What would be the worst... (3rd round draw) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

What would be the worst... (3rd round draw)

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Draw in the 3rd round?

With the third round bringing in the big guns but without fans, which club would be the best draw but also for the reason we can’t go the worst?

Jul 24, 2009
Manchester United away would be a massive shame. Would have been a very very decent pay day under normal circumstances... the ground I would like to see us play at in a normal year would be Spurs new ground so one of those two.

May 8, 2011
The manager wants a big team away for the fans!

So what we want is a good day out, for our fans, for the players and staff, and the football club
“It would be nice if we could get a day out at Anfield, or Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge – any of the Premier League teams – because I feel we deserve it.”

Aug 5, 2016
HC Green":zsubix9d said:
The manager wants a big team away for the fans!

So what we want is a good day out, for our fans, for the players and staff, and the football club
“It would be nice if we could get a day out at Anfield, or Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge – any of the Premier League teams – because I feel we deserve it.”

Even though I can’t go to the game I am still desperate for Argyle to get a big draw.

Imagine watching Argyle beat a decent strength Prem team and making headlines.

Gutted to not be there but I will still be streaming and supporting.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Sunderland away and another trip there again on a Tuesday night as out league game would be postponed.

May 22, 2006
So far we have been drawn against two other sides in L1, both above us.
That leaves Hull, Blackpool, Doncaster or Portsmouth. (Sunderland lost to Mansfield in last round).

Away to Doncaster (or Carlisle ) would be the least glamorous.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
We have so far made approximately £42000 and the winners of the 3rd round get £82000, so for me I want the easiest tie and at HP for a good shot at reaching round 4. As we are unlikely to win the thing then the 4th round will do for a big club. Fill the coffers first and then go for glory.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
justanotherfan":3ppm3t6u said:
We have so far made approximately £42000 and the winners of the 3rd round get £82000, so for me I want the easiest tie and at HP for a good shot at reaching round 4. As we are unlikely to win the thing then the 4th round will do for a big club. Fill the coffers first and then go for glory.
As you say, win the 3rd round and it's £82k and a chance to win £90k by winning the 4th round.
Draw a big club in round 3, be on the TV and possibly get knocked out and it's £142k.
Let's hope for a minnow and a chance to progress. The big clubs and TV can come later. :)

Dec 3, 2005
What will be the plan IF Argyle draw at HOME?

With possibly a limit of 2,000 (hopefully higher), Season Tickets do not cover FA Cup games, although ST holders usually take first bids on Cup games. But in these weird times, how will it work? I assume Argyle will have a plan for this outcome. :scarf:

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Rarely do I return to my own op to clarify my intended meaning, but in this case I think so many have misread the intent.

It’s not about the worst draw we could have but in the circumstances the worst.

The 3rd round with the chance to visit a big club, as we did at Anfield is maybe the only chance to go as fans of Argyle and for many it would be the only chance to visit these stadia. It’s with that in mind, and the once in a lifetime opportunity to cheer Argyle on at Manchester United or Tottenham that I ask.

For me, it would be Spurs.

May 22, 2006
Spurs are the only team that I cannot remember playing in my lifetime. We have played Liverpool, Arsenal and Everton in the cup; Man Utd, Man City, and Chelsea in league and cups.

We played Spurs in the Gazza friendly but are they the team we have not played in a competitive game for the longest?

Jul 14, 2008
pastiesforlife":21ds0ahv said:
Spurs are the only team that I cannot remember playing in my lifetime. We have played Liverpool, Arsenal and Everton in the cup; Man Utd, Man City, and Chelsea in league and cups.

We played Spurs in the Gazza friendly but are they the team we have not played in a competitive game for the longest?
Looking at GoS it seems that’s probably correct. We last played Spurs in 1962, the last game against Manchester United was 1974. Apart from that we seem to have last played some of the other big teams like Villa and Manchester City on the late 80s.

On a separate note I find it surprising that GoS includes the games against u21 teams in the Checkatrade trophy as part of the overall record against that club. So for Chelsea, the record suggests we have played them 22 times, but that includes the 3 games we have played recently against their u21s. In my view they should be listed as separate opposition as Chelsea u21s are not Chelsea.