Plymouth Argyle v Oxford United - the build up | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle v Oxford United - the build up

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013

Oxford United
Official website
Fans forum
Twitter
Latest news

The Countdown to Oxford United

7.45pm kick-off

Sunday

Kevin Johnson is the man in the middle for the game, so far this season he has issued 38 yellow cards and two reds in 14 games. He has already visited Home Park this season when he was referee for the first league game against Blackpool in September.
He will be assisted on Tuesday by Richard Morris and Robert Dabbs while the fourth official is Joe Simpson.
Update - Brett Huxtable is now the match referee.

Oxford United analysis
Strengths
Creating long shot opportunities.
Creating scoring chances.
Weaknesses
Finishing scoring chances.
Stopping opponents from creating chances.
Avoiding fouling in dangerous areas.
Defending counter attacks.
Defending set pieces.
Style of play
Control the game in the opposition's half.
Take long shots.
Attempt crosses often.
Play with width.
Take a lot of shots.

They Played For Both
Curtis Nelson, Jamie Mackie, Ashley Barnes, Chris Zebroski, Ryan Taylor, Ashley Smith-Brown, Darren Purse, Paul Wotton, Luke McCormick, Lee Cox, Tony Capaldi, Rufus Brevitt, Nicky Banger. Any more?

The Greens have played Oxford at home 27 times; winning 11 games, drawing six and losing 10. The U's have won five of the last seven visits to Home Park.

Fan entry times window at turnstiles: 6.15pm to 7pm (usually 1.30pm to 2.15pm) and 7pm to 7.45pm (usually 2.15pm to 3pm).

Monday

Purchase your iFollow match pass ... here.

According to Sky Bet Argyle are at 19/10 to win the game, an Oxford win has odds of 5/4 and the draw is on offer at 12/5.

Fans' Brief .... club website.

Oxford manager Karl Robinson looks ahead to the game .... Oxford club website.
“It’s not going to be easy, not least because they are in Tier 2 and can still have fans in. We have seen at our own games what a positive effect that can have and how fans can influence the games so we will be aware of that but at the same time it’s great to play games where there are fans, whoever they support."
Tuesday

Argyle v Oxford Frequently Asked Questions .... club website.

The cover of the match programme ...

Match preview.

More from Oxford manager Karl Robinson about the game ... Oxford Mail.

In a late change of referee Kevin Johnson is replaced by Brett Huxtable and Joe Simpson replaces him as fourth official.
Huxtable has shown 64 yellow cards and no reds in 18 games so far this season.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Deane Smalley

Apologies IF I am wrong, BUT I did read some time ago that the kick-off time was originally at SEVEN O'CLOCK [7pm] - as Oxford wanted to hasten their travel time !!

NOW - am I wrong, have I got it totally wrong or have I downed too many San Miguels ?

OR

is it still the same time ?

I am unable to watch it as it is far too late - 2.45am [even at 7.45pm].

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Let's hope they go for a swim when they arrive at The Crowne Plaza later :D

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
TinTin":47wlewd4 said:
Apologies IF I am wrong, BUT I did read some time ago that the kick-off time was originally at SEVEN O'CLOCK [7pm] - as Oxford wanted to hasten their travel time !!

NOW - am I wrong, have I got it totally wrong or have I downed too many San Miguels ?

OR

I think it always has been a 7.45pm kick off.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
TinTin":pnolo28i said:

OR

Tin Tin, it's definitely 7.45pm kick-off, see the first post on this thread.

Oct 5, 2013
Just watched the highlights of Oxford 2 v Wimbledon 0.
W'don had numerous chances, but Oxford cleared at least two off the line and the visitors hit the post, the Oxford goalie also had a worldie and saved three that looked certs. If it had been 5-2 to W'don seems like it wouldn't have been unjust. Let's hope they can't repeat this against us and that we can exploit their defensive frailties to the full.

Oct 14, 2015
I’m surprised to see them as favourites for the game despite their recent upturn in form but most of their recent games have been on their own patch. One away game all month.