any chance they can qualify for next season's Champions League?

No, but they would qualify for the Europa League and when they win that they would qualify for the Champions League the season afterwards.