Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Sunday 13 September | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Sunday 13 September

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
Sunday 13 September

Ryan Lowe talks about the Blackpool match ... club website

The Argyle ladies team have a game today ..

Blackpool manager Neil Critchley gave his thoughts on Saturday's game in a post-match interview ... You Tube video

Former Argyle midfielder Antoni Sarcevic suspended his Twitter account on Saturday following Bolton Wanderers' home loss against Forest Green Rovers, the third home defeat in succession. After the game Sarcevic received heavy online criticism from the Bolton fans. (The Twitter account was reinstated on Sunday).

Coventry City are favourites to sign Graham Carey when he leaves CSKA Sofia.

Club Twitter accounts
Plymouth Argyle
Supporter Liason Officer
Argyle Tickets
Home Park stadium

Daily quiz: Who is this?

Jun 27, 2019
Site Manager":6xs9142p said:
Former Argyle midfielder Antoni Sarcevic has suspended his Twitter account following Bolton Wanderers' home loss against Forest Green Rovers on Saturday, the third home defeat in succession. After the game Sarcevic received heavy online criticism from the Bolton fans

Oh dear. So the grass isn't always greener then?

Jun 27, 2019
Just had a brief glance at the Bolton forum. Blimey, they're scathing in their assessment of our reigning player of the year...

'1/10', 'what does he do?', 'cowardly and lazy', 'a crushing disappointment', 'bobbins', 'unfit and hopeless', 'absolute dire', 'looks like he wants to hide from the ball'.

Their scattergun approach to transfers doesn't appear to have got off to the best of starts :lol:

May 22, 2006
In contrast, Tyreeq Bakinson came on in the second half for Bristol City for his debut. City fans could not be more praiseworthy. Apparently he changed the game and is a new Toure/ Vierra. They definitely do not want him out on loan despite having about thirteen midfielders on the books.

The Argyle finishing school seems to have worked again for City.

Oct 5, 2013
WoodsyGreen":2bjlv8gb said:
Just had a brief glance at the Bolton forum. Blimey, they're scathing in their assessment of our reigning player of the year...

'1/10', 'what does he do?', 'cowardly and lazy', 'a crushing disappointment', 'bobbins', 'unfit and hopeless', 'absolute dire', 'looks like he wants to hide from the ball'.

Their scattergun approach to transfers doesn't appear to have got off to the best of starts :lol:

Shows how good a coaching set-up we have at Argyle.

Oct 31, 2015
WoodsyGreen":3qoqw0g3 said:
Site Manager":3qoqw0g3 said:
Former Argyle midfielder Antoni Sarcevic has suspended his Twitter account following Bolton Wanderers' home loss against Forest Green Rovers on Saturday, the third home defeat in succession. After the game Sarcevic received heavy online criticism from the Bolton fans

Was thinking the same when he left. I can only think of a couple of players who have kicked on since leaving us in the last 3 or 4 years. Definitely Sonny, probably Rubes and maybe young Purrington. The rest seem to have left and not done as well. Maybe only a perception.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Not sure where the team of the day graphic is from, but surprised at choice of keeper as the reports I have seen indicated Alex Palmer played in goal for Lincoln.

Aug 3, 2013
Coningsby
Nothing to do with grass is always greener.... As a serving member of the RAF i understand why he and his wife wanted to move back to their family area, and those who have always lived close to their families have no idea frankly.....rant over.

Jun 27, 2006
Plymouth
daront":3otcxgyb said:
Nothing to do with grass is always greener.... As a serving member of the RAF i understand why he and his wife wanted to move back to their family area, and those who have always lived close to their families have no idea frankly.....rant over.

As an ex-matelot, I beg to differ.

If I had been only roughly 300-400 miles away from home on footballer wages when I was away, I would have classed that as luxury. Being 6 to 7 months away from home almost every year on service wages is not the same.

Anyway, no excuse for abusing their own player like that. I hope he proves them all wrong on the pitch in the near future.

Mar 14, 2009
They brought a player who is consistently inconsistent.

One minute you think this is a guy who is one of the best players in the team. The next, your struggling to figure out why he disappears in games.

They will flip flop on their thoughts about him. Throughout his Argyle career, Argyle fans did the same.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Metal_Green_Mickey":2tk7l5m4 said:
They brought a player who is consistently inconsistent.

One minute you think this is a guy who is one of the best players in the team. The next, your struggling to figure out why he disappears in games.

They will flip flop on their thoughts about him. Throughout his Argyle career, Argyle fans did the same.

I agree with that assessment, but somehow I do not think captaincy fits easy on his shoulders. it may have affected his performance. We have seen it over recent days with England's cricket captaincy in the T20 game. I hope sarce comes through it OK otherwise he want to move again.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
rsp4":1exz9dsb said:
WoodsyGreen":1exz9dsb said:
Site Manager":1exz9dsb said:

Was thinking the same when he left. I can only think of a couple of players who have kicked on since leaving us in the last 3 or 4 years. Definitely Sonny, probably Rubes and maybe young Purrington. The rest seem to have left and not done as well. Maybe only a perception.

Bobby Reid.