Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Welcome aboard the good ship Mayflower.

A replacement for the injured Sawyer.
Our 10th signing during this transfer window! :shock:

May 7, 2019
It will be fascinating to see who will make up the three centre backs in future matches. The current three CBs - Wooton, Aimson and Watts - have all looked error-prone but have performed to a high standard at times. The introduction of Canavan had an extremely positive impact on the match at Loftus Road last week so you would think that he has a very good chance of starting in the middle vs Shrewsbury. Sawyer's injury will likely keep him out for a while... longer than first anticipated?

I see that Opoku has played LB but LWB requires a lot more energy, movement and attacking prowess so I assume he has been signed as one of the three CBs? Good to see the squad strengthened overall. :scarf:

May 21, 2015
having read some things on Watts I think he'd potentially make a handy wingback or defensive midfielder as well.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I know Argyle's centre backs demonstrated weaknesses over some recent games and Sawyer is injured but I would hate to be young Law at this moment, who has been talked up by his Manager. It strikes me his position in the pecking order has dropped following this signature

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Quintrell_Green":fcnt3nzz said:
I know Argyle's centre backs demonstrated weaknesses over some recent games and Sawyer is injured but I would hate to be young Law at this moment, who has been talked up by his Manager. It strikes me his position in the pecking order has dropped following this signature

I don’t think so. I genuinely believe that this signing is to strengthen the CB positions.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Interesting.

So we have 7 x defenders for 3 places. Thats 5 x left sided defenders now - Watts, Canavan, Sawyer, Opoku and Law and 2 x Right sided in Wotton and Aimson. if we have 2 for each position I would imagine it is

• Aimson/Wotton on right side
    Canavan/ Wotton / Opoku central
    Watts/Opoku / Sawyer left

Which means perhaps Law is off on loan or perhaps one off them is impacted by Coronavirus and with Sawyer injured too then extra cover is needed?

May 22, 2006
Since the start of the year, for Accy, he has played six full games- 3 defeats and 3 draws (one won in penalty shootout in which he scored). Also 82 mins in defeat and 17 mins in a draw.

You could say that he’s due to be on a winning side.

Mar 21, 2008
Koala Green":5fw283s1 said:
Interesting.

So we have 7 x defenders for 3 places. Thats 5 x left sided defenders now - Watts, Canavan, Sawyer, Opoku and Law and 2 x Right sided in Wotton and Aimson. if we have 2 for each position I would imagine it is

• Aimson/Wotton on right side
    Canavan/ Wotton / Opoku central
    Watts/Opoku / Sawyer left

Which means perhaps Law is off on loan or perhaps one off them is impacted by Coronavirus and with Sawyer injured too then extra cover is needed?

From what I’ve seen of Law he’s LWB cover, not left sided CB.