PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Just awful!

One of the most gutless, lethargic and soul destroying performances seen at Home Park in a generation.

The euphoria of fans returning 'home' evaporated in a first half that will live long in the memory for all the wrong reasons. Do we have to go on Saturday? :)

Let's be said Rochdale looked a very good team, especially considering they haven't won in seven games.

The goals conceded were comical. Schoolboy defending and poor goalkeeping combined to gift goals to Rochdale.
On the pitch we lacked leadership, there was no-one to rally the troops and when we looked to the touchline for inspiration our manager was unusually slumped in the dugout.

To be fair captain Edwards was one of our better players and Jephcott did hit the post but these were small crumbs of comfort.

Something just did not look right, something is very wrong in Camp Argyle.

A raft of substitutions at the start of the second half (bizarrely including Edwards) improved things, would we keep it down to three?
No. A poor pass from Cooper put Moore in trouble and Rochdale said 'thank you very much' and scored number 4.

Only Edwards and perhaps Jephcott can emerge with any kind of credit for this shambles.

Nouble didn't stand up for the team and lead the line.
The midfield was weak, Reeves and Grant's first instinct is to go backwards. No muscle, no pressure, no enforcement.

Wootton and Canavan were very poor, although a block from Wootton prevented a certain goal. I doubt if we will see these two for a while. It was schoolboy defending.

The players didn't stand up, in fact they cowered away from the challenge, there was no fight, no pride and no character.

You let us down.

12 goals conceded and 1 point in the last 4 league games.

Well played Rochdale.

Instead of looking how far away we are from sixth spot we are now very quickly looking at 21st spot.

Man of the Match - Edwards.

Cooper 4, Wootton 3, Canavan 3, Watts 4, Fornah 4, Edwards 6, Grant 4, Reeves 4, G Gooper 5, Nouble 4, Jephcott 6. Subs Moore 6, Hardie 4, Opoku 5, Aimson 5, Camara 5.

Dec 26, 2010
Am I right in saying that were no yellow cards in that match - which is remarkable in itself?

I'm not condoning foul play, but the lack of a yellow card for an Argyle player speaks volumes about their total lack of desire and determination.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
I need to let off some anger so this will do.

Cooper 2, Wootton 2, Canavan 0, Watts 3, Fornah 4, Edwards 6, Grant 3, Reeves 2, G Gooper 4, Nouble 2, Jephcott 4, Subs Hardie 4, Opoku 6, Aimson 5, Camara 4,Moore 6.

The whole thing looked and felt wrong from the offset.

Jul 24, 2009
A bizarre and worrying performance. Argyle were simply awful and 4-0 in no way flattered Rochdale. The attitude and application was a million miles away from being right for a league one professional football team. The defence, particularly Wootton and Canavan were all over the place. Cooper was for me at fault for at least two of the goals, and the midfield were so passive it was untrue. But, we've had a good run at home this year, maybe time for fans to take this one on the chin and go again on Saturday. A tester for Lowe though as that was in no shape or form up to the required mark.

Aug 4, 2011
McCormick simply has to come in. Confidence, leadership, communication is what’s needed. I’d maintain Canavan as Opoku is off next month but would certainly bring Aimson in for Wootton.

We need bite in midfield. Edwards back in the middle. Moore on the right if we simply have to play this 3-5-2 week in week out.

Jephcott and Hardie to start next 5 games together. Mayor should return if fit and nothing more sinister. Cooper at LWB certainly at home as he links up well with Mayor

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Just very, very poor from Argyle. Ponderous, hesitant, clueless.

Edwards by far the best Argyle player so it was bizarre that he came off at halftime - perhaps he picked up a knock.

The players that were harshly dropped after the Portsmouth game or were prematurely hooked off early against Fleetwood ended up being asked to come back on into the team to replace those players deemed better than them in the last couple of games. Unsurprisingly no-one seems to know whether they are coming or going at the moment and there’s a feeling of fear throughout the side.

The bottom line is that the defence is really pretty rubbish, the midfield completely lacks punch and creativity, the wingbacks lack pace and attacking nous and the forwards don’t know what to do. Some players - Moore, Cooper and Hardie seem to be complete shadows of themselves from last season.

I’ve no idea how we’ve managed to go so quickly from looking like we could hold our own quite comfortably in League 1 to looking utterly clueless and worryingly easy to turn over.

