Zoom Watch Party with Simon Hallett | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Zoom Watch Party with Simon Hallett

G

Gin

After the success of last week’s Zoom watch party with club chairman Simon Hallett, Plymouth Argyle is inviting more members of the Green Army to come together, remotely, to watch the Pilgrims this weekend.

Ryan Lowe’s Pilgrims return to Home Park on Saturday to take on Burton Albion in Sky Bet League One.

With the Green Army still unable to attend fixtures at the Theatre of Greens, supporters are invited to join up with fellow fans across the globe to enjoy the game together.

The Argyle Fans’ Trust is delighted to have partnered up with the club to facilitate this weekend’s Zoom watch party, and are now inviting expressions of interest to attend the online call.

To express your interest in attending this weekend, email zoom@argylefanstrust.com.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2020/octobe ... tch-party/

G

Gin

The deadline for signing up for tomorrow's Zoom meeting has now passed but I will post a link to details of the Northampton Zoom when they are up.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
So can this Zoom Watch Party be watched live during the game by those who aren't taking part? I will be watching the game on iFollow but it might add interest if I can have the Zoom party on my iPad alongside.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Lundan Cabbie":2smmiy2u said:
So can this Zoom Watch Party be watched live during the game by those who aren't taking part? I will be watching the game on iFollow but it might add interest if I can have the Zoom party on my iPad alongside.

giphy.gif

G

Gin

Yes, if you have applied for the pass code. The deadline is lunchtime the previous day so you have missed today's watch party but do try for the next match. Follow the instructions on the AFT website. I will post reminders here for each match.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":8o6p5wz6 said:
Lundan Cabbie":8o6p5wz6 said:

giphy.gif

Would it not be like watching the game with those who are broadcasting and hearing their reactions?

G

Gin

That's the idea. It's like being part of the crowd, interacting with those around you whether they are friends or strangers. It is great as long a everyone has the commentary turned down low or off and there is often some time difference on the various feeds.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
AFT Chairman":bszxh4v2 said:
That's the idea. It's like being part of the crowd, interacting with those around you whether they are friends or strangers. It is great as long a everyone has the commentary turned down low or off and there is often some time difference on the various feeds.

Sounds great other than that. Half the watchers celebrating a goal and the other half still waiting for the free kick we score from to be given.

G

Gin

The time delay was negligible today, so it's well worth taking a look next time

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Yes, I find pressing the “live” button normally brings me back “up-to-speed”; it seemed everyone in the chat room was “watching the same game at the same time”.

Most of the chat was at half-time, a good old natter, including lots of comments & insights from Simon who was a very good host.

Thank you Virginia, AFT & Simon; an enjoyable interaction & felt “one step closer” to being “at the match” amongst fellow Greens.

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
Sorry I need some help here. So is the ideal situation to have the match on one screen and zoom on a tablet for example, or can both systems be supported on one screen?

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Tony, that would be the ideal, I guess, but I only have one IPad, which works fine for me having both the iFollow screen & Zoom.
During play I typically have my Zoom on mute so that any sound from me is not heard by the zoom party but I can still hear them.
If I want to speak to the zoom party, then I unmute & turn any other sound right down.

Before KO, at HT, & after FT of course I’m focussing only on the zoom party.
I hope that’s useful.

Loving your Beryl Cook print by the way; I cherish my own.

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
Argyledad":24y5bxyb said:
Yes. I used tablet and laptop simultaneously and it was fine.
Ray_Stidwell":24y5bxyb said:
Tony, that would be the ideal, I guess, but I only have one IPad, which works fine for me having both the iFollow screen & Zoom.
During play I typically have my Zoom on mute so that any sound from me is not heard by the zoom party but I can still hear them.
If I want to speak to the zoom party, then I unmute & turn any other sound right down.

Before KO, at HT, & after FT of course I’m focussing only on the zoom party.
I hope that’s useful.

Loving your Beryl Cook print by the way; I cherish my own.
Many thanks, will put your advice into practice next Saturday.