• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Lincoln v Argyle, It wasn’t a penalty

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
As has been mentioned elsewhere, it is possible that the ref, having denied a pen for Lincoln a few minutes before, made up for what he considered was a more positive appeal then, by giving this uber soft penalty.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Just confirms what 99% of us were saying on the night.

Jun 27, 2019
Of course it wasn't a penalty. You'd have to be an idiot not to see the ref was totally conned by a dive.

Unless you think penalties are justly awarded if the defending team don't make a fuss - which is what someone on the match thread kept trying to argue. Maybe he'll re-think his half-baked theory in light of this news, though I won't hold my breath.

We'll never know how many points this cost us. We didn't play well in the second-half but that decision turned the game against us. We could have gone up the other end after that incident and gone 1-0 up. Bloody ref.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
The ref didn't even seem to be close enough to make a call. The lino had an unobstructed view but as is often the case with linos, he didn't have the guts to challenge the decision.

Also there's no telling what would have happened in the game should the penalty not have been given so I don't buy all of this "we would have lost anyway" talk, we could have gone on to win 5 nil for all anyone knows, it was a big moment.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Does it matter? Games gone now
We had 3 players out with COViD and had to make changes late on and hot a penalty against us that shouldnt have been given ! We could still have lost 1-0
We got promoted on a calculation we cant expect to get the rub of the green everytime

Sep 25, 2010
Footnote to this,

Of course it was definitely not a penalty, and there was to far away, to make a sensible decision.

But I can remember, a couple of penalties over the last couple of years , especially at the Devonport End, we were slightly fortunate to gat a penalty decision.

Jul 12, 2016
edengreen":4yjpfhs5 said:
We had 3 players out with COViD and had to make changes late on and hot a penalty against us that shouldnt have been given ! We could still have lost 1-0
We got promoted on a calculation we cant expect to get the rub of the green everytime
Can't believe this is still being discussed. Let's turn our attention to the game on Saturday. A bigger concern is playing with a weakened defence again .Wasn't that good before!

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Martyn":1ttn1g91 said:
But I can remember, a couple of penalties over the last couple of years , especially at the Devonport End, we were slightly fortunate to gat a penalty decision.

Bristol Rovers (H) was the best one. Songo'o barely touched, drops to the ground. Ref gives a pen. Carey blasts it in. Rovers fans try to riot. Bliss.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
1. The referee shouldn’t have awarded a penalty for that incident.
2. I think that, if we are honest, he should have awarded a penalty for the incident a couple of minutes earlier.
3. He shouldn’t have redressed the balance which is obviously what he did.
4. It WAS a penalty because the referee gave it and they scored from it.
5. Time to move on.

Oct 5, 2013
oldage":2i33hgzd said:
edengreen":2i33hgzd said:
Can't believe this is still being discussed. Let's turn our attention to the game on Saturday. A bigger concern is playing with a weakened defence again .Wasn't that good before!

Hello Oldage, do you remember when RL arrived he said that his playing style might well lead to conceding a fair few goals, but that the objective was to score more than we concede? For me that is exactly what we’re seeing, so I don’t agree that our defence “isn’t that good” as you put it.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Well I wouldn't have given it BUT it was a definite penalty. It comes down to one line in the Laws of the Game.

"In the opinion of the referee.... "

They have yet to change it to the opinion of Mike Jones, Ryan Lowe, The Green Army or indeed Lundan Cabbie. Until then we we must take decisions on the chin.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Lundan Cabbie":33y60det said:
Well I wouldn't have given it BUT it was a definite penalty. It comes down to one line in the Laws of the Game.

"In the opinion of the referee.... "

They have yet to change it to the opinion of Mike Jones, Ryan Lowe, The Green Army or indeed Lundan Cabbie. Until then we we must take decisions on the chin.

Well, he requires an appointment at Specsavers then. :)

Mar 22, 2020
Given the choice between the odd dodgy decision and VAR I'll just take that one and hopefully we'll get one soon to even it out.