Your best and worst Argyle Xmas present? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Your best and worst Argyle Xmas present?

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
With 'that time' approaching I was pondering Christmases past - Boxing Day games etc - and wondered what other memories there are of 'good cheer' or downright 'humbug' misery...

My highs have to include :

Boxing Day 1969 - Argyle 6 Torquay 0

Boxing Day 1974 - Argyle 4 Swindon 3

27th December 1975 - Argyle 4 Fulham 0

On the other hand, I've seen my fair share of misery at Home Park over Christmas. One of my all-time lows was Boxing Day 1980 - Argyle 0 Exeter 2. I noted in my journal that it was 'a pathetic display'. Ho, Ho Ho! (not...)

If you want to include the New Year as part of the festive season it's fine with me! :scarf:

Jan 27, 2012
Steve Castle scored an away hat-trick in about 15 minutes or something..... Im pretty sure that was around Christmas time. I think i was watching the pantomime at the time.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
gaspargomez":1rmz0l1a said:
Steve Castle scored an away hat-trick in about 15 minutes or something..... Im pretty sure that was around Christmas time. I think i was watching the pantomime at the time.

Stockport. I was there. Friday before Christmas i think. Stockport had man mountain Kevin Francis and Andy Preece up front. Great result although we missed out in playoffs that season.

Also a Friday evening game at Oldham on plastic pitch in 1990 (?). Lost 5-3 -Kenny Brown got 2 of our three.

Mar 21, 2006
Worst present - Elm Park just before Xmas - THAT game where we were 3-1 up to Reading at half time and lost 4-3 thanks to Kevin Bremner - ruined my Xmas that year.