Simon Hallett intriguing tweet | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Simon Hallett intriguing tweet

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
In the States football is a different game. So Simon was correct to use "soccer" in his tweet to someone on that side of the Atlantic.

If you wanted to correct an error you'd written in pencil, in the States you don't ask for a rubber!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I reckon if you stick £20 million in, you can call it bleddy baseball if you want.

Mar 24, 2019
Bryan_Tregunna":7vppdfqj said:
In the States football is a different game. So Simon was correct to use "soccer" in his tweet to someone on that side of the Atlantic.

If you wanted to correct an error you'd written in pencil, in the States you don't ask for a rubber!
Or ask to bum a fag !

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
Have heard they are only offering £2 million investment.
And obviously they would be looking to extract more than 2 mill over time. Its not like they are Wrexham fans.

Could be inferred Hallets want out...based on the tweet.

Jul 24, 2009
IJN":1f718uuz said:
I reckon if you stick £20 million in, you can call it bleddy baseball if you want.
Hear hear

ghost of hughie reed":1f718uuz said:
Could be inferred Hallets want out...based on the tweet.
I see what you mean guess but I don't think it infers that at all. Rather he's happy to have a friendly chat with someone based in the same corner of the world about to embark on a similar journey to one he is 2+ years into.

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
third earl of jean":39mi5eg4 said:
I see what you mean guess but I don't think it infers that at all. Rather he's happy to have a friendly chat with someone based in the same corner of the world about to embark on a similar journey to one he is 2+ years into.

Exactly how I read it

G

Gin

My father was at Sutton High School pre-war and was captain of it's 'soccer' team. He still used the term for decades afterwards but it then went out of fashion here. It was originally used in the UK to differentiate between Association Football and Rugby Football