COVID in the camp | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

COVID in the camp

May 8, 2011
cheshiregreen":2t0j1ej9 said:
https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/ryan-lowe-reveals-how-covid-4625687.amp?__twitter_impression=true

I wish someone would explain to me the rules on calling off games in regard to COVID.

Some teams seem to be allowed to call off matches after positive tests. We have had Aimson and Hardie before tonight sitting out games after positive tests.

The rule is that you have to self isolate whilst waiting for a test result or if someone in your household has symptoms and is waiting for a test result.

So not sure why they travelled to Lincoln.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
HC Green":3qg3d8xg said:
cheshiregreen":3qg3d8xg said:
https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/ryan-lowe-reveals-how-covid-4625687.amp?__twitter_impression=true

I wish someone would explain to me the rules on calling off games in regard to COVID.

Some teams seem to be allowed to call off matches after positive tests. We have had Aimson and Hardie before tonight sitting out games after positive tests.

The rule is that you have to self isolate whilst waiting for a test result or if someone in your household has symptoms and is waiting for a test result.

So not sure why they travelled to Lincoln.

My question related to getting games postponed not COVID rules.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
This might escalate and put the Wigan and Doncaster games in danger of being postponed.

May 16, 2016
This might explain the recruitment drive we've seen lately. Bigger squad to meet the demands of COVID.

May 8, 2011
Probably not the wisest decision to let 3 players live together because as we’ve seen here, if one test positive then all 3 have to self isolate.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Possibly better than having three ‘single’ blokes living away from their home for a couple of years.

Mental health is equally important.

Feb 17, 2017
At this rate it will not be long until the whole squad have had it and then we can just get back to normal

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Really surprised they allowed Canavan and Wootton to drive up. Even if they are negative it is clear that If someone is positive in your household you self isolate for 14 days as it can take a while to become symptomatic. Odd decision.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Forest of Dean Green":2o444t84 said:
Really surprised they allowed Canavan and Wootton to drive up. Even if they are negative it is clear that If someone is positive in your household you self isolate for 14 days as it can take a while to become symptomatic. Odd decision.
If they tested negative it means they're not infected so won't develop symptoms anyway so in theory no need to self isolate. I guess they'll now have to move into a hotel whilst Grant recovers otherwise they will have to self isolate as well in case they get infected.

Dec 3, 2005
I assume all the NEW players arriving at the Club were Covid free - when they arrived?

May 8, 2011
warney":39a2yeh7 said:
Forest of Dean Green":39a2yeh7 said:
If they tested negative it means they're not infected so won't develop symptoms anyway so in theory no need to self isolate. I guess they'll now have to move into a hotel whilst Grant recovers otherwise they will have to self isolate as well in case they get infected.

They apparently travelled up to Lincoln before they or Conor Grant got the test results so shouldn’t they had been self isolating, or are elite sports exempt from the current government guidelines?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
HC Green":3g1ezzti said:
warney":3g1ezzti said:
Forest of Dean Green":3g1ezzti said:

They apparently travelled up to Lincoln before they or Conor Grant got the test results so shouldn’t they had been self isolating, or are elite sports exempt from the current government guidelines?

Just following the example of various politicians/advisors... where's the harm eh?

Feb 8, 2005
warney":1ejualyo said:
Forest of Dean Green":1ejualyo said:

Just because they tested negative DOES NOT MEAN that they are not infected.

There is an incubation period when the virus does not show until later.

That's why they have to isolate.

They could be asymptomatic (having it but not showing it)