Danny Mayor | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Danny Mayor

Sep 2, 2008
I think this guy is a quality player. I also think he is a genuine player who really believes in doing well for the team. I also believe that he is the kind of guy that will go all in and sign up to the sort of rhetoric that comes out of Lowes mouth. I watch him closely when he puts in a pass that results in a goal and imo his elation at us scoring is genuine. Likewise, when he messes up or we go behind his disappointment is genuine. I see him as a genuine believer in what we are looking to achieve as a team. So his omission from the squad for the last two games is a real concern for me. Lowe explained it away as an upset stomach or something along those lines but as we all know that sort of illness is a 24hr thing at most. He should have at least been on the bench for last nights game if Lowes explanation was to be believed. People react differently to what they perceive to be unjust and whereas some of the players have chosen to put on their boots and just go through the motions perhaps Danny has decided not to put on his boots at all. Its also interesting to me that the players Lowe brought down from Bury with him seem to be some of the ones that don't seem to be happy....Aimson at the Fleetwood game, not seen much of Byron even though most feel he should be starting (Lowe explained his recent short notice absence as a knock on the knee) and now Danny. Also, makes me think even more about McFadzean. We were fobbed off with the 'going back up North for family reasons' but surely if that was the case then Fadz would have had a team sorted way before he actually did. Something 'aint right. Don't listen to the words that are coming out of Lowes mouth....take a step back and have a look at the things that are actually happening. They are the best indicators. Lowe is well versed in telling you what you want to hear.

ngs

Apr 7, 2020
Jesus christ I've seen some crazy things said on here since last night but that is just ridiculous.

If I'd had a stomach bug for 24/48 hours the last thing I'd want to do a day later is play a game of football, even if he was feeling better it would take a lot longer to get him fully hydrated and back to fitness needed.

Some people really do read way to much in to things!

Jan 27, 2012
Reading between the lines, I’d guess that Mayor has Covid or has been in contact with someone who has Covid and needs to isolate. Lowe might not want to announce this for privacy reasons or to prevent rival managers from knowing how long Mayor will be missing for.

Sep 2, 2008
gaspargomez":36wf1ka8 said:
Reading between the lines, I’d guess that Mayor has Covid or has been in contact with someone who has Covid and needs to isolate. Lowe might not want to announce this for privacy reasons or to prevent rival managers from knowing how long Mayor will be missing for.

It could be something as simple as that. I genuinely hope it is and that my alternative view is complete nonsense. I did find it funny the other day when Lowe said that he isn't going to comment any further on player injuries. Shame he didn't adopt that stance when it comes to telling the whole league how we are going to be setting up to play the game.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I stomach bug is one thing, the recovery is another.

You don’t stop being sick and then instantly train and get back to match fitness.

He needs to recover properly ffs

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
There’s a hell of a lot of speculation on these boards at the moment. This thread plus others about ‘there must be something wrong in the camp’. We just had a couple of rubbish results and got found out in a higher league and Lowe is now earning his salary figuring it out. From the outside my personal opinion is that he’s made mistakes with early substitutions and an unsettled selection policy, but I’m not leaping to any conclusions other than he’s made a few rookie errors. Can we all calm down a bit?

Dec 8, 2019
Pottypilgrim":3t14nr6e said:
I think this guy is a quality player. I also think he is a genuine player who really believes in doing well for the team. I also believe that he is the kind of guy that will go all in and sign up to the sort of rhetoric that comes out of Lowes mouth. I watch him closely when he puts in a pass that results in a goal and imo his elation at us scoring is genuine. Likewise, when he messes up or we go behind his disappointment is genuine. I see him as a genuine believer in what we are looking to achieve as a team. So his omission from the squad for the last two games is a real concern for me. Lowe explained it away as an upset stomach or something along those lines but as we all know that sort of illness is a 24hr thing at most. He should have at least been on the bench for last nights game if Lowes explanation was to be believed. People react differently to what they perceive to be unjust and whereas some of the players have chosen to put on their boots and just go through the motions perhaps Danny has decided not to put on his boots at all. Its also interesting to me that the players Lowe brought down from Bury with him seem to be some of the ones that don't seem to be happy....Aimson at the Fleetwood game, not seen much of Byron even though most feel he should be starting (Lowe explained his recent short notice absence as a knock on the knee) and now Danny. Also, makes me think even more about McFadzean. We were fobbed off with the 'going back up North for family reasons' but surely if that was the case then Fadz would have had a team sorted way before he actually did. Something 'aint right. Don't listen to the words that are coming out of Lowes mouth....take a step back and have a look at the things that are actually happening. They are the best indicators. Lowe is well versed in telling you what you want to hear.
If I have a kebab with hot chilli sauce, every so often I'll have the whatever RL called it for a few days.
Perhaps you are a PAFC staff member who covers for anyone with the squits?

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
If it is the squits then I think a few of the starting eleven from last night have caught it too

Jun 27, 2019
Forest of Dean Green":3jqjpggg said:
There’s a hell of a lot of speculation on these boards at the moment. This thread plus others about ‘there must be something wrong in the camp’. We just had a couple of rubbish results and got found out in a higher league and Lowe is now earning his salary figuring it out. From the outside my personal opinion is that he’s made mistakes with early substitutions and an unsettled selection policy, but I’m not leaping to any conclusions other than he’s made a few rookie errors. Can we all calm down a bit?

Yep. We've hit a bump in the road but that's all it is.

In the summer people were saying things like, 'We're new to the league and the way we play means we'll probably take one or two hidings'. Now that has actually come to pass, the theme seems to be, 'Crisis!! He's lost the dressing room!! Something is rotten in the state of Home Park!!'.

Good old Pasoti.

Jun 27, 2019
gaspargomez":q2t63ql3 said:

The club got some stick for admitting that Wootton and Canavan travelled to Lincoln despite living with someone who had Covid, so I wouldn't blame them for keeping any further scares quiet.