Brief Synopsis (Sponsored by Bromleigh House) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brief Synopsis (Sponsored by Bromleigh House)

Dreamgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Well here is another two points dropped report. Also here is another game of two halves report.
First half we were so dominant, one nil was so flattering to a very poor Wigan side. However, the domination did not lead to our goal, it was a bad Wigan mistake which left Hardie with a one on one with the keeper which he took first time.
We had so many half chances, one after another which for different reasons did not produce a finishing goal.
The second half was, once again, role reversal. We dropped back thirty yards and Wigan were all over us with good chances of their own. They also had a goal disallowed. This became quite controversial as the ref and lino spent about three minutes discussing whether to give it or not. The feeling was that the ball had gone behind the by line before Wigan tapped it in. No -one seemed very sure though.
Very late in the game, when both sides were stretched, Argyle could have scored three. Mayor in particular had a reasonably open goal but hit the only defender who could have stopped it going in.
On comms, Steve Eyres was excellent, the best listen since Sparksy.
With regards to MoM, Fornah was very good first half but no so good in the second. Watts had a pretty good game. Frank did well when he came on as did Camera. I gave it to Fornah.
Ryan Lowe must be pulling his hair out ā€“ we should have been in clear blue water at half time. So frustrating.

cheshiregreen

āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
In a nutshell we miss too many good chances to score. We also give the opposition too many chances to score against us.

Needs addressing if we aren't going to have frustrating season.

Sloppy 2nd half for second game on trot. Not sure why?

Agree re Steve Eyre - perhaps we could employ him as a scout?

May 28, 2019
lost count how many times in the second half, trying to play it out from the back cost us by losing possession , or giving away a free kick because we lost possession, we play passes along our back 3 , then pass back to cooper who boots it long, frustrating! not that i want to play it long, as when we do ,cooper was booting it over noubles head for a throw in, first half looked good because wigan sat back , but when a team pushes up , we make so many mistakes, and look like panic stations set in, but a point is a point in the end!

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
I thought Mayor went missing 2and half, first half he pressed high but 2nd he dropped off
Thought reeves did well but until camara came on we did nowt 2and half
Cant understand the subs changing the front two when clearly we weren't serving the forwards although Nouble did well when he came on
Hardie scored but looks out of sorts and again Jephcott flattered

Larry David

āœ… Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Absolutely no idea why Panutche Camara didnā€™t start. We only regained control when he came on. Worryingly we seem to struggle to adapt when teams change things up at half time, thatā€™s something Lowe has to address.

Once Wigan quickened up pressing high up and taking throw ins and goal kicks with a bit of urgency we looked really poor. We miss Canavan.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i didn't think it could get worse than our second half capitulation against lincoln,it did today.wigan were there for the taking.i hope our management staff have a meeting with our players and instruct them to keep their composure,the disallowed goal was clearly not going to be given because it was obviously a goal kick.bitterly disappointed this evening. :furious:

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
edengreen":3r2tzymh said:
I thought Mayor went missing 2and half, first half he pressed high but 2nd he dropped off
Thought reeves did well but until camara came on we did nowt 2and half
Cant understand the subs changing the front two when clearly we weren't serving the forwards although Nouble did well when he came on
Hardie scored but looks out of sorts and again Jephcott flattered

I want both Jephcott and Cooper to be huge successes, but whilst Jephcott is good when involved, but goes anonymous far too much for me. And I'm a bit concerned with Coopers decision making from crosses.

Hopefully it's both just inexperience and they will learn, as there is a lot of raw talent for both.

Mayor did seem to vanish for a long time, as did Reeves. Nouble coming on almost worked... If he could have just seen the pass instead of the shot we'd have won.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
B+ first half
C- second half

C overall

Could of done a lot better

Sep 28, 2005
Tunbridge Wells
All the signs of too much travel & missing George Cooper and Canavan. Lacklustre in second half as a result, Too many games for us at the moment. Think that we are capable of much better than this.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
I really donā€™t like us.

Agreed we have a purple patch now and again but we never see any real power or control in a match.

Weā€™ve got players that can play, players that can attack and advance but we still falter so so easily so whatā€™s the point.

Itā€™s so sad to watch.

Itā€™s like a watching a boxer smash open an opponent for the first 6 rounds and then come out absolutely clueless to close it out,

Buck stops at Lowe and Schumacher

Tom Cobbley

Jam First
Aug 7, 2011
Oldham
We cant keep conceding the type of goals we do, Cooper might be a good shot stopper but he doesnt command the area. Why play out from the back if at the end we play it back to Cooper who just hoofs it forward, mostly out of touch. Having said that how many chances do we need, they defended well in the second half throwing themselves in front of the ball without the goalie having to make a save. 2 point dropped.

Aug 11, 2013
Had written off Edwards as not fitting into this team but he proved me wrong and I thought he was terrific today. Was my man of the match.

Young Cooper should do better for their goal. Hesitated between coming and staying. His distribution from feet over distance was also poor. Palmer would have meant 3 points today.

We seem to overplay it in the final third and Iā€™d prefer a bit more freedom for earlier shots and shots from distance. It feels like Lowe is too rigid in his preferred tactics in the final third and maybe he needs to give the players a bit more freedom.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game though but when you have 19 shots Away from home and only score once owing to a mistake then somethingā€™s not quite right .. Plenty to be positive about though.

Sep 6, 2006
Lesley Somerville":1v6snm1y said:
Agree about the commentator. He didn't waffle, was incisive and really added to my 'enjoyment' of the game

He certainly didnt rate Wigan though! Which is an indictment of our performance.