Plymouth Argyle ladies rebranded | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle ladies rebranded

Apr 29, 2016
Great news for the Women. Back to a positive outlook with some great support from the Trust and the Club. :scarf:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Coming under the Community Trust umbrella is a great move forward.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Great news :clap:

Might seem a small step but it immediately feels so much more modern.

I actually think in the long term the women's teams across the country should / will find different names entirely so they can build their own identity with no confusion / chance of being 'in the shadow' to speak, and they can lose the need for the word 'women' at all.

For example, Orlando Pride in Florida is affiliated with Orlando City.

But it isn't Orlando City Women FC, it's Orlando Pride.

Anyway COYG. :scarf:

Aug 5, 2005
ChepstowGreen":z0rn8k9v said:

I actually think in the long term the women's teams across the country should / will find different names entirely so they can build their own identity with no confusion / chance of being 'in the shadow' to speak, and they can lose the need for the word 'women' at all.

That's a great idea. I tried playing around with names for the women's team starting with Arg to keep some sort of tie to the Argyle name, but all I could come up with is

Plymouth Argonauts
Plymouth Argos
Plymouth Argentina
Plymouth Arguement

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Quizmike":23g0qnna said:
ChepstowGreen":23g0qnna said:

That's a great idea. I tried playing around with names for the women's team starting with Arg to keep some sort of tie to the Argyle name, but all I could come up with is

Plymouth Argonauts
Plymouth Argos
Plymouth Argentina
Plymouth Arguement

Its a start! :lol:

But yes glad you think its a good idea, I really think it could help grow the game.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
How about Plymouth Astor FC ? Would that be a suitable name for the ladies with its connections to Plymouth , the good old USA and the female gender .

Dec 22, 2009
West London
DartingtonPilgrim":1ejcvnf9 said:
How about Plymouth Astor FC ? Would that be a suitable name for the ladies with its connections to Plymouth , the good old USA and the female gender .

Very good suggestion in my opinion.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Apparently she was one of the statues targeted to be ripped down.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
IJN":1tjxok5y said:
Apparently she was one of the statues targeted to be ripped down.

The statue issue was why I asked the question, I did a quick but not very investigative check on Internet to see if it would be controversial.

Sep 7, 2020
Belfast. UK.
I have to say, I totally disagree with this. What is wrong with referring to women as ladies? More political correctness gone mad. If it aint broke, don't try and fix it. Plymouth Argyle Ladies even sounds better than the new cumbersome title.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Salisbury67":3ewzbo3h said:
I have to say, I totally disagree with this. What is wrong with referring to women as ladies? More political correctness gone mad. If it aint broke, don't try and fix it. Plymouth Argyle Ladies even sounds better than the new cumbersome title.

I often wonder what this is about too.

If I was of the other sex, I think I would prefer the 'Ladies' title :)

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
Re being under the community banner. The Ladies team have been so for several years now, and have always received some assistance from the club. The latest announcement of the extra cash available for the next three years just goes to highlight the commitment of our Chaiman and wife to the club as a whole.
I dont have an issue with the new name, but I can add that a couple of years ago the players were asked about this subject and were quite happy to remain Plymouth Argyle Ladies