Players you had irrational like/dislike of..... | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Players you had irrational like/dislike of.....

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Everyone has players they like or dislike which are obvious; Frio, Tynan, Mariner etc. Then there’s the Swans of this world.

I liked Scott Taylor but didn’t take a shine to John Matthews, although I have no idea why.

Oct 31, 2015
So thinking outside of the obvious choices.

Dislike was poor old Stonebridge. He never did anything wrong (or in my eyes anything at all :D )and. I was known in the Demport for giving him what for. Mind you I could have hugged him away to Excretia that afternoon :funny:

I always liked Steve Adams in Stuurocks team. Never a star but boy he did the dirty work well in that team.

I also liked at the time and have a lot of time for Simon Walton and I know he's not liked amongst some fans

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Never took to Gibbs or Mackie. No logic behind it, just didn't do to for me.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
GreenThing":1svv06mz said:
Everyone has players they like or dislike which are obvious; Frio, Tynan, Mariner etc. Then there’s the Swans of this world.

I liked Scott Taylor but didn’t take a shine to John Matthews, although I have no idea why.

Ha, I used to love John Matthews!
I remember those crunching tackles, his pin-point long range passing and the odd pile driver of a goal :thumbup:

I wasn't keen on David Budge Byrne at the time. Bit of a mouthy cockerney left winger, replacing my then favourite player Mark Stuart.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Emu":3e6mic5z said:
GreenThing":3e6mic5z said:

Ha, I used to love John Matthews!
I remember those crunching tackles, his pin-point long range passing and the odd pile driver of a goal :thumbup:

I wasn't keen on David Budge Byrne at the time. Bit of a mouthy cockerney left winger, replacing my then favourite player Mark Stuart.

I appreciate Matthews now, just not at the time. Yep, I’m an idiot :)

Mark Stuart. What a player he was! Shame he didn’t stick around long.

Mar 22, 2020
A player who rarely gets a mention on here, Tony James. In my opinion one of the very best centre backs we've had.
Tin hat on but irrational dislike for me is Mr Green blood himself (sorry) Paul Wotton.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Now if the subject was manager you had an irrational like/dislike for, I would have to say John Gregory, I know he wasn't here long but I recall being really irritated by him

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Phil Starbick swapped for Adie Littlejohn ! What was Jones thinking ???

Lee Power !!

On the other end Chuck Norris, Peter Halmosi, GC10 , Gary Nelson, Gorden Nisbet

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Bjarni Gudjonsson - was I being irrational or was he just rubbish?

Aug 5, 2016
Simon Walton. Couldn’t stand him, the way he clearly carried too much weight, shouted at the younger players, barely moved around the pitch but would point and bark orders. He was captain but his personal application and effort seemed to be non-league, all the while he was aggressive in his gestures.

I know there is a big movement among the fans to recognise his wage deferrals and personal sacrifices etc. I respect that but as a player he irritated me.

It was only when Wotton came in we had some real leadership in there that season. Wotton’s arrival also seemed to put Walton back in his place.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Knibbsworth":1i6wnd4w said:
Simon Walton. Couldn’t stand him, the way he clearly carried too much weight, shouted at the younger players, barely moved around the pitch but would point and bark orders. He was captain but his personal application and effort seemed to be non-league, all the while he was aggressive in his gestures.

I know there is a big movement among the fans to recognise his wage deferrals and personal sacrifices etc. I respect that but as a player he irritated me.

It was only when Wotton came in we had some real leadership in there that season. Wotton’s arrival also seemed to put Walton back in his place.

Simon Walton's 9 goals (top scorer) in 2011/12 kept Argyle in the football league.

Altarnun Green

✅ Evergreen
Nov 27, 2005
One player for not many games, Tony Obi. I just remember him running up and down the wings with his not very long legs going 10 to the dozen. For some reason, it just creased my mates and I up. Small things I suppose but of all the memories of Argyle, this one sticks vividly in my mind.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Green Painter":15x6viok said:
A player who rarely gets a mention on here, Tony James. In my opinion one of the very best centre backs we've had.
Tin hat on but irrational dislike for me is Mr Green blood himself (sorry) Paul Wotton.

You’re not alone. A dislike for Wotton for me as well.