Argyle triumph over Blackpool | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle triumph over Blackpool

Oct 18, 2019
Plymouth Argyle made the perfect start in their return to league one with a 1-0 win over Blackpool at Home Park this afternoon.
The Greens produced a well fought and spirited display, to overcome a well drilled Blackpool side who had Argyle under the cosh for most of the game.

However, Argyle made the perfect start in the 3rd minute, when a corner from permanent summer signing George Cooper was cleared, the ball fell to Will Aimson who produced a cross more typical of a winger than a defender, finding Luke Jephcott who made a brilliant and instinctive run across the front post before placing his header over the Blackpool keeper.
The next 10 minutes saw Argyle continue to probe, and they were unlucky not be two up, when a typically well measured cross by George Cooper, picked out Joe Edwards at the backpost, who produced an excellent save at full stretch from opposition keeper
Chris Maxwell.
Blackpool eventually imposed themselves on the game, and in truth dominated possession for the rest of it.
Before half time, my man of the match Michael Cooper made 3 top saves for argyle, in particular making himself big to deny CJ Hamilton in a one on one situation to keep the score in the Greens' favour going into half time.

The second half was much of the same story, with Argyle only having rare forays in to the Tangarines' half, in particular with Danny Mayor who used his mesmerising dribbling to create outlets for Argyle. However; an excellent defensive efforts in particular from Michael Cooper, Will Aimson and Panutche Camara ensured Argyle were able to open their account for the 2020/21 league one season at the very first time of asking.
As for manager Ryan Lowe, this was not the kind of free flowing performance we have come to expect from his sides, but rather his team showing they could find away to win as a collective unit. With many sides likely wanting to dominate possession against Argyle throughout the coming season, this result and type of performance can surely only bode well for them going forward.

LipsonJock

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 8, 2013
A very good report and written as I saw it.

GreenDave1981

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 5, 2017
I can’t think of many occasions where Argyle have gone a goal up early and not felt sure we were going to concede. I have only followed Argyle for 34 of my 39 years and appreciate there are many longer in the tooth than me, but watching a high quality defensive performance is not something I recall much in my supporting past!!!

Is it just me, or does it seem like we might just have the makings of a really good team here from back to front! :scarf:

Jul 12, 2016
GreenDave1981":258bxp8v said:
I can’t think of many occasions where Argyle have gone a goal up early and not felt sure we were going to concede. I have only followed Argyle for 34 of my 39 years and appreciate there are many longer in the tooth than me, but watching a high quality defensive performance is not something I recall much in my supporting past!!!

Is it just me, or does it seem like we might just have the makings of a really good team here from back to front! :scarf:
It's just you.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
oldage":3ttcswry said:
GreenDave1981":3ttcswry said:

It's just you.

I just hope you have not got out of bed in the dark to give us the benefit of that last gem?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Quintrell_Green":3lihxzqv said:
oldage":3lihxzqv said:
GreenDave1981":3lihxzqv said:

It's just you.

I just hope you have not got out of bed in the dark to give us the benefit of that last gem?

That must have been the coffin lid creaking that I heard?? :twisted:
Not only got up but contacted everyone on pasoti or has ever posted on pasoti to ask them whether or not they agreed with you? Then correlating the results in a one sample t-test to get the indisputable result: 'It's just you'.

Anyway, it's not just you, I agree with you.
New research needed Oldy!! ;)