Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
We are also aware of queries regarding revenue distribution from iFollow match passes. For clarity, in Carabao Cup fixtures, the revenue from match passes purchased by both the home and away teams is pooled, and distributed evenly between the two clubs.

For our Sky Bet League One fixtures, the distribution is slightly different. The home club receives approximately 97% of revenue from each match pass purchased (after tax) on their website, plus a proportion of the match passes purchased by the away side, commensurate with the likely away attendance at that fixture. This figure is agreed between the two clubs in advance, on a game by game basis, using historical attendance data.

As an example, if Argyle were to sell 2000 match passes for a Sky Bet League One fixture at home, we would receive all of the revenue generated from those 2000 passes. If the away team would historically bring 200 supporters to Home Park for the game, then Argyle, as the home club, will receive the revenue generated from the first 200 passes purchased by the away team. Thereafter, the away team retains any revenues.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2020/septem ... ow-update/

Apr 20, 2011
Tetbury
I think this is a really good move from the club - continuing with the promises of transparency. It'll be really interesting to see how many people are watching Argyle. It's hard to second guess.

The revenue sharing is also positive. I'd also be interested in how iFollow revenue stacks up vs the costs of having supporters in the ground/hospitality revenue. I think this ratio could seal the fates of some clubs if we get into 2021 with no fans in attendance still.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
So will be interesting to see how many Argyle fans buy away tickets.

Wimbledon, I think, will be an example where we often sold out our allocation (1,000ish), so, a chance for extra revenue there if I am reading it correctly. Think we can beat that 1,000 figure comfortably.

Although we still lose out on historical numbers going to Home Park, but, exiles without season tickets, like me, watching will help boost home revenue.

On an unrelated topic notice the fixtures at bottom of this page shows Scottish EFL League One. Presume that is imported from somewhere?

Jan 7, 2018
The club certainly getting more from myself this season, doubt I'll be missing a game during PAYG I follow

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Centre Circle":2oljnozx said:
I think this is a really good move from the club - continuing with the promises of transparency. It'll be really interesting to see how many people are watching Argyle. It's hard to second guess.

The revenue sharing is also positive. I'd also be interested in how iFollow revenue stacks up vs the costs of having supporters in the ground/hospitality revenue. I think this ratio could seal the fates of some clubs if we get into 2021 with no fans in attendance still.

It will be interesting to see how many people stay with it - depends on performances to a large degree ? Obviously Ifollow is roughly half the price of standard admission price. What the Club obviously don't get is the income from match sponsorship (I assume), sales of alcohol, hot and cold refreshments, food, club merchandise, etc. All of which together, even after costs of staff, etc. must be very significant. Perhaps there should be some form of fundraising run alongside games to compensate for the lost income, from a simple "tip jar" through to something like an online golden goal or forecast the score pool ?

Apr 20, 2011
Tetbury
Dorset Pilgrim":1x8s6don said:
Centre Circle":1x8s6don said:

It will be interesting to see how many people stay with it - depends on performances to a large degree ? Obviously Ifollow is roughly half the price of standard admission price. What the Club obviously don't get is the income from match sponsorship (I assume), sales of alcohol, hot and cold refreshments, food, club merchandise, etc. All of which together, even after costs of staff, etc. must be very significant. Perhaps there should be some form of fundraising run alongside games to compensate for the lost income, from a simple "tip jar" through to something like an online golden goal or forecast the score pool ?

I really like your suggestion - how about a virtual 50/50? Taking the payments and managing the process might make it untenable, but I wonder if it's been looked into?

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
I see the club are now doing a man of the match raffle, so they are obviously exploring similar ideas which is good :thumbup:

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
An interesting split, and being out of league two definitely swings this in our favour.

L2 and the crappy away attendances that clubs bring to us would not have helped, but given the bigger clubs (Pompey, hull, Ipswich, sunderland, rovers etc) we will do significantly better keeping the first 1000-2000 of the ifollow streams that they sell for our home games.