Lowe post Rochdale match comments | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Lowe post Rochdale match comments

Sep 2, 2008
up_the_line":wj7uorzm said:
I don't think we'll be seeing Canavan for a while.
Rightly
I'd add Nouble to that. He is useless. Always has been everytime I've seen him play in other teams. The fact that Lowe signed him also makes me question whether Lowe really knows what hes doing. I'm starting to think that League 2 management is his level.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Pottypilgrim":33k0730r said:
up_the_line":33k0730r said:
I don't think we'll be seeing Canavan for a while.
Rightly
I'd add Nouble to that. He is useless. Always has been everytime I've seen him play in other teams. The fact that Lowe signed him also makes me question whether Lowe really knows what hes doing. I'm starting to think that League 2 management is his level.
That's a little harsh.

Even Fergie, Mourinho, Wenger and every manager has made a naff signing or two in their careers. Lowe has mostly got things right in the transfer window to date.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
greybeard-kernow":3d3gb2jr said:
is he nursing a fat lip?defo a cut :silent:

It might be two cold sores, they were there in his interview after the Lincoln game

Aug 22, 2008
Chicago
I don't usually bother with post-match interviews as its all just spin and cliches. However, I was very curious to see how Ryan Lowe responded to this defeat.

He said he doesn't want to blame people and the team win, lose and draw together, but he was very clear that he felt the coaching staff had prepared and done everything they needed to do, and players let him down. So, he kind of plays it both ways but that sounds like blame to me, and it is clear he does not take any responsibility himself.

Maybe the players did let him down, but how does a team collectively go on the pitch and turn in a performance like that having been hit for 5 just the other day? That suggest a problem in the system, the training or the make-up of the team.

It is clear that we are shaky at the back. We felt this last season in L2 but went up thanks to a couple of strong results just before lockdown. Those issues were not resolved during the break and we are now trying to play football out from the back in L1 with L2 cloggers.

Lowe seems frustrated that the players don't do what he is asking of them. My feeling is that sometimes what he is asking of them is beyond them. It's fine wanting to play the game 'the right way', but one of the great skills of a lower league manager is getting a tune out of the mixed bag of players your team can afford/attract. That means horses for courses and adapting to what you have in front of you. Not necessarily all option A or all option B, but to have the variety in game and see which method is most effective. It's this playing through the thirds and patterns of play that becomes too predictable. Wanting to be the L1 Pep or Klopp is fine, but they have the greatest players in the world at their disposal; we don't.

Apart from getting taken apart by Exeter and the odd poor showing, this is the biggest challenge Lowe has had to face at Argyle. I am interested to see how his 'jolly scouser' persona is tested during this time. There are all the usual lines being offered, but the response seems confused, contradictory and emotional. I think if we continue to get poor results and the pressure builds we will really get to know what Ryan Lowe is all about in the weeks ahead.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Chicago Green":1srqt52y said:
I don't usually bother with post-match interviews as its all just spin and cliches. However, I was very curious to see how Ryan Lowe responded to this defeat.

He said he doesn't want to blame people and the team win, lose and draw together, but he was very clear that he felt the coaching staff had prepared and done everything they needed to do, and players let him down. So, he kind of plays it both ways but that sounds like blame to me, and it is clear he does not take any responsibility himself.

Maybe the players did let him down, but how does a team collectively go on the pitch and turn in a performance like that having been hit for 5 just the other day? That suggest a problem in the system, the training or the make-up of the team.

It is clear that we are shaky at the back. We felt this last season in L2 but went up thanks to a couple of strong results just before lockdown. Those issues were not resolved during the break and we are now trying to play football out from the back in L1 with L2 cloggers.

Lowe seems frustrated that the players don't do what he is asking of them. My feeling is that sometimes what he is asking of them is beyond them. It's fine wanting to play the game 'the right way', but one of the great skills of a lower league manager is getting a tune out of the mixed bag of players your team can afford/attract. That means horses for courses and adapting to what you have in front of you. Not necessarily all option A or all option B, but to have the variety in game and see which method is most effective. It's this playing through the thirds and patterns of play that becomes too predictable. Wanting to be the L1 Pep or Klopp is fine, but they have the greatest players in the world at their disposal; we don't.

Apart from getting taken apart by Exeter and the odd poor showing, this is the biggest challenge Lowe has had to face at Argyle. I am interested to see how his 'jolly scouser' persona is tested during this time. There are all the usual lines being offered, but the response seems confused, contradictory and emotional. I think if we continue to get poor results and the pressure builds we will really get to know what Ryan Lowe is all about in the weeks ahead.

Spot on Chicago Green. Agree with this being the first big test of his managerial career. Optimistically I see this as a good learning. opportunity for a young promising manager and his team. I hope he can take a step back and put his hand up to see what has gone wrong and what he is responsible for and fix it. Thats what top leaders and managers do. I don't think we need to rip up the playbook and philosophy but we do need to tweak our system and get more out of our players. I expect a couple of weeks of dodgy performance before he does it get right. Hopefully it is fixed in time of the Xmas fixtures.

May 8, 2011
Things must be bad if the players are coming in today as Wednesday is normally theirs and the management team’s day off.

Mar 25, 2007
I got the impression that he felt the players had looked at Rochdale's league position and thought they were in for an easy night.

Talks a lot about learning from this, what is there to learn that Fleetwood didn't teach us? Ipswich must be bricking it. :sick:

Oct 20, 2015
In times like this it's important to have a strategy not to lose. When confidence is low(e) then a 0-0 can build belief, and win a point. I can't see how this squad and this manager could set up for this, and playing gung-ho with a team short on confidence is a recipe for disaster

Jul 12, 2016
Steve Evans":2bs778fm said:
i believe ryan and his assistants will overcome this.ryan is a strong character and will respond positively on saturday.
You have more faith than me.He certainly " talks the talk"