• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brief Synopsis Lincoln

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
I thought our first half display was as good as we have played this season. The midfield was dominant with Camera and Fornah winning everything and pressing forward.
Lincoln had one very good chance but at half time a draw was a fair reflection of the game.
In the second half we started to get overrun and following a turned down penalty appeal by Lincoln, the ref gave one of the softest penalties I´ve seen in a while. The Lincoln player stopped, made sure there was “some” contact and slumped to the ground. Never a pen.
However, Lincoln were all over us in the second half, We could not get a pass in edge ways.
Nouble and Abrahams were getting no service and Abrahams in particular faded, probably due to a bit of cramp.
Lincoln´s second came from a partial block by Watts, but the ball came off his thigh straight to Johnson who headed home, leaving Mike Cooper stranded.
Luke and Hardie came on with about 20 odd minutes to go replacing Abrahams and Nouble, with Reeves also coming on for Camera, who had also faded badly and was losing possession a lot.
Luke had a great chance with a couple of minutes to go but hit the side netting when you would expect him to do better.
Lincoln were good in the second half and will be up around the play offs I would expect.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
This is a tough league with some good teams in it, we've moved up a level and we won't win every week. Lincoln are a tidy side. I was at a different game tonight but it sounds as if we had a good first half, I've seen the penalty decision and it seemed soft. On to Saturday.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Very open first half but only one team in it second half.
Fornah had a very good first 45 linking play well but disappeared second half which led to us gking too long. Ref gifted them a penalty- the bloke was on his way down before he was touched.
Both our front twos suffered from poor service. We didn’t get behind their defence once . Not overly impressed by Opoku and Moore is not half as good as he was last season. Watts Motm looked composed and read the game well
In the end we looked disjointed and what we were : too many new players with too many new combinations

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
This season, we concede a goal every 96 minutes when Niall Canavan is playing. We concede a goal every 43 minutes when he isn't.

This could mean absolutely nothing, of course. But it's another odd coincidence in favour of a criminally underrated centre back. Hopefully nothing comes of this covid scare - nothing against tonight's back 3 in particular, but we need him back.

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Dreamgreen":3fgelc9a said:
I thought our first half display was as good as we have played this season. The midfield was dominant with Camera and Fornah winning everything and pressing forward.
Lincoln had one very good chance but at half time a draw was a fair reflection of the game.
In the second half we started to get overrun and following a turned down penalty appeal by Lincoln, the ref gave one of the softest penalties I´ve seen in a while. The Lincoln player stopped, made sure there was “some” contact and slumped to the ground. Never a pen.
However, Lincoln were all over us in the second half, We could not get a pass in edge ways.
Nouble and Abrahams were getting no service and Abrahams in particular faded, probably due to a bit of cramp.
Lincoln´s second came from a partial block by Watts, but the ball came off his thigh straight to Johnson who headed home, leaving Mike Cooper stranded.
Luke and Hardie came on with about 20 odd minutes to go replacing Abrahams and Nouble, with Reeves also coming on for Camera, who had also faded badly and was losing possession a lot.
Luke had a great chance with a couple of minutes to go but hit the side netting when you would expect him to do better.
Lincoln were good in the second half and will be up around the play offs I would expect.

Wouldn't disagree with any of this. Spot on...

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
We played really well first half with several great cross field passes and positive progress through midfield by Fornah and Camara but in the second half we seemed to concede possession and Lincoln were able to put together successions of accurate passes.
Byron Moore is not up to the standards he achieved last season, Timmy Abrahams looked out of place in a striker’s role. He seems to need more time to understand the system we play. I think Hardie should have started.
I guess we are still in a learning process to find out what is our best team.

Sep 6, 2006
davie nine":1dwjzmqt said:
We played really well first half with several great cross field passes and positive progress through midfield by Fornah and Camara but in the second half we seemed to concede possession and Lincoln were able to put together successions of accurate passes.
Byron Moore is not up to the standards he achieved last season, Timmy Abrahams looked out of place in a striker’s role. He seems to need more time to understand the system we play. I think Hardie should have started.

