Why on earth?? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Why on earth??

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Guessing but if you skip along a few pictures, black sleeves were likely to clash with Alex Palmer's shirt. There is also a rule that says that undergarments must be the same colour as the shirt or shorts that they are under although rarely enforced.

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Because the base layers were not the same main colour as the shirt sleeves

Undershirts must be:

a single colour which is the same colour as the main colour of the shirt sleeve; or
a pattern/colours which exactly replicate(s) the shirt sleeve
Undershorts/tights must be the same colour as the main colour of the shorts or the lowest part of the shorts – players of the same team must wear the same colour.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-go ... -equipment

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Oh dear!

He’s probably a Traffic Warden or works in ‘Health & Safety’. :roll:

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
..and he should have done it in the dressing rooms earlier unless he's not allowed in?

other refs have not been so fussy over the last couple of seasons

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
I'm sure Lameiras regularly wore a black undervest.

I'd image LC's point of it clashing with Palmer's kit was the actual reason rather than obsessively sticking to the rules.

Aug 14, 2014
Any advice on this question-- Why is there not a long sleeve, short sleeve alternative?-- so as to avoid the scruffy under vest which is nearly always a different shade of the shirt colour it is supposed to match.

May 22, 2006
Made the same point on the match day thread on Saturday. Seems to be colour clash of undergarment.

I also wondered why at the start of the second half, just before Argyle kicked off, the ref appeared to go and shake the hand of a Lincoln player, possibly Johnson. Seemed rather odd.

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
pastiesforlife":1qox5ed5 said:
I also wondered why at the start of the second half, just before Argyle kicked off, the ref appeared to go and shake the hand of a Lincoln player, possibly Johnson. Seemed rather odd.

Probably congratulating him for staying upright for 45 mins!!! :whistle:

tonsk

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
Other than the sleeve issue, i thought the ref had a good game,not too card happy,and speaking to/warning players if he thought a challenge was a little too strong,one of the best performances from a ref, which makes a change.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
rongreenblood":15gfo4p4 said:
Other than the sleeve issue, i thought the ref had a good game,not too card happy,and speaking to/warning players if he thought a challenge was a little too strong,one of the best performances from a ref, which makes a change.

The way I saw it Ron.