Help with a memory of Carey. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Help with a memory of Carey.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
I loved this goal Graham Carey scored at Home Park, I think it was in his early days with us and maybe against Mansfield, anyway I'll describe it as best I can.

He chases the pass from an opposing player from Lyndhurst towards the Grandstand, receiving player knocks it back towards Lyndhurst and Carey continues the chase. He wins the ball heads towards the Devonport and scores.

Anyone able to shine a light on this for me?

Cheers :thumbs:

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
I did get the chance to ask Graham what he considered to the best goal he scored for Argyle - he said it was the goal v. Millwall in the Johnston's Paint Trophy in 2015 when we lost 5-3. It is shown at around 1.12 on the YouTube show reel. It was my favourite goal too. what a remarkable player he was for us!

C

Cult Of Personality

Carey in a Ryan Lowe setup would of been unreal. He would of torn the league's up even more then he did .

Same with Lamieres and Ladapo

May 5, 2020
Didn't see that one, but he scored a goal the day before New year's Eve in 2017 at Bloomfield road, which was just astonishing...

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I saw both the goals talked about, the Millwall goal was truly incredible by the power he hit it and how it still bulged the net (in my memory) but the Blackpool goal was the best live goal I've ever seen. The video does it no justice (which I did say at the time would be the case) it was an incredible goal it really was. Even the Blackpool people around us applauded it, I did hear one of the Directors say 'Jesus what a goal' It was that good.

Cdp

Oct 18, 2014
Wrexham
Carey was absolutely on a different level to most players he was class. Just a shame we never got the chance to see him and mayor in same team

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Cdp82":3ho67nzh said:
Carey was absolutely on a different level to most players he was class. Just a shame we never got the chance to see him and mayor in same team
Yeah, true. To be honest, I don't really see them in the same light though. I'd put Carey in an All Time Argyle XI, Danny Mayor's nowhere near at the moment!

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Dreamgreen":1mup9y0d said:
OMG. That video makes me realise I miss him even more than I thought I did :sad:

Yes, it’s horrible to watch isn’t it. Just imagine what he would do in the current attacking line-up. Mayor on the left and Carey on the right both cutting in on to their stronger foot.

Mar 8, 2016
One of the best ever players to pull on the green shirt Since I’ve been an argyle fan. He’d walk into the starting 11 in this team, wearing the captains armband!