Home and Away form | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home and Away form

Jan 6, 2004
Bigger contrast than normal for Argyle in recent years. I do wonder if they miss the encouragement of the travelling green army more than the larger but often more sedate crowd at Home Park?

Sep 3, 2009
I think it's a bit early to tell. We've only played 4 league games away from home, with two of those against the sides sitting 1st and 2nd in the table. No coincidence those are our 2 defeats.

Our opposition at home - by comparison - has not yet been as strong.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Rush Goalie":16kx39oo said:
I think it's a bit early to tell. We've only played 4 league games away from home, with two of those against the sides sitting 1st and 2nd in the table. No coincidence those are our 2 defeats.

Our opposition at home - by comparison - has not yet been as strong.

That's a fun stat, that we have only lost away and to the top two in the league at this point and in both of those games we were certainly not completely outplayed and with a bit more luck could easily have come away with a point. More generally, it's very fair to say that we have more than adequately held our own in games since the return to League 1 - almost to a surprising extent. I was expecting last night's game against Doncaster, a team that I think of as well established above the midpoint of League 1, to be MUCH tougher, but really the only threat to Argyle not winning was a result of our own tailing off a bit in the second half. It bodes well for the rest of the season I think as Lowe and his management team seem to be pretty good at improving a team as a season progresses (at the cessation of last season we had hit a really purple patch of form after a fairly erratic start).

Mar 22, 2020
It's indeed very encouraging that we're clocking up the points whilst not always having to be at our best. Hopefully it's down to the we'll score more than you mentality, which is in stark contrast to the set up whilst we were last in this division. Our team was arguably better last time around but with the defensive set up we desperately struggled for points for long periods, regardless of the quality of the opposition, home or away. I think it's becoming clear as if we didn't know before, if you're brave a try to score goals you get more points. If you try to sit on a one goal lead it'll bite you on the #rse every time.