(how about) Lloyd Jones (signs for Northampton) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

(how about) Lloyd Jones (signs for Northampton)

Jun 9, 2015
Purely conjecturing as a conversation starter, considering our CB problems currently it is worth noting that Lloyd Jones is still without a club. I know typically fans are against revisiting past players but he is still only 25 with experience in League 1 and from the games I have seen, he certainly seems to want to lead from the back which is something we are desperately in need of at the minute. I personally feel he could offer more than certain existing CB's are but it is a case of being able to offload in Jan to cover the expenses.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Would be worth a look, but we've no idea what he's up to now - he's probably massively short of match fitness and might even have given up on football. It would be a relatively obvious choice, especially with the Liverpool connection, but I don't how realistic it is now.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Loyd Grossman would be an improvement on this defence

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
There's a reason why he's only played 80 odd games in 6 years. One permanent club (Luton) and he only played 14 games in 3 years for them.
I certainly wasn't impressed with him when he was here.

Jul 12, 2016
There is a reason he is without a club. We might as well stick with what we've got than sign him.

Apr 1, 2009
This seems to come up about once every 3 weeks! I sometimes wonder if the threads are started by LJ himself/his family/his friends!

If we are able to bring in someone in January, it needs to be someone who is indisputably better than what we have, as well as someone who is match fit and ready to go. Instead certain fans want someone who didn't produce significant improvement last time he was here, won't be match fit, and in whom no other club seems to take a serious interest. As KiG says, Jones's career record in senior football is far from impressive. Let's move on from this one.

C

Cult Of Personality

Probably worth a trial at least . He must of had some talent for Liverpool to have signed him .

Tho I do remember him playing at a charity tournament in the summer only to be sent off in the first game and storm off making a big scene . He was young to be fair

Aug 17, 2005
As he was under Gerrard at Liverpool I would think RL will know all the pros and cons about him. If he is in Plymouth though I dont see any harm in giving him an extended trial to see if he comes up trumps

Apr 1, 2009
signalspast":rl98lln0 said:
As he was under Gerrard at Liverpool I would think RL will know all the pros and cons about him. If he is in Plymouth though I dont see any harm in giving him an extended trial to see if he comes up trumps

Given that he was under Gerrard at Liverpool, don't you think RL would have grabbed him if there was a positive recommendation? Perhaps there wasn't.

He's known to the Manager, he's played for the club before. If this was going to happen it would have happened by now.

Nov 10, 2010
If we have taken the premier league payment loan, it’s my understanding that the only way we can sign a player is if we off load a player first and then he comes in on 75% of the previous players wages.

I could be wrong however.

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
Below are the details of the Premier League’s financial package for EFL clubs. Argyle will get (or have already got) £375,000 plus a share of £15m based on lost gate receipts. This is shared between all EFL clubs including hose in the Championship so may be more of a five figure sum.

The monitored grant is more based on need and as Simon Hallett has already confirmed that he has paid a large but final sum into the Club (£3.5m I think) into the Club it is likely we may not qualify for that grant in front of over Clubs in greater need without the same level of resources. On that basis we should be free to conduct any transfer business as the budget allows for without restriction.

A £30million grant to be paid immediately from the Premier League to EFL Clubs for distribution based on lost gate receipts in respect of the 2019/20 and 2020/21 Season.
Each Club will receive a minimum payment of £375,000 in League One and £250,000 in League Two.
The remaining £15m to be distributed using a lost gate revenue share calculation, which will be approved by both the EFL and the Premier League.
In addition, a further £20m ‘Monitored Grant’ is to be provided with Clubs able to apply for it based on ‘need’, with a joint EFL and Premier League panel to determine Club eligibility.
Clubs subsequently in receipt of a ‘monitored grant’ will be subject to certain restrictions, in respect to transfer spend and player wages.

Clubs who keep to the restrictions will not have to repay any of the funding required, whereas for Clubs in breach, the ‘monitored grant’ becomes repayable by the Club.
Any Club in receipt of a grant or monitored grant payment will be required to continue to maintain compliance with the EFL’s financial regulations.

Aug 17, 2005
xmastree":23cwoha4 said:
signalspast":23cwoha4 said:

Given that he was under Gerrard at Liverpool, don't you think RL would have grabbed him if there was a positive recommendation? Perhaps there wasn't.

He's known to the Manager, he's played for the club before. If this was going to happen it would have happened by now.

Exactly if he had a positive response from Gerrard surely he would of given him a trial but situations change and people change because of situation so that's why I say about a trial

Jul 12, 2016
signalspast":2ueqtbpk said:
xmastree":2ueqtbpk said:
signalspast":2ueqtbpk said:

Exactly if he had a positive response from Gerrard surely he would have given him a trial but situations change and people change because of situation so that's why I say about a trial
We need somebody with a lot of experience who can lead the team when the going gets tough. IMO Jones is nowhere near good enough. The next signings, if any, will be vitally important to ensure we stay in this league.