Oct 14, 2015
Something just isn’t right at the club...something has turned sour since Fleetwood, but what???

Is Mayor sick, injured or something else??

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Dreamgreen":129xj7b1 said:
I would only give credit to Byron Moore tonight. Everyone else was carp !

He is OK but when have you seen him beat his defensive marker for speed on the outside. He turns inside too often IMHO and forward momentum breaks down.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Not much to add.

Aimson, Opoku and Watts started at Fleetwood. Two were replaced by half time by Wotton and Canavan, tonight those two were removed at the interval by Aimson and Opoku. Who's our first choice back three?

Not a strong tackle made by an angry green shirted player. Just admired the away side.

Forward passes were loose and predictable.

Lot of thinking ahead for the manager and staff before Ipswich.

Sep 6, 2006
I cannot see anything but a relegation battle. I was never convinced by our start. Some were talking of the play offs. :funny: Lowe has had a decent budget and signed a lot of players but very little quality. Also many quite similar in style. Where are the ball winners or the players driving us forward in Midfield without Mayor? Reeves is a good example.. Pass back, pass sideways, pass back ssssssss. We need more than that. We certainly bl@@dy do when we are 3.0 down at home. But Camara stays on the bench until the last 20!
Nouble is definitely not a target man but who else is? Hardie flatters to deceive. Good League 2 player. Similar with Cooper. Then he signs a load of young loanees who by their very nature are learning the game and make mistakes.
Add that to a tactically inflexible, inexperienced and possibly out of his depth manager and what do you get? 3 games where we have been outclassed. Should have been 3.0 at Peterborough at least. To be outclassed by Rochdale is something else though. We MADE them look good. They did play intelligently and within their limitations. Completely the opposite to us.
More sleepless nights for you Mr. Lowe.

Sep 6, 2006
football-bet-data":3eqvqlx9 said:
McCormick simply has to come in. Confidence, leadership, communication is what’s needed. I’d maintain Canavan as Opoku is off next month but would certainly bring Aimson in for Wootton.

We need bite in midfield. Edwards back in the middle. Moore on the right if we simply have to play this 3-5-2 week in week out.

Jephcott and Hardie to start next 5 games together. Mayor should return if fit and nothing more sinister. Cooper at LWB certainly at home as he links up well with Mayor

What has Hardie done to deserve a place?

May 1, 2011
Eddie":232uu9lq said:
Am I right in saying that were no yellow cards in that match - which is remarkable in itself?

I'm not condoning foul play, but the lack of a yellow card for an Argyle player speaks volumes about their total lack of desire and determination.

Interesting observation, a very passive performance.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
The Doctor":14ktb6ga said:
Just very, very poor from Argyle. Ponderous, hesitant, clueless.

Edwards by far the best Argyle player so it was bizarre that he came off at halftime - perhaps he picked up a knock.

The players that were harshly dropped after the Portsmouth game or were prematurely hooked off early against Fleetwood ended up being asked to come back on into the team to replace those players deemed better than them in the last couple of games. Unsurprisingly no-one seems to know whether they are coming or going at the moment and there’s a feeling of fear throughout the side.

The bottom line is that the defence is really pretty rubbish, the midfield completely lacks punch and creativity, the wingbacks lack pace and attacking nous and the forwards don’t know what to do. Some players - Moore, Cooper and Hardie seem to be complete shadows of themselves from last season.

I’ve no idea how we’ve managed to go so quickly from looking like we could hold our own quite comfortably in League 1 to looking utterly clueless and worryingly easy to turn over.
Just a few weeks ago we were 5 points off the top spot with a game in hand. Now we're 11 behind and the top spot's got the game in hand.

Jun 27, 2019
Please let's not start the 'something is wrong in the camp' stuff. Nothing is wrong behind the scenes. We took a pasting at Fleetwood and it's rattled a few heads, including that of the manager, who is now chopping and changing to such an alarming degree that we've started a tailspin.

The only way out of it will be to play a settled side for the next three games at least. Pick the players who looked so competent for that little run between Doncaster and Portsmouth. Let the defence develop an understanding. Maybe bring in McCormick to provide some experience at the back.

Ipswich are in a similar tailspin to us and are probably the ideal opposition after that shambles tonight. They've got big problems on and off the pitch and are there for the taking.

Play our strongest XI please!