Next up Peterborough | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Next up Peterborough

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
We move on to Tuesday and Darren Ferguson's Peterborough, who are also licking their wounds after having had back to back defeats. What with our capitulation yesterday and the fact that Ryan Lowe as a manager hasn't lost two games in a row, this match takes on a fascinating encounter for both managers, teams and supporters.
I would like to think that yesterday's poor team performance at Fleetwood was a one-off, but we shall see!

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Be interested to see the look of the starting eleven.

Will Camara be starting? He will have fresh legs but how will he have reacted to his very early removal?

Aimson, another withdrawn early, perhaps harshly, will be another whose mental outlook for Tuesday needs to be gauged before the long trip.

As most of team did not even reach a 4/10 performance will there be a number of changes or do we see majority told to get out there and put it right?

Limited time to make these decisions and a big call for the manager who may have to prove how good his management skills are to bounce back from that debacle and the fallout from it.

Oct 5, 2013
I’d take a draw, suspect same applies to Posh.
Lots of our players have a point to prove.
Would love to see George Cooper start, certainly he and Mayor looked better on left last week than Moore and Mayor did yesterday.
Jephcott and Hardie to start up front too.
Camara to also start.

May 22, 2006
All of the sixteen players who featured at Fleetwood have something to prove, as will George Cooper against his old club.

The midfield was particularly non existent on Saturday and we need somebody to impose themselves there. Not too many candidates in the squad. Maybe Fornah, or Camara will need to shine. Hopefully Camara can recover after his last performance. We need him to but Posh will be tough opposition. Suspect Mayor will miss the game and a rest would probably do him good.

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
philevs":102h5gfa said:
Would love to see George Cooper start, certainly he and Mayor looked better on left last week than Moore and Mayor did yesterday.
Camara to also start.
Yes, as long as his confidence is ok get Camara back in the side. Hopefully yesterday was a blip.
Putting the performance to one side its interesting how Fleetwood with a home ground capacity of around 5500 can finance and sustain a squad of players that Barton has assembled?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
pastiesforlife":e124j3dm said:
All of the sixteen players who featured at Fleetwood have something to prove, as will George Cooper against his old club.

The midfield was particularly non existent on Saturday and we need somebody to impose themselves there. Not too many candidates in the squad. Maybe Fornah, or Camara will need to shine. Hopefully Camara can recover after his last performance. We need him to but Posh will be tough opposition. Suspect Mayor will miss the game and a rest would probably do him good.

Maybe McLeod will return?

He was automatic choice early games of the season. Think he has been training for last week or so after the COVID interruption he had in his recovery.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
You have to be very careful as a manager doing that - subbing people so early. Camara is young enough to learn but Aimson - who was doing not better or worse than anyone else and has had to fight his way back - is a seasoned pro and won’t be so easily pleased. I hope the boss knows what he’s going and didn’t act too rashly.

Oct 5, 2013
Tony Pastyman":2i3032mg said:
philevs":2i3032mg said:
Camara to also start.
Yes, as long as his confidence is ok get Camara back in the side. Hopefully yesterday was a blip.
Putting the performance to one side its interesting how Fleetwood with a home ground capacity of around 5500 can finance and sustain a squad of players that Barton has assembled?

Yes I was wondering that too.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
On your point FoDG, Lowe said he removed Aimson to improve quality of balls towards Nouble.

Strange choice at time in my view at 2-0 down to withdraw your most experienced defender. But if it was to improve our passing and not defending then even stranger. Especially when another defender got subbed at half time.

We have been playing with an inexperienced back line for a while but got caught out yesterday as Fleetwood exploited weaknesses in our set-up.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
If Mayor is fit I'd go for ...

McCormick

Aimson, Opoku, Watts

Edwards, Camara, Grant, Moore.

......... Mayor

Jephcott, Hardie.

Lowe sometimes plays Mayor in a central position behind the two strikers so I would go for this with Camara and Grant sitting deep just to make us more solid in midfield.

Jul 12, 2016
Forest of Dean Green":2ztodeg0 said:
You have to be very careful as a manager doing that - subbing people so early. Camara is young enough to learn but Aimson - who was doing not better or worse than anyone else and has had to fight his way back - is a seasoned pro and won’t be so easily pleased. I hope the boss knows what he’s going and didn’t act too rashly.

If professional players cannot accept being subbed early in a game then tough. It is a wake up call.
RL is the manager and rightly or wrongly decided they were not up to the job in hand. Instead of not being happy both should now step up to the mark so that it doesn't happen again.
There are far too many prima donnas even in the lower leagues who need to understand they are privileged to get well paid to play football.If they aren't performing then sub them.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
philevs":3rtcv8ew said:
Tony Pastyman":3rtcv8ew said:
philevs":3rtcv8ew said:
Camara to also start.

Fleetwood Town are effectively a subsidiary of BES Utilities - an energy company - and Andy Pillar, the owner, drives a whole fleet of horses and carriages through the financial fair play regulations. BES own the ground and their main offices are in the Grandstand.

Andy Pillar threatened to pull out of Fleetwood Town if the Conservative hadn't won the last election and actively encouraged all of his employees to vote for them.

As the main sponsor of Fleetwood Town, it enables BES to pump limitless funds into the club. That is how they can pay the sort of salary that Barton wants and how they can out-bid most clubs at our level for any free agents.

The fact that even when the crowds return, they will struggle to get 3500 fans in the ground is irrelevant because BES will cover all their losses by clever accountancy.

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
demportdave":2v3lz1yi said:
philevs":2v3lz1yi said:
Tony Pastyman":2v3lz1yi said:
philevs":2v3lz1yi said:
Camara to also start.

Fleetwood Town are effectively a subsidiary of BES Utilities - an energy company - and Andy Pillar, the owner, drives a whole fleet of horses and carriages through the financial fair play regulations. BES own the ground and their main offices are in the Grandstand.

Andy Pillar threatened to pull out of Fleetwood Town if the Conservative hadn't won the last election and actively encouraged all of his employees to vote for them.

As the main sponsor of Fleetwood Town, it enables BES to pump limitless funds into the club. That is how they can pay the sort of salary that Barton wants and how they can out-bid most clubs at our level for any free agents.

The fact that even when the crowds return, they will struggle to get 3500 fans in the ground is irrelevant because BES will cover all their losses by clever accountancy.
Thanks for that, absolute joke, will be interesting if Mr Pillar's philosophy will succeed considering their location and the number of clubs in and around that part of the world!

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
PL2 3DQ":1zynzeb5 said:
If Mayor is fit I'd go for ...

McCormick

Aimson, Opoku, Watts

Edwards, Camara, Grant, Moore.

......... Mayor

Jephcott, Hardie.

Lowe sometimes plays Mayor in a central position behind the two strikers so I would go for this with Camara and Grant sitting deep just to make us more solid in midfield.

There's no way I'd drop Cooper. He made a couple of mistakes on Saturday but by no means was he that bad.Taking him out of the team after one slightly below par personal performance when the overall team performance was woeful would not be the right thing to do, either for the team or for Coops.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Good luck to Fleetwood I say. If they can compete through smart accounting then why shouldn’t they? If they are fiddling, they will be found out eventually and punished. There’s an irony to envious comments about ‘little clubs’ like Salford and Fleetwood, when compared to some of the chip on shoulder stuff I read on here during the Portsmouth match.