Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Friday 11 September | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Friday 11 September

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
Friday 11 September

Wigan appoint John Sheridan as their new manager on a short term deal.

Young defender Ollie Tomlinson has joined Barnstaple Town on loan .... club website

The results of the annual fans' survey .... club website

Argyle owner Simon Hallett urges fans to use iFollow to stream games rather than unofficial services...
100% of net revenue from iFollow home games is paid to PAFC.
For away games distribution of money is more complicated, however the more sales of iFollow subscriptions through PAFC means the club still make money.

The club has provided a Frequently Asked Questions article regarding iFollow and the Blackpool game ... club website

Daily quiz: From which club did winger Paul Dalton sign from and for which club did he leave Argyle for?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Last night I arranged to view tomorrow's home match on I-follow and paid quoting my debit card details. Today I have received a random message from my bank indicating that I have set up a new direct debit on my account payable to Capita Business Services. I know Capita to be a successful plc but I have no commercial relationship with them. Does anybody know if that company is being used by EFL / i-FOLLOW to collect the direct debit income before redistribution to the League clubs?

I have checked my Direct debit file on line and I see the debit established but it quotes no date, reference nor amount. I am seeking reassurance on this issue as otherwise I need to report fraudulent activity. Thanks for any help provided.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Last year, the company behind iFollow was called Neulion. My most recent payments have come up on my account simply as EFL.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Quintrell_Green":cudo9xak said:
Last night I arranged to view tomorrow's home match on I-follow and paid quoting my debit card details. Today I have received a random message from my bank indicating that I have set up a new direct debit on my account payable to Capita Business Services. I know Capita to be a successful plc but I have no commercial relationship with them. Does anybody know if that company is being used by EFL / i-FOLLOW to collect the direct debit income before redistribution to the League clubs?

I have checked my Direct debit file on line and I see the debit established but it quotes no date, reference nor amount. I am seeking reassurance on this issue as otherwise I need to report fraudulent activity. Thanks for any help provided.

If you used a debit card that shouldn't have instigated a direct debit but a CPA (continuous payment authority).
I pay by credit card and the payee is "EFL" but I guess it could be different for debit cards. Capita does have a payments division so it's quite possible they're being used by the EFL to collect IFollow payments. If in doubt I'd check with your bank.

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
I paid to watch the QPR game with my debit card and bought the blackpool game with my saved details. I have checked and no direct debit has been set up on my account, just two separate payments to the EFL. I would check with my bank if I were you.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Keyham Pilgrim":38399k6i said:
I paid to watch the QPR game with my debit card and bought the blackpool game with my saved details. I have checked and no direct debit has been set up on my account, just two separate payments to the EFL. I would check with my bank if I were you.

Thanks for that. I have checked now at my nearest bank branch and it is sorted OK. Panic over!

Jun 27, 2019
Pogleswoody":1k2duupz said:
Barrie Davis":1k2duupz said:
Paul Dalton came from Hartlepool and went to a Yorkshire clun. Huddersfield? Halifax?

Huddersfield.

Was it part exchange on both transfers? Ryan Cross went to Hartlepool as part of Dalton's incoming transfer and I'm pretty sure Chris Billy and/or Richard Leadbitter and/or Gary Clayton came from Huddersfield at roughly the same time Dalton left.

He'd surely be unique in Argyle's history if that was the case - though I appreciate it's a pretty niche fact.

Apr 30, 2011
What a player Paul Dalton was. No blessed with pace but very tricky and a wand of a left foot. One of my favourite ever Argyle players.