Fleetwood Town v Plymouth Argyle - the build up | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fleetwood Town v Plymouth Argyle - the build up

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013

Fleetwood Town
Official website
Twitter
Latest news

The Countdown to Fleetwood

Wednesday

Sam Barrott is the referee for the game, it's his first season in the EFL after progressing from the National League. So far this season he has issued 22 yellow cards and no reds in 10 games, this will be his first time officiating in an Argyle game.
He will be assisted on Saturday by Paul Newhouse and Richard Woodward while the fourth official is Ross Joyce.

Argyle have played at Fleetwood on just four occasions, winning one game, drawing one and losing two.

Fleetwood have won four of their last five league games and have lost just one game at home this season when AFC Wimbledon secured a narrow 1-0 win in September.

Sky Bet has placed Fleetwood as favourites to win with odds of 11/10, an Argyle win is ranked at 23/10 and the draw is also on offer at 23/10.

Thursday

Buy an iFollow match pass .... here.

Drew Savage and former Argyle midfielder David Norris are the commentators for the match.

Ryan Lowe looks ahead to the game .... club You Tube.

Ryan Lowe confirms Luke Jephcott and Byron Moore are fit and available for the game.

Fleetwood v Argyle Frequently Asked Questions .... club website.

Argyle are one of three League One clubs yet to win away this season, the others are Burton Albion and Swindon Town.

Friday

Fleetwood manager Joey Barton would like to see his team go on a winning run ... Fleetwood Today.

Match preview.

Joey Barton talks about the game ... Fleetwood club website.
They’ve built a good side there, I think Ryan has done a good job at Bury, getting them promoted before what happened there and then he headed to Plymouth and got them promoted at the first time of asking there.
“They have come into this division riding the crest of a wave. Seeing their game against Portsmouth on the telly the other night, they are no mugs, they were organised, well-coached and well drilled."
Saturday

Match preview ... Fleetwood club website.

Buy a iFollow match pass ... here.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Joey Barton saw the game v Pompey, so makes me assume that he’s not seen Jephcott play. Hope Luke starts and scores given Barton might not have any information on him..

Also Byron Moore is back and will probably play some part in our match against Fleetwood who Barton might not have seen play..

Jun 27, 2019
JannerinCardiff":3pi3i5ov said:
Joey Barton saw the game v Pompey, so makes me assume that he’s not seen Jephcott play. Hope Luke starts and scores given Barton might not have any information on him..

Also Byron Moore is back and will probably play some part in our match against Fleetwood who Barton might not have seen play..

He'll have watched our other games, though. Don't worry, he'll know all about Jephcott.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Going forward it will be interesting to see how much influence the 4th and 5th subs have on games, today the winning manager could be decided on how he uses all five subs.

Nov 9, 2008
JannerinCardiff":1txwuduo said:

Managers at this level are very unlikely to just watch one game when preparing. I’m sure he’s seen plenty of both players.

May 8, 2011
mde203":8ei0k9fh said:
JannerinCardiff":8ei0k9fh said:

Managers at this level are very unlikely to just watch one game when preparing. I’m sure he’s seen plenty of both players.

Football Clubs have access to watch all matches live or recorded in addition they will be signed up to a data service that provides video clips and analysis of individual players and set pieces used and defended against plus lots more data on teams and players.

I also suspect Fleetwood have been analysing our away games more than our home performances.

Dec 3, 2005
Shame Dave 'Chuck' Norris is sat in the commentary box, think we could do with a player like him on the pitch.

Dec 20, 2011
Remember it works both ways.
Ryan Lowe went to Fleetwood a couple of weeks ago to watch them. So he will have some idea of the way they play and who to keep an eye on.

Jul 12, 2016
falmouthgreen":4err06ct said:
Ryan Lowe went to Fleetwood a couple of weeks ago to watch them. So he will have some idea of the way they play and who to keep an eye on.
Should he have done that during lockdown? :think:

oldage":baiwx3ab said:
falmouthgreen":baiwx3ab said:
Should he have done that during lockdown? :think:

Presumably, as the match wasn't taking place in his back garden, he couldn't work from home on this one. ;) And there'll doubtless be off the ball stuff going on he'll have picked up on that the video clips won't have got.

Feb 8, 2005
I expect Fleetwood's experience to come out on top, especially with the extra two substitutions available, but then, what do I know?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Heart says a draw, head says a one goal defeat but looking on the bright side we are due an away win.