I dont consider not creating one decent chance or shot on goal playing 'really well'. Don't know how you work that out. At the same time they came close to scoring twice though we did largely restrict them for a time.

Aug 4, 2011
Dan Ellard":uswbrkpl said:
This season, we concede a goal every 96 minutes when Niall Canavan is playing. We concede a goal every 43 minutes when he isn't.

This could mean absolutely nothing, of course. But it's another odd coincidence in favour of a criminally underrated centre back. Hopefully nothing comes of this covid scare - nothing against tonight's back 3 in particular, but we need him back.
It’s not just Canavan as a player he’s also captain, organiser, leader. We need him back for those reasons alone as we don’t really have anyone else who has those attributes. Arguably Joe Edwards but he’s been on the bench for the past few weeks

Jun 27, 2019
davie nine":1s809ew8 said:

That about sums it up for me - particularly the last paragraph.

We've signed so many players that we're still some way off knowing what our best XI is. You could argue there are only five positions in the team locked down (M Cooper, Watts, G Cooper, Mayor and Nouble), with the other six still up in the air.

Just using the DM position as an example, we've had four different starters there already this season in Macloud, Camara, Fornah and Grant.

It's still early days and we've had one or two injuries and illnesses, but why start Abraham last night? Why tweak the formation so that Cooper had no support from Mayor? Why start Opoku at Hull instead of Cooper?

RL needs to start playing a settled side rather than the horses for courses approach that led to last night's limp display. You aren't going to develop the kind of team cohesion you need to compete if you're forever chopping and changing personnel.

Lincoln have a settled side regardless of the number of midweek matches and it showed last night.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
The more I watch it the more I think the penalty was just ludicrous, the referee has been royally conned, the Lincoln player is halfway to the ground before there’s any contact whatsoever, and the contact is entirely initiated by the Lincoln man.

Jun 27, 2019
Cobi Budge":3ij1nlix said:
The more I watch it the more I think the penalty was just ludicrous, the referee has been royally conned, the Lincoln player is halfway to the ground before there’s any contact whatsoever, and the contact is entirely initiated by the Lincoln man.

And as Ryan Lowe himself said, the ref was too far away to have a good view of it. If you're awarding a penalty you need to be 100% certain and there was no way he was close enough to be anything like certain.

He was so far away that when he signalled I thought he had given a goalkick!

It was possibly the worst penalty I've ever seen awarded against us and we'll never know how many points it cost us.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
WoodsyGreen":hdor7ru9 said:
Cobi Budge":hdor7ru9 said:

And as Ryan Lowe himself said, the ref was too far away to have a good view of it. If you're awarding a penalty you need to be 100% certain and there was no way he was close enough to be anything like certain.

He was so far away that when he signalled I thought he had given a goalkick!

It was possibly the worst penalty I've ever seen awarded against us and we'll never know how many points it cost us.

The lino should be able to see that it's not a pen, but sadly, it's extremely rare that a lino's view overturns a referee's decision. I was at a game last night in which there was a blatant penalty shout, the ref didn't award it as he was too far away, the linesman was directly in line with an unobstructed view and kept quiet. I'm not sure if that's because lino's aren't brave enough to raise a point or because the referee's like to go with what they've seen themselves. Just poor all round.

Sep 3, 2009
The penalty decision is a sideshow. Lincoln hit the post in the run up to it and could have had a pen a couple of minutes prior. It smacked of the ref evening up bad decisions.

Thought it was a bit like the Hull game - we played OK in spells but the other side just had that bit more. Part of a learning curve and no disgrace. Our defence was also weakened by Covid issues.

Wigan on Saturday will be a good barometer. They are bottom 4 and we need to keep picking off lower half teams for a comfortable season.

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
I think the pen decision/conversion shook us though - we were pretty good up to then.