What's your worst ever Argyle performance? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

What's your worst ever Argyle performance?

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
We're playing some great stuff at the moment, but last week's performance at Fleetwood got me thinking. What's the worst Argyle performance you can remember?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Away to Watford April 2010. It was only a 1-0 defeat but the performances of Damien Johnson and especially Bradley Wright-Phillips amongst others were an absolute disgrace.

Closely followed by the 2-0 defeat away to Oxford United in October 2018. Something wasn't right that day and the fans let the players know.
Bizarrely Derek Adams sat in the dug out on his own after the final whistle for a good 10 minutes and it seemed he would no longer be Argyle manager the next day.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Watching us get relegated by Exeter in 2011. Just didn’t turn up. Had to sit in their main stand in amongst all the chortling City fans. Over my forty five plus years watching Argyle, I’ve seen more defeats against them than victories, but that was the worst.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You saw game that I didn't then.

City have never relegated us.

Aug 17, 2005
At home to Watford April 1990. Had been travelling around the world for three months and David Kemp had been appointed in place of Brown. It was turgid to watch it and I said I wasnt going to oay to watch that when I could watch better watching the kids playing local football. Start of the following season I was there after being assured he was playing that way to keep us up. Might not like his football but he has earnt a living out of it.

Bernie Bernbaum

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 29, 2015
Home and away defeats to Alan Ball's Exeter 1992-93. 0-2 and 0-3. The home defeat is the only Argyle game I left ridiculously early, couldn't take anymore.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
L G":2z6fofeb said:
Wembley 2016. :facepalm:

We were poor, but it was far from the worst performance we've had, it was a fairly even game, Wimbledon weren't a great deal better than us. I think we just remember it being worse than it was because we were at Wembley.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
York 2 Argyle 0, under Sheridan, we were horrifically bad and it was such an anticlimax considering we'd beaten Exeter a couple of days before. York were also on some ridiculous losing streak at home prior to the game.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That Oxford 0-2 with Mackie and Nelson scoring was one of the worst I've seen. Oxford were so so poor that day and yet they beat us. 'You're not fit to wear he shirt was sung that day, I can remember that.

0-5 at Trumpton v The Gas was also dire as was the Stanley game which effectively relegated a side that should have been nowhere near relegation. I will detest Ladapo from that day on because it. :furious:

The 0-7 at Brentford (12-1 on aggregate) wasn't for the feint hearted either.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
IJN":3ef5cu79 said:
That Oxford 0-2 with Mackie and Nelson scoring was one of the worst I've seen. Oxford were so so poor that day and yet they beat us. 'You're not fit to wear he shirt was sung that day, I can remember that.

0-5 at Trumpton v The Gas was also dire as was the Stanley game which effectively relegated a side that should have been nowhere near relegation. I will detest Ladapo from that day on because it. :furious:

The 0-7 at Brentford (12-1 on aggregate) wasn't for the feint hearted either.

It's still just inexplicable that a side including Graham Carey, Ruben Lameiras, David Fox, Antoni Sarcevic, Freddie Ladapo etc were relegated in such a pitiful manner.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Cobi Budge":3gzdvg2q said:
L G":3gzdvg2q said:
Wembley 2016. :facepalm:

We were poor, but it was far from the worst performance we've had, it was a fairly even game, Wimbledon weren't a great deal better than us. I think we just remember it being worse than it was because we were at Wembley.
I've seen some really sh**e performances since I started going in the mid 80's Cobi.
Perhaps fortunately those were my drinking days and so I easily 'forgot' or erased them from my memory.
Wembley was day 97 of me being sober. I was willing to celebrate on the way home, no worries at all. Instead I ate sweets and chocolate and managed to get to well over 1000 days sober.
Last year's performance "up the road" was another stinker that's just come to mind.
I'm going to stop and think about something different now, this is an inhealthy road to go down at the moment. :facepalm:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Paul just think, the curtailment of the league prevented us from winning the aggregate score 5-4. :scarf:

It's a 'known fact' if you couldn't fulfil the return fixture, the single score simply didn't happen,