Brief synopsis | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brief synopsis

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
that defeat hurt very much.my main point is that ryan and his coaching staff blame themselves for this hammering.they chose the wrong players today.

Tom Cobbley

Jam First
Aug 7, 2011
Oldham
Without further heightening my blood pressure and wrecking my ""$%%&! buttons on the laptop I decline to comment on the game.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Lowe is a good manager and good managers adapt.
The step up to League One will see Lowe come uo against good and better managers who tactically adapt their game depending on the opposition.

We have one way of playing with one formation with the slight tinker of Mayor sometimes playing central behind the strikers. That's it! In short, we are easy to play against, the opposition know what's coming.
It's great when it works for us, it's exciting and entertaining but occasionally it goes horribly wrong and like today Lowe had no answer.

Basically the opposition just need to press us, stop our wing backs, force mistakes and it's game over.

The challenge for Lowe is to accept the gung-ho tactics will not always work and to have a back-up plan, either before games or during games. Is he too proud to change?

That said, a mid-table finish is just fine.

Oct 20, 2015
That was a disgrace. I gave up watching at half time and went and washed the car instead. Then came in at 85 min to see Canavan get sent off. I suppose we all have our off days but it was painful to witness. 2 down inside 6 minutes.

Fleetwood had worked out our play and set up to counter it very effectively. The problem is I don't think we have an alternative style in the bank for when things get tricky.

Any other L1 managers watching the highlights tonight will know exactly how to play us in the future, which is a huge worry. I just hope RL and the squad learn from this and evolve a new formation and strategy to combat the high press.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Tried playing a home tactic against an home side.

Lowe needs to do more homework on the opposition and towards a solution for when they work us out so so easily.

This 3-1-4-2 formation is really peeing me off right now.

Our fullbacks aren’t good enough, our midfield are too lightweight and our strikers are too isoloated.

4-1-4-1 or 4-4-1-1

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":7nwi0t6y said:
Lowe is a good manager and good managers adapt.
The step up to League One will see Lowe come uo against good and better managers who tactically adapt their game depending on the opposition.

We have one way of playing with one formation with the slight tinker of Mayor sometimes playing central behind the strikers. That's it! In short, we are easy to play against, the opposition know what's coming.
It's great when it works for us, it's exciting and entertaining but occasionally it goes horribly wrong and like today Lowe had no answer.

Basically the opposition just need to press us, stop our wing backs, force mistakes and it's game over.

The challenge for Lowe is to accept the gung-ho tactics will not always work and to have a back-up plan, either before games or during games. Is he too proud to change?

That said, a mid-table finish is just fine.

You say he's a good manager but then say we only have one way of playing.... He has shown very little tactical flexibility or ability to change things when its not working out. Seems to have decent budget too. So not sure how you justify that comment.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
A combination of a team that looked ten times more up for it and energised than us (always unacceptable) and, in keeping with the season, terrible, unprofessional individual errors. I mean really the kind of error you'd be p1ssed at if your 5 a side team made them. Moore needs to be shown that clearance over and over, totally unacceptable.

Fleetwood didn't mind hitting their strikers quickly with longer passing... But when we tried that, unfortunately our strikers, particularly Nouble and Telford for the first 45 minutes coughed up possession so easily. They were both awful, weak (Telford) or sloppy in control (Nouble) when we needed them to just buy us some yards.

Much against the purist in me, against teams with the aggression and energy that Fleetwood had Argyle need to try messing the game up for 15/20 mins. Kick it away, pull shirts, roll around when you get clumped (like Telford could have done to buy time when their fella was booked), whinge at the ref, throw water bottles back off the hoardings so they roll onto the pitch.

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
I thought is was diabolical Lowe subbing Camara after 10 minutes, unless there was a problem which I didn’t notice. Camara has been outstanding, and what this will do for his confidence I do not know. Likewise Aimson was no worse than anybody else, and he was not very happy being subbed before HT. I think Lowe panicked. When was the last time Argyle used 5 subs after only 45 mins. It was an all round disaster today, and not only by the players.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
I mat have been tempted to take Camara off after 7 minutes. He was more than half asleep all 7 minutes.
I do hope he is ok (or fit) or both.

Nov 9, 2008
Today was awful across the board.

However, we're sat in the top half of the league and have played well for much of the season. Today is the first really poor league performance this year.

Yes it needs to be addressed because it wasn't acceptable, but let's see it in the context of a very successful start to the season and not get too carried away with the negativity.

Jun 27, 2019
Losing games is fine, it happens, particularly when you're a promoted club adapting to a new level.

Losing games like that, however, is never acceptable. Management and players should be ashamed of themselves, and thank themselves lucky the Green Army wasn't in attendance to tell them what they thought of the amateurish sh1te they served up today.

Much better on Tuesday please.

Aug 15, 2015
Warning signs have been there for a while, including in some home games. Switching off and not really competing. Letting the game happen to us. Fleetwood blocked Moore & Edwards from getting past the halfway line with the ball and kept us camped back deep. Midfield three were shocking, didn't compete and just hid. Telford and Nouble were really lacking in any support to be able to really contribute and were bullied off of it due to being so isolated.

Need to get some tougher players in there, the likes that were in Fleetwood's team. Across their whole team from back to front, they were tough, aggressive, quick and they played quick football on the deck. All this tippy tappy stuff that we have with Mayor and through the midfield in general, is very one-dimensional. It's either that or an Aimson 'launch a rocket into space' pass.

Nov 11, 2020
Likewise, I was disappointed to see Camara subbed unless injured. It seems Lowe is punishing certain players immediately after mistakes. Forna and Hardie v Pompey and today Camara and Aimson. On plus side we’ve only lost 3 and if we win Tuesday anyone would take 3 points from two tough consecutive away games. A big IF I hasten to add!

Sep 2, 2008
We started off far too casually. Straight from the kick off you could see that Fleetwood were up for the game whereas we were still telling ourselves that we're a really good team and can play as casually as we like because we always have more possession and more shots on target than the opposition. Well, welcome to your wake up call lads. You're not that good after all. You were dire. Second best all over the park. Lowe will probably come out and say that we just need to cut out the individual mistakes and we'll learn from that but it seems to me that he says that pretty much all the time we concede and yet we still made the same mistakes. We obviously don't learn at all. Fleetwood made us look like a Sunday team. Barton had them organised and more importantly focussed on the game. We were exactly the opposite. I imagine Camara was subbed because his head had gone. He was too busy beating himself up for trying to be too clever. I'm thinking Okopu was subbed because his head was gone as well. All he seemed to be doing was gobbing off to everyone around him and not concentrating on the job he's paid to do. All in all it was a bleddy nightmare. Lowe needs to tear them a new one but I'm pretty sure he wont. Can't be nasty to the lads.