Barrie Davies. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Barrie Davies.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
For those of you with 'Catch Up' Baz was on Tipping Point yesterday (ITV).

Worth a watch and you can see why he's a fully signed member of the Pasoti Quiz team.

I'll say no more.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
IJN":1frur191 said:
For those of you with 'Catch Up' Baz was on Tipping Point yesterday (ITV).

Worth a watch and you can see why he's a fully signed member of the Pasoti Quiz team.

I'll say no more.

Tipping Point is my secret guilty pleasure...

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You did answer (correctly) 'Green' very early though Baz. :greensmile:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
You were very unlucky.
I think that you would do better in a quiz where your superior general knowledge would improve your chance of winning.

Barrie Davis

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
davie nine":259irmtc said:
You were very unlucky.
I think that you would do better in a quiz where your superior general knowledge would improve your chance of winning.

Yep. It was a mix of knowledge, skill, luck and tactics with a bit of 'producer's jiggery pokery' thrown in. The winner was convinced that the answer to one question in the final round was "Chuck Norris". She said it several times but the producer stopped the recording to re-record something from earlier. When they started again, she suddenly changed her mind and said, correctly, "Idris Elba". The same thing happened to me on The Chase when my chance of getting to the final were quashed by my answer to the question "What does a human adult have most of - teeth, vertebrae or ribs?" I said "32" which was wrong. Vertebrae was stated to be correct. We have 24 ribs, 32 teeth and 26 vertebrae. Some textbooks say that we have 33 vertebrae but the half dozen or so at the sacrum/coccyx end are now fused together. Bummer.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
i would imagine Millionaire is made for you. Even the few things you do not know I would think multiple choice would jog your memory. I tried the online audition (multiple choice) and decided not to cheat and look up the answers. So I only got 16 out of 20 which clearly wasn't good enough for them. But having seen a few of the punters that were successful, I am convinced they must have googled the answers to get on there!

Keith Whitfield

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 30, 2015
Cheating on Millionaire. Who would have thought of such a thing - cough, cough (must have a test for the virus). Think you'd be good at Pointless, Baz. (That's not meant to be a joke at your expense, by the way, but a genuine thought). Maybe you and Ian could go as an "Argyle couple". You'd have to line up a few friendly facts about Fulham (how many F's?) to counter that big bloke in the glasses, though.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm not in Barrie's class. I have a broad general knowledge and err towards anorak but but he brings it to a new level. :lol:

Pete Jelfs and Steve Mortimore are way up there as well.

Saying that we robbed at the GT's quiz, but we won't go into it. :whistle:

Mind you Barrie got his Mexican larger wrong (I was right) and I got mixed up between Sharipova and Kournikova.

Barrie Davis

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
IJN":2d7v6bor said:
Mind you Barrie got his Mexican larger wrong (I was right) and I got mixed up between Sharipova and Kournikova.

Let it go Ian, let it go! :greensmile: Don't forget, there was also Sergio Garcia being mistaken for Jose Maria Olazabal.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Going back to Tipping Point. I’m just completely baffled that there was a question for which someone thought the answer was Chuck Norris when the actual answer was Idris Elba... what was the question?

Barrie Davis

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
It was about a Stormzy video. Apparently one of his songs has references to Chuck Norris, Boris Johnson and Idris Elba but which one appeared in the video for the song? My reasoning at the time was that Boris Johnson would never appear in a Stormzy video (tony Blair might have!), Chuck Norris, being 80, would not travel for the video (nor would the record company pay for a US trip just to include him) so the answer must be Idris Elba.