What was the game you missed? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

What was the game you missed?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Seeing we're in a reflective mood, what was the game you kick yourself you didn't go to.

As an example I phoned Dunlop one day to see if he fancied a lift up to Accrington Stanley when we were really really poo.

Mike's exact words were 'No I'll give it a miss Ian, the Mrs has been on at me about finishing the new kitchen, and we'll probably lose badly anyway"

When our fourth went in I had to call him. :lol: (We won 4-0).

What was your big miss?

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
IJN":11d9ospd said:

I’d stopped going to the matches in 1990 when I was at college and had to start paying adult rate, simply couldn’t afford it. I read the Herald and kept an eye out on the scores. I listened on the radio and wished I was there. I started going back when Hodges was in charge, before anyone decides that I’m a glory hunter!

Caribou

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jan 4, 2011
Gloucestershire
Not a game, but a couple of minutes of one and a significant goal. 7th Jan 1984, home to Newport in the third round of the cup. I was 13, there with my Dad. We go 1-2 down quite late on and already into injury time we decide we will beat the traffic and start the drive back west since all was lost. As we were walking out of the back of the grandstand we heard the penalty award and Tommy’s equalizer going in.

But in our world there was no cup run. No Staniforth hitting both posts, no Rogers scoring from the corner at the Baseball, no Villa Park. We had gone out in the third round.

Haven’t left a game early since that day.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
2003/04. It was before I had a season ticket and I went to home games occasionally. For games around New year's time, I had the choice between going to see us play Brentford, or Chesterfield.

I chose Brentford.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
IJN":3rxxg2lo said:
Seeing we're in a reflective mood, what was the game you kick yourself you didn't go to.

As an example I phoned Dunlop one day to see if he fancied a lift up to Accrington Stanley when we were really really poo.

Mike's exact words were 'No I'll give it a miss Ian, the Mrs has been on at me about finishing the new kitchen, and we'll probably lose badly anyway"

When our fourth went in I had to call him. :lol: (We won 4-0).

What was your big miss?

Weather a little inclement that day :lol:

Remember Romain shielding his eyes from the hail as we all were on the terrace behind him. :scarf:

As for me, the 5-0 at Bury in the Warnock days. A game that turned our season, think we were bottom with 4 or 5 consecutive defeats to start season and then out of nowhere a big away win.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
1974 league cup semi final 1st leg v Man City which was a 3pm kick off due to the 3 day week and floodlight ban. I was at college and caught the 5am tube from central London to Hammersmith and began hitch hiking to Plymouth but only made it as far as the Stonehenge area by 1pm so turned around to get back to London.

Sep 23, 2003
location, location.
Rochdale (a) in 2001/2. Had lunch with my dad, and others, who were on their way to the game. Briefly thought about throwing a sickie from work for the rest of the day and joining them on the journey north. But didn't.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Villa Park 1984

My uncle was captain of Plymouth Albion and they were on a cup run of their own that season. Family ties dictated my allegiance that day.