January transfer window | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

January transfer window

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
A couple of weeks back it didn't look like we'd need to do much business.

After Fleetwood and Rochdale that statement looks out of date.

Expect Abraham to return to Fulham. Think we will try to extend Opoku. Ruddy may well be released too to free up a little budget.

We need some new defensive options, perhaps more than the window will realistically let us obtain.

1 x CB must be the priority in my view.

What other wheeling and dealing can we do given the lack of match day receipts this season?

Oct 14, 2015
We need a leader on the pitch, someone who’ll take charge and kick a few arses on the pitch.....A Sonny Bradley type player..

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
There would be quite a few I'd like to move on first. Trim the squad. Bring some quality in.
I'd try and extend Opoku's loan. If at all possible I'd move Canavan and Wooton on (when do their contracts end?) and bring in a decent, aggressive centre back and perhaps another half season loan in that position.
If he's just going to be crocked then McLeod needs to be moved on.
Abraham clearly isn't fancied. Strange he came in when Lolos could have done what he's done (ie. nothing).
I'd think about a right back in order to shift Edwards into CM

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
cheshiregreen":2krcrtn2 said:

Expect Abraham to return to Fulham. Think we will try to extend Opoku. Ruddy may well be released too to free up a little budget.

We need some new defensive options, perhaps more than the window will realistically let us obtain.

What other wheeling and dealing can we do given the lack of match day receipts this season?
You, obviously, don’t mean Ruddy. He was last year.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Out:

Canavan
Wootton
Abraham
Telford (loan)
Law (loan)
Lolos (loan)

IN:

LWB
RCB
CB
ST

Priority has to be defence. I believe Hardie and Jephcott is a good strike pairing, even if Hardie is goal-shy of late.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
davie nine":3ea9g2p6 said:
cheshiregreen":3ea9g2p6 said:

Oh yes we do.....Jack Ruddy here to cover McCormick's injury.... until January.

Sep 6, 2006
As well as a new defence and a striker we need a ball winner in Midfield in the Songo'o mould. So just the 5 players then. :sad:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Princerock":3gwba5jp said:
davie nine":3gwba5jp said:
cheshiregreen":3gwba5jp said:

Oh yes we do.....Jack Ruddy here to cover McCormick's injury.... until January.
Oops!! Of course, you are right. I was thinking of the Rangers striker on loan last year.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Balham_Green":3np01rhz said:
As well as a new defence and a striker we need a ball winner in Midfield in the Songo'o mould. So just the 5 players then. :sad:

We might need to bring our own ball as well....... :coat:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Princerock":3ua8tv8d said:
Balham_Green":3ua8tv8d said:

We might need to bring our own ball as well....... :coat:

Yes our best chance of a ball winner in midfield is one of IJN's raffles!! :whistle: