Best Manager / Chairman combination of all time? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Best Manager / Chairman combination of all time?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I would say it's not been long enough to gauge yet.

It certainly looks brilliant at the moment and long may it continue.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
So difficult to gauge based on the title ‘best’.

Are we basing in on pure success on the pitch? Saving the club? Brand of football? League positioning? Budgetary constraints or just combined?

Jul 14, 2008
As IJN says we need to see what happens over the next few months. It will only take a couple of early defeats for the usual suspects to come out of the woodwork and question whether Lowe is capable of managing at League 1 level.

I think the fact that Simon Hallett is our best ever owner is indisputable though.

Aug 17, 2005
They have a good working relationship but how does it compare when you have the likes of Revie, shankly, fergusson and Wenger. As IJN said far to early to compare and big boots to fill

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
signalspast":71v390oo said:
They have a good working relationship but how does it compare when you have the likes of Revie, shankly, fergusson and Wenger. As IJN said far to early to compare and big boots to fill

I guess the OP was referring to Argyle.

I would agree with Herts - Simon Hallett, thus far, is the best owner I've known in my time.

I'm hoping Ryan Lowe will become the best manager too, but quite a way to go yet before we can say that.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
For Argyle it would be easier to pick the worst Chairman/Manager combo :greensmile:
as there would be a number of contenders.

I give you Colin and the late departed Dan (666) as one of the main nominees.

May 16, 2016
It's a difficult comparison to make because usually each reflects a different time and era in Football. Finance and expectations across the game have changed so much.

greenpig27

Jam First
Aug 16, 2005
plymouth
Dreamgreen":1zjcnzgh said:
For Argyle it would be easier to pick the worst Chairman/Manager combo :greensmile:
as there would be a number of contenders.

I give you Colin and the late departed Dan (666) as one of the main nominees.

But it should be remembered that Dan McCauley ploughed a lot of his own money into the club to build Shilton's team

Oct 5, 2013
Simon Hallett is best owner I’ve known in fifty-five years.
I think that so far Ryan Lowe has the best attitude I’ve known in that time too.
There’s the best feel about the club I’ve ever known, and the changes both SH and RL have brought in throughout the club are absolutely amazing.

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
signalspast":2vqufcdw said:

Referring to Argyle...

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Lousy_Pint":rvftsww2 said:
What, the Colin that got us promoted?
Agree with Dan 666 though

The same mcCauley who funded phase 1 funded shilton and appointed Sturrock?
Stapleton took the credit for that one

I know Dan had his quirks but he had also backed his managers and felt disappointed from his Investments

May 11, 2019
We’ll find out how good Ryan Lowe and Simon Hallett relationship is when things go wrong or when a larger club from the north of the country comes calling for Ryan, so far so good.
Paul Sturock (mk1) and Paul Stapleton had a great relationship and success that didn’t stop Sturrock bailing out at a crucial stage of the season.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Cant really blame a relationship for Sturrock moving on, if you really care about an employee you'd want them to move on and try a new challenge.

I'd also argue it wasn't an overly crucial stage of the year, we only needed a handful of points to be promoted, I could have won the league with that team!