Stupid Argyle? (re Michael Cooper loan) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Stupid Argyle? (re Michael Cooper loan)

Feb 4, 2020
Someone earlier touched on Michael Cooper..
I never understood in past couple years why we not lend him out to other League 2 or non league team..would hv done him world of good.
Now we got.. what was always gonna be.. Confidence problem at some point

His devopment been mishandled tbh.

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
He is having a hard time , that is true ,but todays debacle was not his fault . Some of our players are not of the required standard to play at this level. Blame the man who picked him for the problem.

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Easy to blame the keeper. Defense is not just the man in yellow.. the 3 in front have to protect him.. thars their job they failed miserably today!

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
I love Argyle fans. He came from our development squad, he must be cr@p.

Not the best game of his short career yesterday, but the result was hardly his fault. He made some great saves to keep the score down.

Yesterday was complete nativity from Lowe in team selection and complacency/inexperience of our midfield.

It happened. Move on.

Well done Argyle for establishing a youth system.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Tony_Flags":1ydm3oc8 said:
Yesterday was complete nativity from Lowe in team selection and complacency/inexperience of our midfield..

I agree, not many wise men in our defence yesterday and all of them bearing gifts for the opposition.

Oct 5, 2013
I think Mike Cooper will be disappointed that he didn’t stop their second goal, and perhaps also their third. That apart, I thought he had a good game with a couple of great saves, and good general handling; his distribution couldn’t really be any good because our play was more or less totally stifled by Fleetwood, and the usual patterns were almost non-existent.
Obviously when a keeper makes a mistake it looks all the worse than when an outfield player fluffs something.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
philevs":kq64649d said:
I think Mike Cooper will be disappointed that he didn’t stop their second goal, and perhaps also their third. That apart, I thought he had a good game with a couple of great saves, and good general handling; his distribution couldn’t really be any good because our play was more or less totally stifled by Fleetwood, and the usual patterns were almost non-existent.
Obviously when a keeper makes a mistake it looks all the worse than when an outfield player fluffs something.

Agree. I think we can't overlook the fact that Fleetwood played very well (a side that narrowly lost out on promotion last season). High, quick, stifling press and some neat football at times. Gifting them 2 goals in 7 mins and it was always going to be difficult. We never really recovered. I saw a lot of players slipping yesterday as well which also didn't help! We were very poor! A massive wake up call!

Aug 14, 2014
In 1968 I was at Goodison to see Everton score 7 against Leicester City who had 19 years old Peter Shilton in goal. Look at what he went on to achieve after 1968.

Oct 1, 2013
Rule of football coaching is that you never blame the keeper... especially one who's 20 years old and in his breakthrough season.

He will be disappointed in the 2nd goal conceeded but there wasnt a lot else he could do with the other 4.

Defensively we looked all over the place, exposed again by pace, not dealing with crosses and giving the ball or fouls away in dangerous areas.

Jul 12, 2016
He is our first choice keeper.He will make mistakes but he will learn.What about the rest of the team? I cannot recall a more error prone side than we have at the moment.

Aug 5, 2016
Andy Maidenhead":1uiqjhou said:
Someone earlier touched on Michael Cooper..
I never understood in past couple years why we not lend him out to other League 2 or non league team..would hv done him world of good.
Now we got.. what was always gonna be.. Confidence problem at some point

His devopment been mishandled tbh.

Battered all over the pitch in every department.

But lets blame our young goalkeeper playing in a position by himself.

Cooper made some good saves which stopped it being even more of a debacle by the way.

May 22, 2006
philevs":2vvav5eh said:

Also agree. Thought the first took a deflection, second Cooper should have gathered. Third looked well offside. Fourth was crass defending from a set piece and fifth Byron Moore could not have teed up better.
Cooper made a couple of good saves. Luke has let in a couple of really soft goals in his appearances, so Cooper is easily our best option at the moment and shouldn’t be too downhearted by his contribution.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
We all said that we’d be prepared for him to make mistakes in his first season as number one, so when he does make mistakes (and haven’t been that many, or any big ones) what is the point in digging him out?

I think he’s doing great and this is the perfect season to introduce him. Barring a collapse or losing the manager/best players, we’re not going to be close to relegation.

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
Young players are inconsistent, that's just a fact. If Lowe has decided he's No.1 then he should stick with him. His bigger headache is who to play in defence in Tuesday.