Plan B? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plan B?

Sep 6, 2006
So how does Lowe change things when Plan A isn't working? We do try the longer ball sometimes but we don't have players up front who can make it stick. Ryan Taylor leaving was a big mistake. We also don't appear to have too many Midfielders who can win a tackle and drive us forward. They can play a nice pass occasionally but then go missing e.g. Grant, Reeves. So we can't play it through Midfield either. Mayor is the only outlet. Seems to me that Lowe has backed himself in to a corner. Bought players to suit his system and can't change it even if he wanted to.

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
It has become clear that there is no plan b .This is a big mistake . I still think that Ryan Lowe has the makings of a very good manager but he needs to admit his short comings Please do not stick with things that do not work , one or two of his signings are not good enough to play league football . Better to play young players of our own than persevere with players that are a constant liability.

Jul 12, 2016
We need more experienced "harder"players. When the going gets tough this lot disappear.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Balham_Green":21noqbgx said:
So how does Lowe change things when Plan A isn't working? We do try the longer ball sometimes but we don't have players up front who can make it stick. Ryan Taylor leaving was a big mistake. We also don't appear to have too many Midfielders who can win a tackle and drive us forward. They can play a nice pass occasionally but then go missing e.g. Grant, Reeves. So we can't play it through Midfield either. Mayor is the only outlet. Seems to me that Lowe has backed himself in to a corner. Bought players to suit his system and can't change it even if he wanted to.
ryan taylor was very often injured.luke jephcott makes it stick up front as he did today.he and hardie will start on tuesday.

Sep 6, 2006
Steve Evans":3lyn1e5e said:
Balham_Green":3lyn1e5e said:
ryan taylor was very often injured.luke jephcott makes it stick up front as he did today.he and hardie will start on tuesday.

Jephcott and Nouble for me.

Sep 6, 2006
Graham Evans":1sgw6zl6 said:
It has become clear that there is no plan b .This is a big mistake . I still think that Ryan Lowe has the makings of a very good manager but he needs to admit his short comings Please do not stick with things that do not work , one or two of his signings are not good enough to play league football . Better to play young players of our own than persevere with players that are a constant liability.

But we don't have the players for a Plan B Graham.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Balham_Green":3mzg9ivi said:
Maybe not. I don't think he's featured for Newport since going off injured at the end of September or early October.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
If we had 2 commanding, able and competent centre backs then maybe we wouldn’t need 3 average CB’s and 2 poor wingbacks.

Aimson, Wootton and Canavan are L2 standard.

Plan B has to include a flat back 4 to get us control in midfield

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Plan B for away games is ..... Let us pray.........

Oct 5, 2013
Don’t really agree that a plan B is required, because RL’s style includes several other plans within it, and he already frequently changes our shape and personnel during matches. This style is capable of beating anyone in the league because when the players are performing, the passing-out-from the-back style is highly unpredictable and difficult to handle, hence the reason we have in general “outplayed” teams this season. The point is that the players didn’t perform yesterday, the manager got a few things wrong too, and Fleetwood were very good.
Perfection is something to aim at, not something that can just be switched on when you want to.

May 8, 2011
philevs":3et4mb9g said:
Don’t really agree that a plan B is required, because RL’s style includes several other plans within it, and he already frequently changes our shape and personnel during matches. This style is capable of beating anyone in the league because when the players are performing, the passing-out-from the-back style is highly unpredictable and difficult to handle, hence the reason we have in general “outplayed” teams this season. The point is that the players didn’t perform yesterday, the manager got a few things wrong too, and Fleetwood were very good.
Perfection is something to aim at, not something that can just be switched on when you want to.

So did Fleetwood not play the formation and style that Argyle had expected and prepared for and if so why weren’t Argyle able to change tactically during the game to counter it?

Jul 12, 2016
philevs":36hrp6en said:
We have not outplayed teams but have had greater possession.
Not hard to achieve when you spend most of the match passing sideways and backwards in your own half.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
I know it's very unlikely, but 4-2-3-1 would at least be worth a try;

GK M.Cooper
RB Edwards
CB Aimson
CB Opoku
LB Watts
DM Fornah
DM Grant
RM Hardie/Nouble
AM Mayor
LM G.Cooper
CF Jephcott

Watts is decent on the ball, we wouldn't be caught out so often defensively in wide areas, there are 2 immediate outlets for the defence to play into, George Cooper can finally play in his natural position, Mayor can finally play the number 10 role he seems born for, Hardie or Nouble using their pace/brawn to support the lone striker, Jephcott getting better and better at hold-up play, and obviously looking lethal in the 6 yard box.
Lowe talks about playing through the thirds but even before yesterday I was thinking this is happening less and less, with Aimson and Watts often forced to lump it because they are under pressure and there is no-one close to them to pass to.
Just a thought, but will it ever happen under Lowe?

Oct 5, 2013
RKB":10iyjknu said:
I know it's very unlikely, but 4-2-3-1 would at least be worth a try;

GK M.Cooper
RB Edwards
CB Aimson
CB Opoku
LB Watts
DM Fornah
DM Grant
RM Hardie/Nouble
AM Mayor
LM G.Cooper
CF Jephcott

Watts is decent on the ball, we wouldn't be caught out so often defensively in wide areas, there are 2 immediate outlets for the defence to play into, George Cooper can finally play in his natural position, Mayor can finally play the number 10 role he seems born for, Hardie or Nouble using their pace/brawn to support the lone striker, Jephcott getting better and better at hold-up play, and obviously looking lethal in the 6 yard box.
Lowe talks about playing through the thirds but even before yesterday I was thinking this is happening less and less, with Aimson and Watts often forced to lump it because they are under pressure and there is no-one close to them to pass to.
Just a thought, but will it ever happen under Lowe?

I like this idea! Think you have a very good suggestion here.