Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The January transfer window opened on Saturday 2 January and closes 11pm Monday 1 February.

#incoming
The players Argyle have been linked with so far:
Aaron Wildig - midfielder at Morecambe.
Nathan Baker - (if fully fit) centre-back at Bristol City, loan.
Rory Holden - midfielder at Walsall.
Connor Hall - left-back at Harrowgate Town.
Jaden Brown - left-back at Huddersfield Town, loan.
Lloyd Jones - centre-back, free agent. signs for Northampton.
Matthew Pennington - centre-back at Everton, loan. signs for Shrewsbury.
George Miller - striker at Barnsley, loan.
Terry Taylor - midfielder at Wolves, loan.
Jordan Maguire-Drew - winger at Leyton Orient. signs for Crawley.
Janoi Donacien - right-back at Ipswich Town. signs for Fleetwood on loan.
Niall Ennis - striker at Wolves. signs.
Harrison Biggins - midfielder at Fleetwood.
Josh McEachran - midfielder at Birmingham, released.
Jamille Matt - striker at Forest Green Rovers.

#outgoing
Luke Jephcott to Barnsley.
Dom Telford to Oldham Athletic. signs for Newport.
Klaidi Lolos to Weymouth, loan.
Luke Jephcott to Huddersfield Town.
Luke Jephcott to Derby County.
Luke Jephcott to Nottingham Forest.
Scott Wootton to Accrington Stanley.
Scott Wootton to Wigan Athletic.

Confirmed
In
Adam Lewis - left wing-back on loan from Liverpool.
Niall Ennis - striker from Wolves, undisclosed fee, two-and-a-half-year contract.
Ryan Hardie - striker from Blackpool, undisclosed fee, two-and-a-half year contract.
Sam Woods - defender on loan from Crystal Palace.

Out
Niall Canavan to Bradford City - undisclosed fee.
Dom Telford to Newport County - undisclosed fee.
Frank Nouble to Colchester United - loan.
Scott Wootton to Wigan Athletic - loan.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i see luke jephcott as a premier league player and i think he could keep west brom in the premier.got to be £10 million though.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Steve Evans":v5c4c3n5 said:
i see luke jephcott as a premier league player and i think he could keep west brom in the premier.got to be £10 million though.

With Charlie Austin coming this way as part of the deal Steve?
Oh, hang on a minute - I remember the last time we took an Austin in PX. :facepalm:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Devongreenowl":1j67mi8q said:
Steve Evans":1j67mi8q said:

With Charlie Austin coming this way as part of the deal Steve?
Oh, hang on a minute - I remember the last time we took an Austin in PX. :facepalm:
i felt sorry for terry austin,having to follow mariner was an impossible task.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Yeah, it was like swapping an E-type for an Austin. Poor guy was on a hiding to nothing, although he did go on to do ok for Mansfield I think.

In all seriousness though, Jephcott is nowhere near the level that Mariner was at back then. Good player but not THAT good.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Devongreenowl":30zzjzuz said:
Yeah, it was like swapping an E-type for an Austin. Poor guy was on a hiding to nothing, although he did go on to do ok for Mansfield I think.

In all seriousness though, Jephcott is nowhere near the level that Mariner was at back then. Good player but not THAT good.

To be fair, not many were/are.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Devongreenowl":vic9c8yh said:

Austin got 18 goals in 58 games for Argyle. But you're right impossible job to replace Mariner who had scored 7 goals in first 10 games( of what is now the Championship) in season Austin arrived.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Yes, his return wasn’t bad over the two seasons. I only saw him in the first (relegation) season as I was overseas the following. Think he scored most of his goals at third tier level. Meanwhile Mariner made his England debut a matter of months after leaving :facepalm:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
If Argyle sell Jephcott in Jan for a 7 figure sum then they can kiss goodbye to the crisis cash coming to League 1 and League 2 clubs..

Mar 18, 2014
Barnsley????????????

WTF, not much of a step up in that, he should wait and go to team challenging for promotion to the Prem

Which of course, rules Sheffield Wednesday out :)

Feb 8, 2005
Let's not get carried away, eh?

He's not ready to go anywhere yet. We have to manage him carefully or he will be forced to take a small step up the ladder instead of a big one.

Oct 31, 2015
jimsing":hkhdyewz said:
Let's not get carried away, eh?

He's not ready to go anywhere yet. We have to manage him carefully or he will be forced to take a small step up the ladder instead of a big one.

Agreed this could go 2 X ways for jeppher. Big lucrative move when he and us are ready or a Ben purrington type move.

Really doesn't need to be ,"normal" Argyle for this lads career

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
He’s unlikely to be on much of a wage at Argyle. No current cap in the Championship where he would probably go onto 10k per week minimum. We've got a third choice goalkeeper on a 4 year deal of 8.5k a week at S6, much to our disgust. I'm sure Jeph's agent will be pointing out to him just how lucrative a move could be for him, even if it is to Barnsley. Not to worry Luke - you don’t have to live there :lol: